• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
Somebody hit Batman with the ugly stick.

FIG-KAI-9115_01.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-9115&page=top

the fuck it looks like he went through the dryer too hot.

You guys are all saying prices like 7.8k yen are "cheap."

If search engines are converting this right, in US dollars that's not what I call "cheap." I'm new to this, I know, but are these kinds of wallet-destroying, bankruptcy-declaring prices really below-average?

I'm frightened of going down this rabbit hole now, and my first package hasn't even left Japan yet. '~'

SoldnerKei

oh well, Miku is quite expensive, and I'll always be more of a Luka man

and that Batman looks ok, doesn't look like "omg it's freaking TDKR Batman! insta buy" but not that bad either

edit: yo, CRQ what are you doing here? lol once here you can never go back pal, leave your wallet and take your nendo/scale, whatever pleases you

If search engines are converting this right, in US dollars that's not what I call "cheap." I'm new to this, I know, but are these kinds of wallet-destroying, bankruptcy-declaring prices really below-average?

I'm frightened of going down this rabbit hole now, and my first package hasn't even left Japan yet. '~'

For a good scale? Yes. If you don't want your wallet destroyed, run while you still can or just buy nendos, they are cheaper (usually half that price).

RMI

Banned

7.8K is in the lower range for a scale fig. I wouldn't call it "cheap". 5-6K is cheap if you ask me, 7-9 is kind of mid range, and 9+ and we're talking pricey but not wallet destroying like 15k.

and the conversion rate is glorious right now.

7.8K is in the lower range for a scale fig. I wouldn't call it "cheap". 5-6K is cheap if you ask me, 7-9 is kind of mid range, and 9+ and we're talking pricey but not wallet destroying like 15k.

and the conversion rate is glorious right now.

Oh boy, I better practice some serious self-restraint then. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing I'd be buying on a monthly basis...yet, at least.

Hello SoldnerKei, I see you like Luka too. :)

Not figures but I picked up these Madoka decorator satin pillows at a new anime store that opened here in town.

I need to search for more stores selling similar stuff here. Even though the thing that I want the most (Pokemon plushies) would probably never come here. FFS.

I would seriously trade a Cynthia Nendo for a shiny Mega Ray plushie.

SHIIIIIIIIIIII~

Racing Miku went up for order tonight too!?!?!? oh god, my heart. I didn't even notice until I was done freaking over Asseylum-chan that I didn't even know existed. I am dead. Heart exploded by cuteness.

johnsmith

remember me
Oh boy, I better practice some serious self-restraint then. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing I'd be buying on a monthly basis...yet, at least.

Hello SoldnerKei, I see you like Luka too. :)

This isn't a cheap hobby. If you're concerned about price though, I recommend Kotobukiya's Bishoujo figures. You can get most of them for $55 or less on amazon shortly after release
but they skyrocket to as high as $300 once they sell out

Of course she's August. I'm trying to keep August relatively clean! I'll probably wait and see how things are looking- hopefully I'll have a better job by then and it won't matter if I keep the month clean or not. lol

o hey, when would you like melty?

considering most top figures go for about 90-120 a few years back due to the yen rate and aftermarket prices? yeah 7.8k is cheap. Hell 10k is the old 8k back then. USD was like 1dollar to 92 yen and it suckedddd

omlet

Well, pretty close to average. Low for an MSRP average. Very low considering the current exchange rate to USD.

oh, I can pay whenever! If you sent a PM or said anything I never got it or saw it, sorry. :( Just send me the price and where to send it and I'll do it right away!

ok, let me get a shipping box big enough for her and sort everything out. That way it will be a smooth transaction process! instead of the whole "well i can't drive soooo i gotta wait" after you paid. Rather have you pay the day before or day of shipping.

Well, pretty close to average. Low for an MSRP average. Very low considering the current exchange rate to USD.

It's all relative, really. If you're used to paying $10-$20 for an action figure in the US, then PVC figures are going to seem expensive-as-fuck. But figure collecting has its own economy.

kierwynn

ok, let me get a shipping box big enough for her and sort everything out. That way it will be a smooth transaction process! instead of the whole "well i can't drive soooo i gotta wait" after you paid. Rather have you pay the day before or day of shipping.

Okay, no problem! Just let me know! I'm in no rush- I was just worried I may have missed a message or something and didn't want to make you wait for payment or anything.

Utaha Kasumigaoka available at AmAmi for 7.540 yen. That's an insane price.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de..._preorderitem=1$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

i might just get...

Okay, no problem! Just let me know! I'm in no rush- I was just worried I may have missed a message or something and didn't want to make you wait for payment or anything.
naw i'll keep you posted.

I also have another member who wants mikasa figma and I'm going to wait a bit so that I can get it all prepped.

chrono01

i might just get...
Same. I need to watch an episode or two of the anime first, though the fact that she's 23.5cm tall, with a nice color scheme/shading, argues a pretty strong case for myself owning her. Oh, and I love her expression [although it does differ from the original artwork, as referenced earlier].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom