• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have I done (>_<)

Giolon, I can't wait to unbox them back and display the Sins together. Great photo and I can't wait to see your Satan pics.

Holy crap that tower, it is awesome.

Shit, just watched Akatsuki no Yona episode 22. This show is soo awesome man, We so need a Yona figure. Since I can't get a Yoko from 12 Kingdoms, I will totally take a Yona.

6ad43b0a8c55dcd08b96d3357af41259.jpg

she has a wicked glare

akatsuki-no-yona-episode-8-english-sub.gif

and can do adorable things.

My friend absolutely loves this anime, she keeps telling me to watch it.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Well, after a pretty calm January and February, a few figures arrived in the last 2 weeks.

More Sonicos and her plus size friend, some Satellizer, some Queens Blade and a metric ton of other boobs.

5 Sins down, one on the way, one to go. And already on my way to collect the alternate versions...

Hnnggghh

So when the Nagato Figma was delayed, AmiAmi decided they couldn't be bothered to seperate her from my Feb. order. So now my entire Feb. order is still waiting to ship when Nagato releases.

I think it's time to send an email...

They'll do it on their own eventually. Email them if you're too impatient, tho.

It's been about 30 days since she was officialy delayed, and they ain't done shit.

I sent them an email. They've done this once before and just sat on an order for 2 months waiting for a delayed figure to release.

It's been about 30 days since she was officialy delayed, and they ain't done shit.

I sent them an email. They've done this once before and just sat on an order for 2 months waiting for a delayed figure to release.

That's pretty impressive. I emailed them once because I wanted my stuff fast, but they've apparently become apathetic.

They ARE inside. This is at the end of the Great Nendoroid Boxing Night

You make your nendos fight? You're a monster!

Chance

My GF was about to buy the Funko Pop Will Graham (in straight jacket) from our local geek store when I discovered these. She promptly put Will back on the shelf and went halfers with me on the box set.

1.jpg

They now reside in our kitchen, on the shelf beneath the Hannibal Lecter Funko.

My GF was about to buy the Funko Pop Will Graham (in straight jacket) from our local geek store when I discovered these. She promptly put Will back on the shelf and went halfers with me on the box set.

1.jpg

They now reside in our kitchen, on the shelf beneath the Hannibal Lecter Funko.

They seem cool, congrats. Batgirl's grin looks funny.

RMI

Banned
All four sins that I intended to buy something like 3 years ago are finally mine together. Here is a very hastily thrown together outdoor shot of all of them:

Other new figure notes:
Jubilee looks great in person, but she's another one of those figures that really must be viewed from at eye level or below.

The sins look really great. Also, you're totally right about Jubilee. From my desk chair she is just at below eye level, and the way she is casting her gaze down makes it hard to see her face. She really needs to be up high in a display if you want to see her face.

george_us

I went to go visit the Navito World store in Toronto today, they're the official distributor of GSC stuff in Canada. Great place, but the prices vary sometimes.
Who's the woman in the One Piece case? And I was going to comment on that insane Trafalger Law price but then I realized the store is Canadian.

Who's the woman in the One Piece case? And I was going to comment on that insane Trafalger Law price but then I realized the store is Canadian.

Not only that but I heard that their prices are set based on the exchange rate on the day that they get a particular item in stock, so the price never really fluctuates after that. That is if what I was told was true, there were some figs that had a fair price tag.

george_us

Kalifa from the Water 7/Enies Lobby arcs.
Ah sweet thanks.

Not only that but I heard that their prices are set based on the exchange rate on the day that they get a particular item in stock, so the price never really fluctuates after that. That is if what I was told was true, there were some figs that had a fair price tag.
Do hobby shops typically adjust their prices like that? Normally a figure's price is set in stone and never fluctuates unless the shop are running a promotion.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I went to go visit the Navito World store in Toronto today, they're the official distributor of GSC stuff in Canada. Great place, but the prices vary sometimes.

Going by the last picture, the price doesn't seem that bad. Taking into consideration that you don't have to pay for shipping, and you get the item instantly.

With that and Toys2, it might be worth moving back to Toronto. :p

Haven't been to Toys2, but I checked out AnimeXtreme as well before heading to Navito. They don't allow pictures in there, but they had a great (albiet expensive) selection of figs that weren't limited to Good Smile Company stuff.

Acid08

Banned
Haven't been to Toys2, but I checked out AnimeXtreme as well before heading to Navito. They don't allow pictures in there, but they had a great (albiet expensive) selection of figs that weren't limited to Good Smile Company stuff.

When I visited Toronto I went there to check out there gunpla selection. Ended up finding this old 1/60 Shining Gundam which was awesome. Wasn't figure collecting at the time so I had no idea about what figures there were haha.

Jayhawk

I have gone to Navito, AnimeXtreme, and Toys 2 a few times. The prices you'd get from buying on Amiami and similar online stores are still usually cheaper, even when considering the shipping charges.

Katsuragi came in. This is my first Phat figure. I can definitly see myself being the whole SK collection from them. She is really nice. There are a few rough spots that weren't sanded properly but overall it's great.

The paint impressed me. There is shading in her boots and I didn't expect the gradient effect in her hair.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
All four sins that I intended to buy something like 3 years ago are finally mine together. Here is a very hastily thrown together outdoor shot of all of them:

Notes:

Satan is very imposing looking in person. Her stature has a commanding presence, different than Asmodeus but powerful.

Her elongated proportions really make her look like she towers over the other Sins, but she actually doesn't. The heights of all four are relatively equal, except Mammon is a little taller on top of her pile of gold.

Satan's cloak is translucent (like Lucifer's skirt) and looks awesomely fiery when it catches the light behind it in just the right way. I'm going to have to try to capture that when I do my photoshoot.

The line paintwork on Satan's armor is fantastic.

More Satan photos will be coming soon!

Other new figure notes:
Jubilee looks great in person, but she's another one of those figures that really must be viewed from at eye level or below.

Starfire looks very nice too, but as many have said before her base is quite unstable (really Koto, if you were going to get creative how hard was it to get it right?). She's constantly threatening to tip over forward.

I didn't realize that Starfire was permanently attached to the rock. I was hoping to try to balance her on other things.

Starfire doesn't have separately sculpted eyes like most other Bishoujos, and it makes a big difference in the way they appear. They look more "fake" since they're completely flat on her face.

Satan woulda been a purchase, if it wasn't for her expressionless face, she was my favorite one by far, everything looks fantastic on her, but she just looks so bored. Mammon was my second favorite, but because I passed on her to see the re-color her price has gone up a bit to high for my liking...

What have I done (>_<)

Giolon, I can't wait to unbox them back and display the Sins together. Great photo and I can't wait to see your Satan pics.

Big tower of awesome!

Woulda bought those KLA nendos an Monster Hunters ones too... Did you buy anything? Hard to imagine walking pout with nothing despite higher prices, just for the novelty of not having to import and wait for it to ship...

Moved the figures I'm still selling to MFC.

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Kewlmyc/shop/

Contact me if still interested, since I added some figures. They going pretty quickly. Been up for two hours just preparing for shipping and answering their PMs.

You gave mfc a shot of stuff you didn't give us? *pouts* I'd have bought that Nagito (even though I said
fuck him after playing the game
)

Katsuragi came in. This is my first Phat figure. I can definitly see myself being the whole SK collection from them. She is really nice. There are a few rough spots that weren't sanded properly but overall it's great.

The paint impressed me. There is shading in her boots and I didn't expect the gradient effect in her hair.

Looks good, alwasy been tempted to pick some up, but some = all to me in the end, and I don't have room for a set of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom