• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Lovely figures, my eyes went straight to that little Saber and Squid Girl.

Welcome.

Thanks. I got those last year to put on my Vita.... While nice they just weighted it down and became a pain to keep them on there. Now they are chilling with Chi... and Chi's clones :p

Thanks. I got those last year to put on my Vita.... While nice they just weighted it down and became a pain to keep them on there. Now they are chilling with Chi... and Chi's clones :p

I got a couple myself for my cellphone (note: cellphone, not smartphone, so it was a long time ago), but I had the same problem: they were too heavy and I got scared of scratching the paint - of the figures, not the phone.

I still want to get more though, I love small detailed things.

Because I'm going to bed and I know one of you is going to ask me what I bought:

B/B 9.9k

78760.jpg

^__________^

I guess I can track down Cyril now. I was hesitating because this is the harder one to find for a good price.

Giolon

Don't forget about Bulma coming this month:

I didn't actually want it until Goku showed up, and now it's too late. T.T

New here to FigureGAF. Started a collection which will be expanding in the future. Starting with Banpresto figures due to their cheap price but decent quality considering the price of them.
So Far
Pan from Dragonball GT
>Amazon Link<
And Bulma in her Wild Rider outfit
>Amazon Link<

Also my flicker gallery has a lot more angles of them. Also it has a super good reason not to use the GS4 camera for taking pictures of these.

Welcome to FigureGAF! +1 for DBZ awesomeness.

Bombless

Because I'm going to bed and I know one of you is going to ask me what I bought:

B/B 9.9k

^__________^

I guess I can track down Cyril now. I was hesitating because this is the harder one to find for a good price.

There are good impulse buys and bad impulse buys.

This one is a magnificently good impulse buy. You won't regret her. Now get Cyril.

dani_dc

Damn, this thread moves fast.
I just got started on Berserk (manga) but I already think Casca is awesome (in fact I think everything about berserk is awesome).
Great pick up !!!
You're up for some really fun stuff ahead!

To fix caskas feather dab a tiny bit of super glue on her feather, put it in the joint and keep moving it until it dries, it'll add a tiny crust so that it stays in place but you can still move it around. It's how people fix weak hot toy joints when the screws fail...

All the Berserk figmas are awesome, the medicom figures are awesome, the GSC statues are awesome, the upcoming threezero and gecco figures and statues will be awesome, as well as the god hand figmas...

With Berserk everything is awesome... *cue lego song*
That's very helpful, I'll need to pick up some superglue to try it out.

Those other figures look great, I wouldn't mind some more Casca figures.

Extra points if she's based on the manga and thus doesn't has a bleached skin tone.

Awesome looking Figma. I remember really enjoying the Berserk anime when I was in college, a long time ago.

I'd recommend checking the manga, from what I know the anime ended in a really bad spot.

Grats Dani! Now buy Guts. And everyone else.

I saw Figma Guts in a second hand store, 13K yens. Griffith was also a ridiculous price, though not as high as Guts.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I didn't actually want it until Goku showed up, and now it's too late. T.T

Welcome to FigureGAF! +1 for DBZ awesomeness.

Thanks. I plan on collecting more DBZ stuff when money allows. Thinking about replica dragonballs next since they're pretty cheap at like $15

I got a couple myself for my cellphone (note: cellphone, not smartphone, so it was a long time ago), but I had the same problem: they were too heavy and I got scared of scratching the paint - of the figures, not the phone.

I still want to get more though, I love small detailed things.
The Chi's sweet home charms
Saber Phone Charm
Ika Musume Phone Charm (Can't find mine alone it seems)

Dice//

Banned
I don't know from personal experience but I belive that is the concensus. Also that should be the title of the next OT.

Agreed on OT title there

But man, it's such a shame. The poses and [demo] colours are SO DAMN NICE. Then they fuck up the endgame, and fuck it up bad.

I do hear quality varies, and here's hoping they fix their game up soon.

Wanderer5

Agreed on OT title there

But man, it's such a shame. The poses and [demo] colours are SO DAMN NICE. Then they fuck up the endgame, and fuck it up bad.

I do hear quality varies, and here's hoping they fix their game up soon.

Don't think I really got a clear look at a example of su- *looks at a comparsion of their Gokou Ruri* Er wow.XD

Bombless

Figure GAF |OT5| Black Bars edition

teehee

Got the Amatsukaze email as well. This month is sure turning into a very light one...while pushing April into the 70k territory ;_;.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Figure GAF |OT5| &#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;

Muzicfreq

Banned
WOOOOOT Found my USB Cable for my Samsung SL605 camera. Expect my images to be much better in the future!

note to self: when in new place, NEVER set my room up like a master bedroom worth of stuff in a 9x10 space. Lose 1 cable, it somehow takes a few hours to find.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Just uploaded pics of all my girls together onto MFC. About to post in the line chat in a few for those interested :p. Obviously can't directly link a sea of lewd here.

Nice pics of your collection, a sea of black bars indeed.

-----------------

With GSC Mikasa delayed my end of the month shipment from Amiami has been screwed up, the pre-owned stuff is being sent now, and my wife decided to pay for me using SAL parcel again. Of course I go to amiami and see they opened up pre-orders for Iscandar again after my wife paid so now I'll have to eat more shipping costs.

Still best space girl to me, and she is coming out this month, so if you were on the fence or tried to ignore her buy her already:

Tempted to pick up that Berserk Beherit 2015 pendant, but at 40mm it's so tiny. Was also tempted by Utaha but she's just not for me, great looking figure, awesome price, I do really hope she looks like the prototype as it'll be the start of an era of even better looking figures.

Edit: Bah fuck it, order the Berserk pendant...

Not sure if anyone remembers but a few weeks ago I got a quote from White Rabbit (buying service) for the MGS V Premium Package (the one with the 1:1 arm) from KONAMI STYLE store. I decided not to pursue it, but they sent me a chaser mail last week asking if I received the quote... then this week another saying they'll give me a 20% discount on their service fee if I take them up on it. I suppose you could either see it as a nice gesture to get my business, or faintly desperate if they're chasing individual orders so enthusiastically?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Not sure if anyone remembers but a few weeks ago I got a quote from White Rabbit (buying service) for the MGS V Premium Package (the one with the 1:1 arm) from KONAMI STYLE store. I decided not to pursue it, but they sent me a chaser mail last week asking if I received the quote... then this week another saying they'll give me a 20% discount on their service fee if I take them up on it. I suppose you could either see it as a nice gesture to get my business, or faintly desperate if they're chasing individual orders so enthusiastically?

Bit of both perhaps, 20% off the service fee doesn't sound like much though.

Now that I know what that is, it freaks me out even more :)

Yeah that's what makes it so awesome though, I really want this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqBvHSpfk2w

All I know about it is it was released at the summer wonder festival 2014...

Utaha ordered, Miku still under consideration.

Qk1X7kn.jpg

It's not really about the quality, but just how different it looks from the source material. The eyes are too big, blush is too strong, and expression feels different.

I see your point and whether you like the result or not is all that matters, but I'm not convinced the figure is based solely on that postcard illustration. The expression looks like it was referenced from this:

by the same artist. It's not uncommon for artists to use multiple references for a single piece, although we do often see figures that adhere strictly to a single image.

Bit of both perhaps, 20% off the service fee doesn't sound like much though.

Yep, their service fee isn't exactly ruinous. I decided not to go ahead as I would have to pay a lot upfront for something that isn't due for another 6 months - perhaps if I had used them before with an item that was available I'd feel more happy about it, but they don't strike me as being a large company and anything could happen between now and September.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Still tempted to order this:

But I am still waiting to see if they will do a
redacted
variant...

Really like the way her
redacted
look, and I'm afraid I'll have to pay out the
redacted
for her if I don't pre-order...

Status