• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utaha is up on GSC
GxVKlKU.jpg

October
9k+tax

October? Hmm, 9k is not that bad.

chrono01

I'm not sure if some of the stuff I posted in the past offended people or not. I hope it didn't but, just in-case, I will try to be more careful of the stuff I post in the future.

Thanks for the words of warning, Stumpokapow. I'll definitely keep them in mind.

October? Hmm, 9k is not that bad.
Yeah, she'll be even cheaper on AmiAmi.

I'm tempted.

Hey guys. Let me first be clear that I'm here on friendly terms and no one is going to get banned or whatever, I just wanted to raise something to be on your radars and hopefully you never need to see me in here again at all. In threads with close-knit communities like this one we rely on users to sort of self-police--so I'm here sort of to hopefully give you guys a nudge in the right direction.

Recently we've got a series of complaints from multiple users to multiple moderators about the overall perv level in this thread and it's sort of got to a pitch where we think it does a disservice to the users of the site not to mention it to the community here. My understanding is that the people complaining do actually like the figures being discussed in the thread, but don't like some of the more excessive drooling and pervy conversation going on.

I recognize that boobs and butts are apparently part of figure collecting, so I'm absolutely not saying that everyone here has to be super uptight about stuff. I'm not saying to avoid posting about any specific figure you'd otherwise post about. By all means, continue.

But what I am saying is that we try our best to make the forum and our sub-communities welcome to all. There's an audience for this thread of people who like figures, read the thread, and want to post, but feel uncomfortable because quite so many posts are just super sexualized stuff. It's just generally making an atmosphere where some people don't want to take part that might otherwise.

So at this juncture, here's what I'm going to say:
- Keep in mind that this is a thread being read by mixed company, and if you're posting pervy as a joke, recognize that for some people it bugs them. Just do a general "is this something appropriate for a more general audience" check. A light-hearted joke here and there isn't so bad, but when it's a constant unceasing pattern, it starts to become a problem.
- Maybe scan the last page of the thread. If the perv level is super high, maybe mix it up a little with something different.
- If someone makes a pervy joke, consider whether or not it's good for the thread's general signal-to-noise ratio to quote it and keep the chain going. I'm not saying reply to them saying "NOFUN-BOT SAYS YOU MAY NOT SAY THIS", but just generally maybe encourage it a little less and let other conversation come up in the thread naturally without being drowned out by "I'd articulate her digits if you know what I mean" stuff.

Just generally dial it back a little bit.

I am not going to spend time trying to pick out specific posts, name and shame, or share the people who reported stuff to us. If the thread just sort of self-adjusts a bit now, it'll save us the effort of having to do more hands-on stuff later and I think will make the community a better experience for others. I'm also not going to respond to PMs that are like "I want to post XYZ is this OK"--I'm asking you to use your best judgment to save us both time.

No need to reply to this post or follow up with me, like I said I'm deliberately not being too specific about this. My main priority here is to make sure thread regulars read this and to make sure they're aware that this is something people have raised as an issue and hopefully we just see a nice organic self-adjustment to respond a bit. Hope everyone takes this in the sort of cooperative spirit I intend it :)

Quoting this mostly to bring it to the new page since that one dropped off quickly.

It's understandable that some would take issue. The biggest problems would seem that the more the lewd went on, the more people it drove off, and so the more FigureGAF became an echo chamber.

I'll do more on my part to self censor.

SoldnerKei

looking at the last page, no wonder why there's a Mod's post, good thing the thread is still alive

Watched the first episode of Saekano since that figure caught my eye. First ep was pretty good! Interested to see more.

oh god I'm going to pre-order it I know I will

seem like I will have to watch it too, if I end up not liking it I would be spared of buying her... but seeing the screenshot that you posted seems like that won't be the case :'D

edit: hey, 9k ain't that bad... I lost

edit 2: miku 15k? :c no wonder why she looks so awesome

tbh it did get pretty bad at times. I mean, having a lewd figure and talking about it is fine.

but when its almost a page or two about docking shipgirls... lol.

Like there was this one member I remember who left line chat only because it just got too bad for long periods of time. It wasn't just o a few mins here and there. It was like 30 mins of nonstop lewd. lol.

Look, i'll post the figure you guys are talking about so much.

bam. No need to fret. But if its like 10-15 post in a row about "insert peg joke here" then yeah.

raven777

Utaha price seems nice. With Amiami discount it would be around 8k I assume? They also give you

OhsiuN0.jpg

This post card regardless of which shop you order her.

chrono01

I need to watch the anime first then I'll make my decision. I almost bought Chitoge before watching and I would regret that a lot.
I didn't mind Chitoge, but she definitely wasn't my favorite. Her design is still nice, though, especially with Alter's version.

I probably won't pre-order Utaha right away. I haven't seen an episode of the anime [yet], so I'll watch it first and see how I feel about her.

Hope I haven't bothered anyone myself (not that I really have many iffy figs), didn't really mean for a half-joke to snowball quite so hard

Satan horns miku.
Cool fig but I'm super into Miku, not 15k into Miku for sure

it'll be about 13k.

I'll pay 13k for it. probably. Some racing mikus are hard to find. I think that deep sea miku is hard to find now as well. I just sold 2 mikus to bloodember and I didn't see any of them avail on mandarake.

johnsmith

remember me
I had nothing to do with that, btw. I ain't no snitch.

Look at this crap, they look like Bratz dolls.
FIG-KAI-9107.jpg
FIG-KAI-9106.jpg
FIG-KAI-9108.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-9107
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-9106
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-9108

Utaha price seems nice. With Amiami discount it would be around 8k I assume? They also give you

OhsiuN0.jpg

This post card regardless of which shop you order her.
This is unnecessary. Come on. Tons of people have avatars more risque than this pic.

I didn't mind Chitoge, but she definitely wasn't my favorite. Her design is still nice, though, especially with Alter's version.

I probably won't pre-order Utaha right away. I haven't seen an episode of the anime [yet], so I'll watch it first and see how I feel about her.

Same, I'll watch then make my decision. Hopefully I'll like her.

SerTapTap

Look at this crap, they look like Bratz dolls.

The more I see Funkos et al the more I'm amazed Nendoroids manage to have a very consistent style that isn't...just...awful like most others that seem to try that.

I should know better than to try and "reply to the post above me", fig gaf is way too fast for that

lol you guys are ridiculous haha. And I probably have the most lewd out of everybody here. Definitely more than settin, though I don't pose my castoff as castoff 90% of the time...

She's 8.1 at Hobbysearch, so the Ami price should be a smidge better. Surprisingly cheap.

You guys weren't kidding about sculpted coochie, were you?

settin was talking about towel girl. Its GSC, be surprise if its castoff.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I had nothing to do with that, btw. I ain't no snitch.

I got 99 figures but a smith ain't one

Also, yeah, those are awful. I haven't bothered putting them in the FunkoGAF OT because they're...ECH. When the Funko guy doesn't even like them, you KNOW they're bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom