• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this feeling. I went through a period of expensive back to back months but since have slowed down quite a lot to where some months I don't get any figs at all. It's nice for both my wallet and my closet space haha. All those boxes really start adding up.

That is what I hope to get back to. Also the reason I wouldn't be afraid of Ami shutting me down for good. Just to much nifty stuff on there that I preorder. I know, self control and all that.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I have a decent amount on order so I could see them just banning me or giving me a ultimatum of cancelling everything and that is the last time they will cancel something. Either was is fine for me right now lol.

Thanks though, everyhthing will sort itself out and I will keep buying little things here and there. The way I should have been from the start lol. Ami is a dangerous site for someone like me.

Good to know it is nothing too serious.

You ordered so many stuffs from them, I doubt they want to lose you for some temporary problem.

I realize asking them to cancel my remaining orders will more than likely result in a ban sadly. I would love to avoid that but seeing as I just asked them to cancel some stuff for this month I doubt they will be to happy with me. I am in no way leaving the hobby just taking a break.

You never know about the ban. I skipped out on two February orders totaling about $500 (including two pre-owned figures), and they just sent me their generic warning email. :O

Good to know it is nothing too serious.

You ordered so many stuffs from them, I doubt they want to lose you for some temporary problem.

No just the usual "when it rains it pours" kinda thing, bills are coming from nowhere that I have to pay. It's gonna wipe me out for a bit and recovering from that is gonna take a while lol. So first thing to go is figures.

You never know about the ban. I skipped out on two February orders totaling about $500 (including two pre-owned figures), and they just sent me their generic warning email. :O

What did the warning say?

It was some big long-winded paragraph about why it's important to pay for orders and why they don't allow cancellations blah blah inconvenience other customers blah blah blah we reserve the right to close accounts etc. etc.

Ah...hmmm

Maybe I will let April slide and see what happens. Although the biggest things in April are Racing Miku and Himeji and I see those both getting delayed.

Ah...hmmm

Maybe I will let April slide and see what happens. Although the biggest things in April are Racing Miku and Himeji and I see those both getting delayed.

I'm still here. They just recombined some stuff for me last night by request. I got more lives than DBZ Freeza.

Edit: Here it is, I found the email. Not exactly light reading.

Thank you for placing an order with AmiAmi.

We are e-mailing you because it has come to our attention that this account has currently had an excessive number of unpaid order cancellations, and as such we would like to remind you of our policy.

As you may be aware, at AmiAmi we have a very clearly stated policy of not accepting order cancellations. However, we do understand that many factors affect our customers’ purchases, and as such we attempt to be as flexible as possible when we receive cancellation requests and even when orders are left unpaid and cancelled as such. When customers order products only to cancel them at a later date it leads to our store receiving more stock than we had anticipated, which greatly increases the possibility of stock remaining unsold at our warehouse. We endeavor to keep our prices as low as possible for our customers, and in order to do that we must keep our overhead costs as low as possible as well. When orders are left unpaid they also prevent other customers from ordering those items during the payment period, which can cause frustration for other customers. Please remember that customers with a large number of unpaid order cancellations (or other cancellation requests) may have their orders cancelled and accounts permanently closed at our store's discretion.

We ask for your understanding and cooperation with regards to these policies.

Best regards,

AmiAmi

I am giving serious thought into this months order being my last from Ami for a while. Some unexpected bills piled on me and my taxes look worse than I expected. I realize asking them to cancel my remaining orders will more than likely result in a ban sadly. I would love to avoid that but seeing as I just asked them to cancel some stuff for this month I doubt they will be to happy with me. I am in no way leaving the hobby just taking a break. If the ban does fall there are only two thing I am majorly concerned about reordering, the last two Kongou sisters (Haruna and Kirishima) Nendos due out in May. I can always try to snag them through Crunchyroll or someone else later though.

I thought about keeping this to myself but I figured I would share...I know others have gone through similar situations in the past. That and I didn't want to muddle the thread with my personal dealings with Ami in this kind of situation. I won't lie, I have considered just not paying my April bill and see if they let me slide enough to pay for my May order but I doubt it. Plus I feel kinda wrong for doing so.

Not really looking for much from this just venting something that has been on my mind since my Mailman dropped off doom in my mailbox on Saturday lol.

Let's get out together in a blaze of glory.

RZRWGo7.gif

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I am giving serious thought into this months order being my last from Ami for a while. Some unexpected bills piled on me and my taxes look worse than I expected. I realize asking them to cancel my remaining orders will more than likely result in a ban sadly. I would love to avoid that but seeing as I just asked them to cancel some stuff for this month I doubt they will be to happy with me. I am in no way leaving the hobby just taking a break. If the ban does fall there are only two thing I am majorly concerned about reordering, the last two Kongou sisters (Haruna and Kirishima) Nendos due out in May. I can always try to snag them through Crunchyroll or someone else later though.

I thought about keeping this to myself but I figured I would share...I know others have gone through similar situations in the past. That and I didn't want to muddle the thread with my personal dealings with Ami in this kind of situation. I won't lie, I have considered just not paying my April bill and see if they let me slide enough to pay for my May order but I doubt it. Plus I feel kinda wrong for doing so.

Not really looking for much from this just venting something that has been on my mind since my Mailman dropped off doom in my mailbox on Saturday lol.

As someone who walked from NY(albeit for different reasons) do what you gotta do, even amiami isn't the only fish in the sea.

Thanks, ya sadly that good news I posted about a while back didn't pan out. As usual a new employer loves my portfolio but doesn't want me because I don't have a degree....ugh.

I need to save for a bit after these bills and maybe get a few things here and there later in the year.

This goes against my philosophy on art but maybe you should look into getting that degree if it's stopping you from working where you would like to. I've got no qualms being a broke ass bum of an artist who only paints what I want to, when I to, selling either 1 painting or 15 in the same time frame, but if your looking for commercial work in today's market not having a degree will kill your chances of well paid jobs no matter how talented you are (and you are talented enough that it sucks to hear you can't find work).

Another week, still no sign of GSC Mikasa release date.
I've downgraded from DX to reg, but I still want the damn figure one day.

I'm still here. They just recombined some stuff for me last night by request. I got more lives than DBZ Freeza.

Edit: Here it is, I found the email. Not exactly light reading.

Hmm ya maybe I will just let it go and see what they do.

Let's get out together in a blaze of glory.

No kidding hehe let's do it.

Show them the "Snkpls PLS" avatar and they won't be able to resist.

Lol I must do this....somehow

As someone who walked from NY(albeit for different reasons) do what you gotta do, even amiami isn't the only fish in the sea.

This goes against my philosophy on art but maybe you should look into getting that degree if it's stopping you from working where you would like to. I've got no qualms being a broke ass bum of an artist who only paints what I want to, when I to, selling either 1 painting or 15 in the same time frame, but if your looking for commercial work in today's market not having a degree will kill your chances of well paid jobs no matter how talented you are (and you are talented enough that it sucks to hear you can't find work).

Ya might be a good idea but I would have to find a place that can give me that kind of degree but still let's me work a full time job hah...might be better to just stack on more clients and do my own thing but I hate not having the security of having a 40 hour a week job to fall back on.

Sorry to hear Snk. Hopefully things pick up soon!

Thanks buddy :)

chrono01

I know it's been said by a few in this thread already, but it hasn't from me so I'll go ahead and say it.

Sorry to hear about your situation, and I hope things get better for you soon. Cancelling a figure, especially one(s) that you were looking forward to, is never an easy decision. However, real-life takes a priority, so if you feel that it needs to be done it's probably for the best.

Here's hoping AmiAmi is feeling in a generous mood. From my experience, if you've given them good business in the past [which, I'm guessing you have] then they'll probably be pretty accommodating. Let us know how things work out for you!

Ryuuroden

Hmm ya maybe I will just let it go and see what they do.

No kidding hehe let's do it.

Lol I must do this....somehow

Ya might be a good idea but I would have to find a place that can give me that kind of degree but still let's me work a full time job hah...might be better to just stack on more clients and do my own thing but I hate not having the security of having a 40 hour a week job to fall back on.

Thanks buddy :)

Yeah good luck. I had a similar situation last year when my old boss announced he was retiring and only gave like 3 months warning. In those 3 months I had to scrounge up enough money to basically cover living expenses for January and February while I started up my own company and waited for the money from our first contracted jobs to start coming in. I kept only my racing miku set for next month release and cancelled everything else (from amiami). This was back in October and as you can see from my recent figure and Lego acquisitions, things got better financially much earlier than expected. I hope you have your own swift recovery.

hey ryuu, I have some random lego stuff sitting around, would you be interested? episode 1 pod racers and some cheapo sets my mom buys me for christmas each year as a throwback to childhood.

You can have em just for pieces if you are interested.

Bombless

I hope our mutual dealer looks upon your plight kindly SNK. I don't see why they wouldn't but still.

While I was finishing with the figures packing I realised I had run out of big boxes. The obvious solution to this was to empty the shipping boxes at the apartment and bring them back, so this happened.
I estimate about 75% of my collection is here. The rest will either stay in their cardboard boxes or be piled in my bedrooom, this place is packed enough haha. I decided against a single large nendo tower, too many concerns for stability, sorry guys!

Good luck snk. Hope Amiami accommodates your needs.

Yeah good luck. I had a similar situation last year when my old boss announced he was retiring and only gave like 3 months warning. In those 3 months I had to scrounge up enough money to basically cover living expenses for January and February while I started up my own company and waited for the money from our first contracted jobs to start coming in. I kept only my racing miku set for next month release and cancelled everything else (from amiami). This was back in October and as you can see from my recent figure and Lego acquisitions, things got better financially much earlier than expected. I hope you have your own swift recovery.

Awesome! Ya I should recover quickly, just need to watch how I spend once I recover lol. At least for a while.

Figures are real life. :p

Hope everything works out for you, Master Enabler-kyuu.

Thanks, I shall enable and live figure life through you guys for a while :]
WHen spending does happen again it will be 95% Nendo from now on. I really love getting Nendos more than scales. At least that's how I feel when I get my orders.

We love you Snk~

image.php

I hope our mutual dealer looks upon your plight kindly SNK. I don't see why they wouldn't but still.

I think they might but either way...no big deal. There are other places to buy :)
Also nice collection :eek:

Awesome! Ya I should recover quickly, just need to watch how I spend once I recover lol. At least for a while.

For several years in a row I had unforseeable expenses show up just as I was getting my tax return. It was so aggravating getting a nice amount of money only for it to be gobbled up immediately. Hope everything works out for you Snk.

kewlmyc

While I was finishing with the figures packing I realised I had run out of big boxes. The obvious solution to this was to empty the shipping boxes at the apartment and bring them back, so this happened.

I estimate about 75% of my collection is here. The rest will either stay in their cardboard boxes or be piled in my bedrooom, this place is packed enough haha. I decided against a single large nendo tower, too many concerns for stability, sorry guys!

When I move soon hopefully, I'm gonna try convincing my grandfather to use his SUV as a figure moving truck. I should be able to get them all to fit in there. Hopefully. Buying big boxes to put all my figures in sounds super expensive.

For several years in a row I had unforseeable expenses show up just as I was getting my tax return. It was so aggravating getting a nice amount of money only for it to be gobbled up immediately. Hope everything works out for you Snk.

Ohh just noticed, is that a Barakamon avy? Naru is the best

Acid08

Banned

Oh no dude :( I hope everything works out! Seems like people in this thread have pretty good luck with cancelling stuff from them, I hope you're one of them and that things for you turn around soon!

Oh no dude :( I hope everything works out! Seems like people in this thread have pretty good luck with cancelling stuff from them, I hope you're one of them and that things for you turn around soon!

I've had good luck canceling stuff in the past, even this month so we shall see. If I do send off the email asking about this I will bring up the money I have spent with them in the past lol...cause it's a decent amount.

LiK

I think if I had some major financial issues and it causes a ban, I wouldn't even care. one less place to be tempted by. fuck their policy. you got plenty of other import stores to buy from. AmiAmi is great but the inability to just cancel whenever like with HLJ just makes it a pain.

good luck SNK, hope they understand. customers who purchased a lot should be given a fair shake.

Giolon

Sorry to hear! We're all here to commiserate about our hobby so don't feel bad sharing. I hope AmiAmi can accommodate your needs w/o blacklisting you.

Though I look at some people's pre-order lists and just go 0_0 at how anyone can afford to order so much stuff every month!

I think if I had some major financial issues and it causes a ban, I wouldn't even care. one less place to be tempted by. fuck their policy. you got plenty of other import stores to buy from. AmiAmi is great but the inability to just cancel whenever like with HLJ just makes it a pain.

good luck SNK, hope they understand. customers who purchased a lot should be given a fair shake.

Ya it has been something that has bothered me from the get go so if it happens oh well...it will just cause me to spend a LOT less than I do now and that isn't a bad thing haha

Sorry to hear! We're all here to commiserate about our hobby so don't feel bad sharing. I hope AmiAmi can accommodate your needs w/o blacklisting you.

Though I look at some people's pre-order lists and just go 0_0 at how anyone can afford to order so much stuff every month!

Sorry to derail so much guys...

In other news I listed Asuka on MFC for sale page...see how this first sale goes if I get a bite.

LiK

Ya it has been something that has bothered me from the get go so if it happens oh well...it will just cause me to spend a LOT less than I do now and that isn't a bad thing haha

they should rework the policy where loyal customers are given more leeway. I mean, if we purchased from them for years for a huge amount of money, there should be a way for their systems to let customers like us cancel without worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom