• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Yeah, I've just read from a few users that they are a bit more cool white then the pure white. If I get them i'll be sure to let you know how they work and post some pictures. I found a site with some cool white light strips, they are a bit more expensive but they are 5800K - 6800K http://www.barlighting.com/4-Strip-Cool-White-Kit-p/4sk-cw.htm I've read they have a slight blue tint though

IMO more than 5000K is just too blue. I'd rather have a yellowish light than a bluish one if I couldn't have a more neutral one. For figures, anyway, due to skin tones under the lighting.

Swimsuit Selvaria Bles looked kinda lonely by herself in the detolf so I caved in and decided to get these two from Amiami.

gumonshoe1378290664.jpeg

OhnoRaptors1363057005.jpeg

Okay, just finished (for today) what I have been working on a little bit at a time this week: more DETOLF renovation.

Going back to needing to angle the lights in-wards for the figures in the back to have their faces lit, I was thinking about trying some concave molding or some kind of weather stripping or something. I also wanted to do something to hide the actual light bulbs from the front because they're kind of distracting. I wasn't sure what exactly, but I went to the hardware store and looked around and found that 8 feet of molding was only $3.50 and it looked like it might work out just how I wanted.

For that price, it seemed worth a try. I got 2 of the 8 foot strips thinking 4x4 lights, 1 foot strip per light, 16 feet, but DETOLF are actually 13 3/4" between the metal railing, so I cut them to that length and didn't have enough for all the shelves but I went ahead and took some pictures now so you can see the progress and what kind of difference this makes. Sorry that some of these are kind of dark... I was working on this in my garage in the evenings after it got dark so I just used my phone because I didn't want to go in and get the real camera.

dhMeAzK.gif

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My Sailor Saturn came in from Go Hastings via Amazon Marketplace. Got worried when they shipped it on a bubble mailer but it only had a slight crease on the side. Somehow it survived!

Still waiting for my two Digimon GEMs from AmiAmi. Was 2 weeks today on the dot... Hope I see them tomorrow or Monday :/

kewlmyc

Fuck my clumsiness. Go figure I drop one of the figures I'm trying to sell.

RIP in pieces, Tharja. I'll try to super glue her hair back on, but I can't sell her like this.

kewlmyc

Tharjaaaaaa! Nooooooooooooo!

Fuuuuuuck. Thats sucks dude.

Worst part is that I feel like I really let ColetteBrunel down by breaking it. I'll try to make it up to him by giving him a big discount on two of the figures he was interested in. I really feel like shit now. Gonna go watch a funny anime/movie or something to cheer me up.

Giolon

RIP in pieces, Tharja. I'll try to super glue her hair back on, but I can't sell her like this.

Photo? It might be repairable.

I dropped my Melda as I was showing my dad how I clean them. Fortunately, only her swappable parts popped off. It could've been much, much worse.

Wanderer5

Photo? It might be repairable.

I dropped my Melda as I was showing my dad how I clean them. Fortunately, only her swappable parts popped off. It could've been much, much worse.

"Now dad the way I clean these figures is to-" *drops Melda* "....not drop them for one thing."

:p Yeah dropping figures can suck. I dropped Samus figma once, but luckily no noticable damage was shown.

Awww my poor tharja :( was really excited to finally have her and at that price made it even more so. I'm sorry that this happened. Please don't beat yourself too much over it though, I'm an understanding person.

for Tharja

CfrP8It.gif

Got a payment request for... wait for it....

Juri!

And, don't want to jinx it, but I will have in my hot little hands soon another bishoujo grail I've
been waiting quite a long time for...

Of course, pics to follow, but now, what to do with two Jubilees?

Acid08

Banned
/me pours out a 40 oz for Tharja

Juri!

And, don't want to jinx it, but I will have in my hot little hands soon another bishoujo grail I've

Paint one of them gold and sell it as a Limited Edition. Dat amiibo strategy.

Giolon

for Tharja

CfrP8It.gif

Juri!

Me toooo!!!!! I hope she doesn't get lost in the mail like Satan...

chrono01

She was lost in the mail for two weeks despite EMS (3-day delivery). Fortunately, she showed up on the radar yesterday and should arrive tomorrow if everything returns to normal!
Oh, nice!

Yeah, I've had a package get "lost" before but just randomly showing up later. That's why I always opt for tracking so I can at least know that it's back on-track. I think I'd go insane if I knew nothing.

Happy to hear that everything is seemingly fixed.

Giolon

Oh, nice!

Yeah, I've had a package get "lost" before but just randomly showing up later. That's why I always opt for tracking so I can at least know that it's back on-track. I think I'd go insane if I knew nothing.

Happy to hear that everything is seemingly fixed.

I was going nuts because it had tracking. It got to Tokyo and then just...disappeared for exactly two weeks, when it should have shown up in SF ~24 hours later. o_0

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Okay, just finished (for today) what I have been working on a little bit at a time this week: more DETOLF renovation.

Blocks the lights and angles it so the back figures get light too? Awesome work omlet...

Poor Tharja, first you reject her by selling her off cheaply, then you drop her, now she's gonna develop battered waifu syndrome...

for Tharja

CfrP8It.gif

Juri!

Your eyeing up Catwoman aren't you?

---------------

Finished Gurren Lagann last night, man the show was awesome, like Kill la Kill was a love letter to Go Nagai, Gurren Lagann was a love letter to Getter Robo and the rest of the mecha genre. Haven't watched the two movies yet, seeing as they are compilations I thought I'd put it off for a bit.

The real shame is all the figures are way too much, though I did grab a Sega pm Yoko just to have something from the show.

I'm also completely jealous of kewlmyc's upcoming e2046 gathering statue he's got coming now as it's perhaps the biggest of the Gurren Lagann robots out there. I'll get some revoltechs but only pre-owned and from amiami and mandarake, don't want to pay through the nose for the tiny little shits.

-------------

Also I am 10 hours into Persona 4 golden and am still only May 1st, trying to get all the Persona available to me into the compendium for easy fusing later.

At first the social link shit seemed like an unmanageable mess getting in the way of my dungeon crawling, only having played persona 1 & 2 previously, but it's actually a lot simpler then it appears. That I can go into the other world and grind my heart out for more persona whenever keeps me happy.

I take it 3 introduced the social link stuff, and that 5 will have it too so I better get used to having to virtually socialize with a bunch of goofy kids. My only complaint is it feels like the dark oppressive atmosphere has been lightened a ton in this game, could just be I'm not far enough along, or this game needs a laugh track.

kierwynn

When does Nippon Yasan charge you? They're not my first choice ever, but someone on reddit said you can preorder that Kaori figure from them and you won't have to pay upfront. BiJ has it for preorder, but they require immediate payment which I'd prefer not to do atm especially since I am thinking about ordering that Mirai figure (which, from what I understood, I'll have to use a proxy and have to pay right away). I don't even know if I'm going to order the Kaori one (I may wait to see what GSC's figure will look like), but just curious if I decide I do want it.

When does Nippon Yasan charge you? They're not my first choice ever, but someone on reddit said you can preorder that Kaori figure from them and you won't have to pay upfront. BiJ has it for preorder, but they require immediate payment which I'd prefer not to do atm especially since I am thinking about ordering that Mirai figure (which, from what I understood, I'll have to use a proxy and have to pay right away). I don't even know if I'm going to order the Kaori one (I may wait to see what GSC's figure will look like), but just curious if I decide I do want it.

around 1-2 weeks before shipping iirc. they'll remind you via email too

Bombless

You can pay upfront or at any time. They will ask for payment a bit before they receive the item from the manufacturer.

Part 1 complete, AmiAmi separated my orders. Now for the crucial part.

I made some calculations and if everything goes right I'll save 14k yen, without shipping and the taxes that I would have to pay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom