• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Katsuragi is great. So is Ikaruga/Hibari. I wish Phat Company had continued doing the Senran Kagura line. We desperately need decent figures of the other girls [Homura/Mirai/Hikage/Yomi/etc.].

At least we have that Asuka from Alter which, again, is incredible.

I just wanted Hanzo from them. The Alter Asuka is 1/7 and these are 1/8, plus I wanted them in full gear. I'll have to get the smaller Asuka and Yagyu and display them so the size difference isn't noticeable.

Nictel

Stuck this up in the Funko thread, but figure I'd bring it over here also

Screen-Shot-2015-02-14-at-8.53.34-AM.png

Anybody getting these?

More info here...

http://marveltoynews.com/toy-fair-vinyl-sugar-super-deluxe-deadpool-groot-rocket-raccoon/
Little Groot, maybe.

Thanks, Kewl! Just got Aigis. Wow, she's awesome. Very large, badass, and cute.
Awesome! Looks great!

I've never seen that one before. What line is she from?

This.

why'd you show me this. :( I was getting along fine not knowing about these.

Been an off and on league junkie since 2010. have managed to stay away for the past 6 months. but damn if I don't want that nautilus. and vi.
and all of them

I want to get Kat, Leona, and maaaaaaybe Thresh. But they're soooo expensive for their perceived build quality...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
The Megahouse one is good as well.

I like them all for different reasons, the Sunny Side up and the Megahouse one, the Bandai and Taito. I like that because of the simple designs I could pick up any one of them and it should still look good enough with what ever other characters I end up liking enough to pick up.

I just don't know how deep into Persona I want to get, nendo Teddie is on his way, Sega PM Marie is pre-ordered and I got that P3 figure coming from you. I need to get the Nendo Jack Frost, and I've wanted to get Lisa Silverman from P2 for the longest time but always put it off for not making the rest of the P2 characters.

We both know 2 reasons why you feel you need her in your collection.
LOL True, there is a third that I was gonna point out but jrod beat me too it.

I tend to not care if a figures cast off or not, and 99% of the time only purchase if I'm happy with how it looks with clothes on, but with this one I was torn, so I showed my wife the figure.

She said "what's so special about this one" and I told her "it's the the little rolls of skin on her back from bending", and she said I was weird...

My wife was also like "if you buy her, your gonna cast her off right? That bikini looks stupid" Then I told her about the Celia and how I passed on her because the bikini looked stupid, but that she just gave me the idea to cast 'em off so now I'll have to pick them both up.

Life and Hometown. The thing that impresses me about that figure is the little roll of skin on her side from her leaning.

You noticed the best bit, I got plenty of life and hometown figures, but I don't have a figure that bends just right like that.

I spent half a Guts worth on LEGO today.

BbqF2Dl.jpg

Man those days are long behind me but I envy you getting to build those up, nothings more fun to put together then the higher end lego sets.

Thanks, Kewl! Just got Aigis. Wow, she's awesome. Very large, badass, and cute.

Now that's a badass looking figure.

Chance

My GF and I moved in to a house together last week. After she suggested it multiple times, I cracked and bought a second Detolf yesterday. Today, I finally set up both cabinets and all our toys. I'll probably fiddle with the arrangement a bit, but for now...

006.png

Yes, I know those cords are unsightly. One day I'll come up with a solution - but in the mean time, I'm happy to be able to turn on the Dioders with my big toe and the switch on the power bar.

• Mario, Luigi, Toad & Yoshi plushes came as a housewarming present from a co-worker of hers!
  • The 1up box pillow and the companion cube have been around forever, and
  • Boo was a present for her like, two years ago.

The lower four shelves hold the lower-tier figures, which I hope to move out as better ones move in. As it stands, that consists of...

• a Ratchet & Clank action figure I grabbed at a comic convention,
  • the Ezio statue that came with Assassin's Creed II's Special Edition,
  • the Play Arts Kai Solid Snake (for the record: I really hate Play Arts Kai - they will fall apart at the drop of a hat),
  • a tiny figure of Princess Kenny,
  • the Max statue from the Special Edition of Max Payne 3 (which I'm actually quite fond of),
  • a little Kratos action figure,
  • a (rather burly) Bouncer,
  • a cute little Mario,
  • Finn, BMO, Jake and Bender.

On the higher shelves, we've got...

003.png

• Odin Sphere - Gwendolyn - SIF/EX 1/6 scale (by Yamato)
  • Dragon's Crown - Amazon - Excellent Model 1/7 scale (by MegaHouse - a birthday present from the GF!)
  • Metal Gear Solid - Solid Snake - Nendoroid #447 (by Good Smile)
  • Kill la Kill - Ryuko Matoi - Nendoroid #407 (by Good Smile)

002.png

• Family Guy - Lois Griffin Netflix reflection (by Detolf glass)
  • Dragon's Crown - Tiki - Dwell 1/1 scale (by Vertex)
  • Dragon's Crown - Elf - Excellent Model 1/7 scale (by MegaHouse)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Link - Nendoroid #413 (by Good Smile - a Christmas gift from the GF)

004.png

• Muramasa: The Demon Blade - Momohime - 1/8 scale (by Alter)
  • Dragon's Crown - Sorceress - Excellent Model 1/y scale (by MegaHouse)
  • Kill la Kill - Mako Mankanshoku - Nendoroid #408 (by Good Smile)
  • Rozen Maiden - Suigintou - Nendoroid #440 (by Good Smile - an impulse buy of the GF's)

005.png

• Dark Souls II - Dark Souls II Guy, from the Special Edition. He's kind of awesome.
  • Batman: The Animated Series - Harley Quinn - Black & White designed by Bruce Timm (by DC Collectibles - an anniversary present from the GF)
  • Gurren Lagann - Yoko Littner - Nendoroid #053 (by Good Smile - GF's Christmas present from me.)

And since I'm sharing my geeky life, this is the art we have on our living room wall. I'll link to the artists' Deviantart accounts in case you want a clearer view of an image.

001.png

and
  • a painting of a crow my mother did, that I'm rather fond of.

Moving is a crapload of work, but it's comin' together!

Astarte

These are a neat idea, I like the Aoba and Devil Homura ones.

Marathoned The Tatami Galaxy this weekend (I really recommend it, it's a lot of fun if anyone's looking for a quirky, introspective slice of life they can get through quickly). I went on MFC to see if it ever got any merch and -

She goes for at least 10k now, if not more... I liked her character a lot but that's just too much for a small bust (ohoho!).

Yeah I really wanted the bust but I just settled for BDs instead ._.
Also the above layout is awesome! You have a lot of the figures I have on my to-do list :[

omlet

The upgrades continue. Today I went back to the store to get the last piece of molding I need for the 4th DETOLF's lights.

While I was there I also got 4 feet of quarter inch PVC tubing for $0.64. Any of you other DETOLF owners out there get a little annoyed by the glass-on-glass rattling when ever you're rummaging around in there? You probably see where I'm going with this.

Took the lights off the last shelf. Waiting for paint to dry before I re-mount the lights.
IM1jVgx.jpg

No more rattling shelves!
4kiDawZ.jpg

I had some spare tubing so I cut a small piece to help prop Hayate up. This figure is kind of back-heavy and it stresses the seams where her legs meet her boots. This is like the perfect thing to help here since it's clear and pliable but strong enough to keep her gravity from pulling too hard on her feet. From the front it's behind the stand that her foot attaches to, so even if it wasn't clear it's hidden.
b1mGUmA.jpg

Right now I'm in the "waiting for paint to dry" phase, as mentioned, so I should have all it all put back together tomorrow night!

kewlmyc

The upgrades continue. Today I went back to the store to get the last piece of molding I need for the 4th DETOLF's lights.

While I was there I also got 4 feet of quarter inch PVC tubing for $0.64. Any of you other DETOLF owners out there get a little annoyed by the glass-on-glass rattling when ever you're rummaging around in there? You probably see where I'm going with this.

Right now I'm in the "waiting for paint to dry" phase, as mentioned, so I should have all it all put back together tomorrow night!

Omlet, quick question. When you raised you detolfs onto you custom made shelf, did you take apart the detolf first and rebuilt it on top of the shelf, or did you just get someone to help you pick it up and place it on the shelf?

omlet

Omlet, quick question. When you raised you detolfs onto you custom made shelf, did you take apart the detolf first and rebuilt it on top of the shelf, or did you just get someone to help you pick it up and place it on the shelf?

I took the shelves out and the doors off and then they were light enough for me to lift by myself since I wasn't going far. Even with 2 people I'd definitely take the shelves out.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So I finally did it, all the tools preparing to learn how to fail a garage kit!

Dremel 7700-1/15 MultiPro 7.2-Volt Cordless Rotary Tool Kit
$37.97
Tamiya Putty (Basic Type) 32g
$6.29
Loctite 1087306 2-Ounce Pack Fun-Tak Mounting Putty
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$4.59
Dremel 4486 MultiPro Keyless Chuck
$9.78
National Hardware V2566 18 Ga. x 50' Wire in Aluminum
$6.64
Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly, 13 Ounce
error
$3.24
Milliput Superfine 2-Part Self Hardening Putty, White
$13.26
Plastic Transfer Pipettes 3ml, Gradulated, Pack of 100
$4.99
Quik-cure 5min epoxy 4.5oz Bob Smith Ind.
$8.99
Mini Micro Drill Bit Set 30 pcs 0.013"-0.079" (0.4-2mm)
$10.93
Medicine Cups Disposable 1oz. Graduated - 1 PK/100
$3.80

+Tamiya Light putty from Ebay for 12 bucks.

Total - $134.40

I haven't even buy the paints or any garage kit yet, all those tool are only for fixing the resins. Well already hit buy so no regret! If I fail I will just start building gundam resin kits.

chrono01

My GF and I moved in to a house together last week. After she suggested it multiple times, I cracked and bought a second Detolf yesterday. Today, I finally set up both cabinets and all our toys. I'll probably fiddle with the arrangement a bit, but for now...

006.png

Yes, I know those cords are unsightly. One day I'll come up with a solution - but in the mean time, I'm happy to be able to turn on the Dioders with my big toe and the switch on the power bar.

• Mario, Luigi, Toad & Yoshi plushes came as a housewarming present from a co-worker of hers!

The lower four shelves hold the lower-tier figures, which I hope to move out as better ones move in. As it stands, that consists of...

• the Play Arts Kai Solid Snake (for the record: I really hate Play Arts Kai - they will fall apart at the drop of a hat),
  • the Max statue from the Special Edition of Max Payne 3 (which I'm actually quite fond of),
  • a cute little Mario,

003.png

• Dragon's Crown - Amazon - Excellent Model 1/7 scale (by MegaHouse - a birthday present from the GF!)

002.png

• The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Link - Nendoroid #413 (by Good Smile - a Christmas gift from the GF)

004.png

• Rozen Maiden - Suigintou - Nendoroid #440 (by Good Smile - an impulse buy of the GF's)

005.png

• Dark Souls II - Dark Souls II Guy, from the Special Edition. He's kind of awesome.
  • Batman: The Animated Series - Harley Quinn - Black & White designed by Bruce Timm (by DC Collectibles - an anniversary present from the GF)
  • Gurren Lagann - Yoko Littner - Nendoroid #053 (by Good Smile - GF's Christmas present from me.)

And since I'm sharing my geeky life, this is the art we have on our living room wall. I'll link to the artists' Deviantart accounts in case you want a clearer view of an image.

001.png

and

Incredible work!

Thanks for the sharing.

Man everyone has such an awesome set up...if only I had more room and I can set something similar up but my family basically made half of my room as a storage space -____- not helped by the fact that I don't sleep at that room as often as I should...

Man everyone has such an awesome set up...if only I had more room and I can set something similar up but my family basically made half of my room as a storage space -____- not helped by the fact that I don't sleep at that room as often as I should...
meh, I just have some basic fake wood shelves and old desks and dressers

Detolfs are too tall for the cape cod style room I keep all my figures in

omlet

My solution was drill in from the bottom instead of using the hole at the top! (details)

Rozen Maiden - Suigintou - Nendoroid #440 (by Good Smile - an impulse buy of the GF's)
GF confirmed for best taste.

I been using this table that used to have a desktop on it, the space in front of the TV and whatever else I can find.

Hopefully once all this moving is done, I will have enough room to get a Detolf~

Acid08

Banned
Well, AmiAmi seperated Nagato out of my order. Moments later I recieved the payment request.

With a total of 68,050 JPY, Feb. was officially my last death month. I'm on a waifu diet now.

No more than 30k per month.

Probably.

kewlmyc

Note to all of my fellow figureGAF, if something doesn't seem like it'll fit, don't try to force it (
"That's what she said"
). Or at least take the figure off of their stand first. If you don't, there's a very good chance that the peg will break off into the figure, which is bad. If you're like me, then you'll immediately go onto Amiami and buy another one. Thank god there was a used Kyoko Sakura on amiami.

As for the broken one, I'll do what I did with my Estelle that came broken in box. Super glue her to the stand and give it to my parent for shits and giggles (she actually likes them and displays them with pride for some reason).

Note to all of my fellow figureGAF, if something doesn't seem like it'll fit, don't try to force it (
"That's what she said"
). Or at least take the figure off of their stand first. If you don't, there's a very good chance that the peg will break off into the figure, which is bad. If you're like me, then you'll immediately go onto Amiami and buy another one. Thank god there was a used Kyoko Sakura on amiami.

Ah. I had a similar issue with the Alter x Vice Motoko Kusanagi figure (yes, THAT one $$$$$$$). One of the pegs was too big for the hole in her foot. I soaked her foot in hot water for a few minutes and that worked. MAGIC.

LiK

006.png

• a cute little Mario,

003.png

002.png

004.png

005.png

001.png

and

great display and thanks for listing eveyrthing there. i have most of those figures but sadly most of them are still boxed. not sure where i put my Snake P-A either. gonna sell him cuz he commands crazy money for the shit quality lol

kierwynn

I feel the same way when I see everyone's set ups. All of my figures are (well will be- they're all boxed up right now while I do some cleaning/rearranging lol I plan to unbox them all again this week) on my bookshelves cause that's all I have room for right now. I'm hoping to be able to get some detolfs later this year when my fiance and I move into a new place, but making a trip out to IKEA is gonna be a huge pain (closest one is 2 hours away and there is no way they'll fit into my fiance's car so we'll have to find a time we can borrow my mom's or something bleh).

kewlmyc

I took the shelves out and the doors off and then they were light enough for me to lift by myself since I wasn't going far. Even with 2 people I'd definitely take the shelves out.

So all you did was just take the 3 shelves off and the one door and that worked? Not the glass sides? I'll keep that in mind.

omlet

So all you did was just take the 3 shelves off and the one door and that worked? Not the glass sides? I'll keep that in mind.
Yeah, I basically tipped them over slightly and stood "inside" them, then pushed upwards over my head against the inside of the top to lift them to where the bottom was about as high as my knees which was enough to get them up on the raiser.

Edti: I'm almost 6' tall so I could do it this way. If it sounds like it won't work for you (health concerns, not tall enough, etc.) then you'll probably want 2 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom