• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
never heard of this show. but really cute figure. good show?

It was okay. Nothing spectacular.

When does Nippon Yasan charge you? They're not my first choice ever, but someone on reddit said you can preorder that Kaori figure from them and you won't have to pay upfront. BiJ has it for preorder, but they require immediate payment which I'd prefer not to do atm especially since I am thinking about ordering that Mirai figure (which, from what I understood, I'll have to use a proxy and have to pay right away). I don't even know if I'm going to order the Kaori one (I may wait to see what GSC's figure will look like), but just curious if I decide I do want it.

They'll email you to request payment the week before an item comes out, once the release date is confirmed. Like HLJ, they only give you a window of a few days to pay before they cancel the order.

SerTapTap

Still have kosmos swimsuit for sale. Forgot what I priced it at but it was cheaper than aftermarket mandarake

Price on kosmos? I didn't know they had Xenosaga figs...fuck I'm late to all my fav frachsies of the last 20 years. Catching up will be pricy/impossible...

Okay, just finished (for today) what I have been working on a little bit at a time this week: more DETOLF renovation.

Looks great!

Guess I'll get this. But I was also thinking about getting a Best Buy card for use only at best buy...is there an ideal amount of time I should space them? I'm probably going to be using Best Buy more than Yen in the immediate future (thanks Gamer's Club Unlocked)

I have only one card right now (for 4 years) but a decent credit line and zero missed payments

Price on kosmos? I didn't know they had Xenosaga figs...fuck I'm late to all my fav frachsies of the last 20 years. Catching up will be pricy/impossible...

Looks great!

Guess I'll get this. But I was also thinking about getting a Best Buy card for use only at best buy...is there an ideal amount of time I should space them? I'm probably going to be using Best Buy more than Yen in the immediate future (thanks Gamer's Club Unlocked)

I have only one card right now (for 4 years) but a decent credit line and zero missed payments

I'll part with it for 35 for kos mos + shipping

Well, after a pretty calm January and February, a few figures arrived in the last 2 weeks.

More Sonicos and her plus size friend, some Satellizer, some Queens Blade and a metric ton of other boobs.
GAkTTiX.jpg

5 Sins down, one on the way, one to go. And already on my way to collect the alternate versions...

SerTapTap

PM sent

edit: Guess I should wait on that Capital One card to make a bigass $500 purchase within the first 3 months so I get $100 back. Not sure I plan on that soon though, I bought almost everything I wanted within reason on Amazon.jp and only get $340. Most other places charge me in USD anyway (amiami mostly, unless I can tell them to let me pay in yen?)

Well, after a pretty calm January and February, a few figures arrived in the last 2 weeks.

More Sonicos and her plus size friend, some Satellizer, some Queens Blade and a metric ton of other boobs.

5 Sins down, one on the way, one to go. And already on my way to collect the alternate versions...

I liked that maid pochacco but too rich for my blood. ...for now. Like the Sonico too. But I think I'll go for the chan cheerleader one. Lil cheaper, tan is nice, easier to put the clothes back on...

PM sent

edit: Guess I should wait on that Capital One card to make a bigass $500 purchase within the first 3 months so I get $100 back. Not sure I plan on that soon though, I bought almost everything I wanted within reason on Amazon.jp and only get $340. Most other places charge me in USD anyway (amiami mostly, unless I can tell them to let me pay in yen?)

I liked that maid pochacco but too rich for my blood. ...for now. Like the Sonico too. But I think I'll go for the chan cheerleader one. Lil cheaper, tan is nice, easier to put the clothes back on...

replied back

also... after party sonico.....

If you have good credit, it doesnt really matter much. But apply for the card you want the most first. Then once approved, apply for the other one.

Love you Freezing figures. Soooooniiiicooo! <3

just confirmation

received payment from

Ohmygoditsjrod Persona Figmas
ShadowSoldier89 Mitsuru
Vlaphor for Black Widow
Sir TapTap for Kos Mos
Bloodember for mikus

trying my best to get it shipped out today

Acid08

Banned
I'm still trying to finish Rail Wars, but there is not enough trains. Plus, so many great poses and they did that one for the figure, sigh.
I kinda want to get back to this at some point. I think I made it two episodes in. Seemed decent if unremarkable.

Next up is Yuki Yuna though.

kierwynn

Thanks you guys for the answers! Probably gonna wait a little to see if someone does happen to put up orders for the Mirai, but it's good to know.

just confirmation

received payment from

Ohmygoditsjrod Persona Figmas
ShadowSoldier89 Mitsuru
Vlaphor for Black Widow
Sir TapTap for Kos Mos
Bloodember for mikus

trying my best to get it shipped out today

I never got a PM about payment or anything, but I can pay whenever!

Thanks you guys for the answers! Probably gonna wait a little to see if someone does happen to put up orders for the Mirai, but it's good to know.

I never got a PM about payment or anything, but I can pay whenever!

O I thought you wanted to wait due to this months orders or something lol. Last I heard was you wanted it for sure and held it for you.

Will try to get it sorted out early next week.

Guys

I'm about to order a figure for the first time and it's exciting.

But what do I pick for shipping? I'm worried I'll pick the fastest and then it'll tack on another $30 to the price, and I'd rather add up to $20 if necessary. What do I go with?

Guys

I'm about to order a figure for the first time and it's exciting.

But what do I pick for shipping? I'm worried I'll pick the fastest and then it'll tack on another $30 to the price, and I'd rather add up to $20 if necessary. What do I go with?

Depends on the figure and how patient you are. I always go SAL unless it is forced on me. If it is a big figure they will force EMS on you. EMS will be to you quickly where SAL is quite a bit slower.

Depends on the size and weight of the figure.
Pick SAL Registered if you're doubtful. It's the best of both worlds in that you still get tracking and insurance, but it's relatively cheaper. The only downside over not picking it over the more expensive EMS is it's fairly slower.

Depends on the figure and how patient you are. I always go SAL unless it is forced on me. If it is a big figure they will force EMS on you. EMS will be to you quickly where SAL is quite a bit slower.

Depends on the size and weight of the figure.
Pick SAL Registered if you're doubtful. It's the best of both worlds in that you still get tracking and insurance, but it's relatively cheaper. The only downside over not picking it over the more expensive EMS is it's fairly slower.

Ah, I see. Well, I'm a patient guy and it's just nendoroids anyhow, so I guess I'll go with SAL. Thanks for the quick responses everyone!

(Should I post pictures when I get them too?)

Nictel

5 Sins? I only see one. ;-)
Lust.

On a side note; following packages on the other side of the globe is still fun in 2015. Even if my package seems to be stuck in Osaka.

ok I shipped all the packages from people who paid beside bloodember. Apparently amiami boxes are too big and usps wants to charge 38 bucks... lol

So imma try ups, because I might get a hookup. Will PM the people receipts w/ tracking

Jobbs

Banned
Did you dudes see this nonsense? Howly crap at the detail, lights, and moving parts. This is more quality for $150 than a lot of things are.

If you could ever want a really cool R2D2 figure with lights and moving parts, well, this is probably as good as it gets.

SSC11296.jpg

okay PM'd all 5 people involve, and sent out 4 receipts (1 didn't get shipped =/ )

I might have to add an extra few dollars to get shipping boxes in the future...Though luckily the prices I quoted for shipping were higher than they actually were, so if you guys want the diff, PM me please.

Most of it (esp if you are in CA) is 2day shipping, otherwise its standard 5-7 days.

Bombless

BloodOmen, a man who does not post often around these parts. But when he does...it's usually to post the bolded. I salute you, sir.
I'm surprised Satan is still clothed in that shot!

Giolon

All four sins that I intended to buy something like 3 years ago are finally mine together. Here is a very hastily thrown together outdoor shot of all of them:

Notes:

Satan is very imposing looking in person. Her stature has a commanding presence, different than Asmodeus but powerful.

Her elongated proportions really make her look like she towers over the other Sins, but she actually doesn't. The heights of all four are relatively equal, except Mammon is a little taller on top of her pile of gold.

Satan's cloak is translucent (like Lucifer's skirt) and looks awesomely fiery when it catches the light behind it in just the right way. I'm going to have to try to capture that when I do my photoshoot.

The line paintwork on Satan's armor is fantastic.

More Satan photos will be coming soon!

Other new figure notes:
Jubilee looks great in person, but she's another one of those figures that really must be viewed from at eye level or below.

Starfire looks very nice too, but as many have said before her base is quite unstable (really Koto, if you were going to get creative how hard was it to get it right?). She's constantly threatening to tip over forward.

I didn't realize that Starfire was permanently attached to the rock. I was hoping to try to balance her on other things.

Starfire doesn't have separately sculpted eyes like most other Bishoujos, and it makes a big difference in the way they appear. They look more "fake" since they're completely flat on her face.

All four sins that I intended to buy something like 3 years ago are finally mine together. Here is a very hastily thrown together outdoor shot of all of them:

Notes:

Satan is very imposing looking in person. Her stature has a commanding presence, different than Asmodeus but powerful.

Her elongated proportions really make her look like she towers over the other Sins, but she actually doesn't. The heights of all four are relatively equal, except Mammon is a little taller on top of her pile of gold.

Satan's cloak is translucent (like Lucifer's skirt) and looks awesomely fiery when it catches the light behind it in just the right way. I'm going to have to try to capture that when I do my photoshoot.

Other new figure notes:
Jubilee looks great in person, but she's another one of those figures that really must be viewed from at eye level or below.

Starfire looks very nice too, but as many have said before her base is quite unstable (really Koto, if you were going to get creative how hard was it to get it right?). She's constantly threatening to tip over forward.

I didn't realize that Starfire was permanently attached to the rock. I was hoping to try to balance her on other things.

Starfire doesn't have separately sculpted eyes like most other Bishoujos, and it makes a big difference in the way they appear. They look more "fake" since they're completely flat on her face.

Great picture and thanks for the analysis.

george_us

Notes:

More Satan photos will be coming soon!

Other new figure notes:

Great pic and I agree wholeheartedly with you. Satan's dominant stature and beautiful fiery red coloring are why she bumped Mammon aside as my favorite of the three sins I own. And I still love Mammon.

Definitely agree with you on Starfire. Her base being an unstable rock was lazy on Koto's part. Not sure how hard it would have been to mount the rock on a base. I guess Koto wanted to save a few bucks. Her gorgeous flowing red hair almost makes up for it.

Ryuuroden

Shit, just watched Akatsuki no Yona episode 22. This show is soo awesome man, We so need a Yona figure. Since I can't get a Yoko from 12 Kingdoms, I will totally take a Yona.

6ad43b0a8c55dcd08b96d3357af41259.jpg

she has a wicked glare

akatsuki-no-yona-episode-8-english-sub.gif

and can do adorable things.

tumblr_nktm5axhh61rtirlzo5_500.gif

AND DAT BOWWWWWWWWWWW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom