• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

Katsuragi came in. This is my first Phat figure. I can definitly see myself being the whole SK collection from them. She is really nice. There are a few rough spots that weren't sanded properly but overall it's great.

The paint impressed me. There is shading in her boots and I didn't expect the gradient effect in her hair.

Damn, I wanted to get her but I wasn't sure I would like her.

Now I want her.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
5784bbab.jpg

dd3b2e4d.jpg

Pretty nice Bertille (Walkure Romanze) figure. Of course it's a bit silly she's wearing part of her armor while in bikini. I do prefer her regular outfit, which is still silly of course because she has no protection under the waist unlike the other girls. Unfortunately the only other figure of her is a Volks garage kit :

kewlmyc

You gave mfc a shot of stuff you didn't give us? *pouts* I'd have bought that Nagito (even though I said
fuck him after playing the game
)

Sorry, I wasn't going to sell him originally when I put the stuff I was selling on here, but ended up changing my mind by the time I posted stuff to MFC. They guy interested in him can't pay to Wednesday, so if he doesn't pay or cancels on me, I'll keep you in mind. I'm only charging $30.

gokieks

Did you dudes see this nonsense? Howly crap at the detail, lights, and moving parts. This is more quality for $150 than a lot of things are.

If you could ever want a really cool R2D2 figure with lights and moving parts, well, this is probably as good as it gets.

I have the Sideshow R2-D2. It's pretty neat, but honestly feels kind of flimsy due to having all the compartments and various pop-out parts. The lighting also doesn't look nearly as cool as the promotion shots, which is to be expected. I don't exactly regret paying for it, but I wouldn't consider it an amazing figure either.

I went to go visit the Navito World store in Toronto today, they're the official distributor of GSC stuff in Canada. Great place, but the prices vary sometimes.

Damn, I wish I knew about this place when I went to Toronto for the FF concert last year. Might have to take another trip, especially considering the weak CAD vs USD...

Pretty nice Bertille (Walkure Romanze) figure. Of course it's a bit silly she's wearing part of her armor while in bikini. I do prefer her regular outfit, which is still silly of course because she has no protection under the waist unlike the other girls. Unfortunately the only other figure of her is a Volks garage kit :

I don't know the source but she is gorgeous.

Finally unboxed Yu this morning. He's from the same prize figure line that the Yosuke I posted is from. Yu is much nicer than the Yosuke.

The base is hot garbage just like Yosuke's though. I might eventually make a custom base.

SerTapTap

Katsuragi came in. This is my first Phat figure. I can definitly see myself being the whole SK collection from them. She is really nice. There are a few rough spots that weren't sanded properly but overall it's great.

The paint impressed me. There is shading in her boots and I didn't expect the gradient effect in her hair.

I got that one coming soon too! Looks really nice.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Whoa, don't know why I like this one more then the last one they did, not a fan of the look half armor/half bikini, but I still feel I need her in my collection...

Sorry, I wasn't going to sell him originally when I put the stuff I was selling on here, but ended up changing my mind by the time I posted stuff to MFC. They guy interested in him can't pay to Wednesday, so if he doesn't pay or cancels on me, I'll keep you in mind. I'm only charging $30.

If he pulls out, I definitely want, with a bit of time to get over how frustrating Nagito could be during the trials, he was a mighty fine character.

Finally unboxed Yu this morning. He's from the same prize figure line that the Yosuke I posted is from. Yu is much nicer than the Yosuke.

The base is hot garbage just like Yosuke's though. I might eventually make a custom base.

Still trying to pick out what Yu to get, that one looks like a contender.

arue

To those who collect nendoroids, what do you guys recommend for a good, but economic nendoroid riser? I saw some acrylic risers in The Container Store, but they were so expensive ($5 each). I don't mind plastic materials, but acrylic would probably be the best. I don't have Daiso nearby, so I can't really get the ones that Mamitan has.

Another question. My SAL package from Mandarake has been stuck on "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" for a month now (shipped Feb 13). Should I worry about this and wait for another month or should I email Mandarake about this?

To those who collect nendoroids, what do you guys recommend for a good, but economic nendoroid riser? I saw some acrylic risers in The Container Store, but they were so expensive ($5 each). I don't mind plastic materials, but acrylic would probably be the best. I don't have Daiso nearby, so I can't really get the ones that Mamitan has.

That's a good question. I was thinking of looking for some so I can have nendos behind each other without being blocked. What are stuff Mamitan uses?

souhait

Neo Member
Have y'all seen these nendo stand decals? Saw them in a YT vid with them and they look really nice.

These are a neat idea, I like the Aoba and Devil Homura ones.

Marathoned The Tatami Galaxy this weekend (I really recommend it, it's a lot of fun if anyone's looking for a quirky, introspective slice of life they can get through quickly). I went on MFC to see if it ever got any merch and -

She goes for at least 10k now, if not more... I liked her character a lot but that's just too much for a small bust (ohoho!).

These are a neat idea, I like the Aoba and Devil Homura ones.

Marathoned The Tatami Galaxy this weekend (I really recommend it, it's a lot of fun if anyone's looking for a quirky, introspective slice of life they can get through quickly). I went on MFC to see if it ever got any merch and -

She goes for at least 10k now, if not more... I liked her character a lot but that's just too much for a small bust (ohoho!).

I really like that piece.... *Looks up on Mandarake*

18k NopeNopeNopeNopeNope

I've got Akashi on my desk to the left of my monitor. Really nice little piece. Shame about the current price.

I like the shells coming out of her hand with the smoke. I also wish more persona figures would have worked the persona into the base. I really appreciate figures that put time into their bases.

Also good lord at those lego purchases.

Jobbs

Banned
Anyone get any of these League figures? They seem kind of expensive to me but I do like a few of em, like Katarina:

why'd you show me this. :( I was getting along fine not knowing about these.

Been an off and on league junkie since 2010. have managed to stay away for the past 6 months. but damn if I don't want that nautilus. and vi.
and all of them

chrono01

All four sins that I intended to buy something like 3 years ago are finally mine together. Here is a very hastily thrown together outdoor shot of all of them:

Notes:

Satan is very imposing looking in person. Her stature has a commanding presence, different than Asmodeus but powerful.

Her elongated proportions really make her look like she towers over the other Sins, but she actually doesn't. The heights of all four are relatively equal, except Mammon is a little taller on top of her pile of gold.

Satan's cloak is translucent (like Lucifer's skirt) and looks awesomely fiery when it catches the light behind it in just the right way. I'm going to have to try to capture that when I do my photoshoot.

The line paintwork on Satan's armor is fantastic.

More Satan photos will be coming soon!
Very nice, thanks for the picture/write-up. And I agree. Satan really is amazing. Actually, as a whole, I really love the Seven Deadly Sins line. A few of them were exclusives [actually, most of them were], which made obtaining them more expensive than I would have liked, but in the end it was all worth it. It's not just the aesthetic appeal of them [although that's definitely a positive], it's also the idea behind them. I just love the premise of the seven sins being represented as cute demon girls.

I thought I could stop after the initial seven, but considering I'm still purchasing all variants of them original seven [as well as the "new" sins, such as Astaroth]...yeah, I'm not sure that's going to happen. >_<

I went to go visit the Navito World store in Toronto today, they're the official distributor of GSC stuff in Canada. Great place, but the prices vary sometimes.
I'm not even joking. My collection is starting to look like this...

Yeah, Katsuragi is great. So is Ikaruga/Hibari. I wish Phat Company had continued doing the Senran Kagura line. We desperately need decent figures of the other girls [Homura/Mirai/Hikage/Yomi/etc.].

At least we have that Asuka from Alter which, again, is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom