• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerTapTap

Okay, Flonne and Jean d'Arc went smoothly

CAa-UIsUwAIf-vy.jpg:large
CAa8KmwVEAAkn5L.jpg:large

I'll take better pictures...later. Remind me not to assemble 6 figures on a work night again. Alisa is the only one still not all together. I thiink maybe the tab must fit if I force it but I don't want to damage her back

Okay, Flonne and Jean d'Arc went smoothly

I'll take better pictures...later. Remind me not to assemble 6 figures on a work night again. Alisa is the only one still not all together. I thiink maybe the tab must fit if I force it but I don't want to damage her back

So many nendos, wow. I almost bought the Disgaea nendos, and I have that blond girl on my watch list.

SerTapTap

Oh, Flonne DID come with the same mounting arm and a little tip that had a smaller tab on it...I'm pretty sure that's what Alisa needs. Can you like...just buy replacement stand pieces? I also have a non-nendo Etna figure that has an ill-matching stand, never found where you can get replacements for anything like that.

So many nendos, wow.

4 with this shipment, got 8 total now.

I almost bought the Disgaea nendos, and I have that blond girl in my watch list.
They're great! Not TONS of parts (Jean d'Arc has a great amount, as did the God Eater girls) but they look good. There's a Beryl one too but she's pricier.

4 with this shipment, got 8 total now.

They're great! Not TONS of parts (Jean d'Arc has a great amount, as did the God Eater girls) but they look good. There's a Beryl one too but she's pricier.

The problem is that I'm not a fan of Nendos, so I'm trying to get only the ones that I really need, like the Star Wars ones.

Watched the latest episode of KanColle.

Airship Princess
scaled figure when?

I was surprised by how cute they drew Airfield Princess. You'd think they'd want to villainize the Abyssals somewhat by at least making them look fierce or something. Instead we get a cutie Airfield Princess who's minding her own business, gets scared, and cries out in pain when she's surprise bombed by the creampuffs.

Kan Colle fever seems to have died down around here recently, but I'm still 100% on board for Abyssal figs. They just seem like an unpopular choice with the manufacturers.

Also still waiting for Takao, Atago, Yamato, Musashi, Tenryu, and Tatsuta Figmas...

chrono01

I was surprised by how cute they drew Airfield Princess. You'd think they'd want to villainize the Abyssals somewhat by at least making them look fierce or something. Instead we get a cutie Airfield Princess who's minding her own business, gets scared, and cries out in pain when she's surprise bombed by the creampuffs.

Kan Colle fever seems to have died down around here recently, but I'm still 100% on board for Abyssal figs. They just seem like an unpopular choice with the manufacturers.

Also still waiting for Takao, Atago, Yamato, Musashi, Tenryu, and Tatsuta Figmas...
Yeah.

I mean, I guess I can understand why the "main fleet" is so much more popular than the Abyssal. The girls have actual dialogue/character development/etc., but I just love the design of the Abyssal. At least we're getting figures of Wo-Class and Re-Class, that's something.

Still, my rage will not be subsided until I get a figure of
Airfield Princess
. And it had better not be a GK!

Who were those new girls that showed up with the Damaged Wo-class? Finally, some Abyssals who know how to stomp these moe bitches.

I'm still in for Abyssal scales. They're the raddest.

Settin

Just uploaded pics of all my girls together onto MFC. About to post in the line chat in a few for those interested :p. Obviously can't directly link a sea of lewd here.

SerTapTap

Just uploaded pics of all my girls together onto MFC. About to post in the line chat in a few for those interested :p. Obviously can't directly link a sea of lewd here.

I envy your open lewdness. I think open-shirt Katsu (as if there were other Katsus) is my lewdest at the moment

Yeah.

I mean, I guess I can understand why the "main fleet" is so much more popular than the Abyssal. The girls have actual dialogue/character development/etc.

That's another point. There are well over 100 ship girls. Some of them have excellent designs, and so few actually get screen time.

Chance

I don't own any lewd.

Unless Vanillaware counts.

I insist to myself that it doesn't. Whenever I feel the least bit troubled by Megahouse's Sorceress, I simply remind myself of what I've witnesses in darkened figure-gluing corners of the Internet.

Also, my GF pretty much insisted I buy her to complete the set.

SerTapTap

Settin just has a corner of his house dedicated to naked girl figures.

I'm impressed. Zero fucks given.

That's the life. I need to set aside a good amount of space for display when I get my second floor renovated. The mantle is overflowing, can't keep putting stuff there

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey guys. Let me first be clear that I'm here on friendly terms and no one is going to get banned or whatever, I just wanted to raise something to be on your radars and hopefully you never need to see me in here again at all. In threads with close-knit communities like this one we rely on users to sort of self-police--so I'm here sort of to hopefully give you guys a nudge in the right direction.

Recently we've got a series of complaints from multiple users to multiple moderators about the overall perv level in this thread and it's sort of got to a pitch where we think it does a disservice to the users of the site not to mention it to the community here. My understanding is that the people complaining do actually like the figures being discussed in the thread, but don't like some of the more excessive drooling and pervy conversation going on.

I recognize that boobs and butts are apparently part of figure collecting, so I'm absolutely not saying that everyone here has to be super uptight about stuff. I'm not saying to avoid posting about any specific figure you'd otherwise post about. By all means, continue.

But what I am saying is that we try our best to make the forum and our sub-communities welcome to all. There's an audience for this thread of people who like figures, read the thread, and want to post, but feel uncomfortable because quite so many posts are just super sexualized stuff. It's just generally making an atmosphere where some people don't want to take part that might otherwise.

So at this juncture, here's what I'm going to say:
- Keep in mind that this is a thread being read by mixed company, and if you're posting pervy as a joke, recognize that for some people it bugs them. Just do a general "is this something appropriate for a more general audience" check. A light-hearted joke here and there isn't so bad, but when it's a constant unceasing pattern, it starts to become a problem.
- Maybe scan the last page of the thread. If the perv level is super high, maybe mix it up a little with something different.
- If someone makes a pervy joke, consider whether or not it's good for the thread's general signal-to-noise ratio to quote it and keep the chain going. I'm not saying reply to them saying "NOFUN-BOT SAYS YOU MAY NOT SAY THIS", but just generally maybe encourage it a little less and let other conversation come up in the thread naturally without being drowned out by "I'd articulate her digits if you know what I mean" stuff.

Just generally dial it back a little bit.

I am not going to spend time trying to pick out specific posts, name and shame, or share the people who reported stuff to us. If the thread just sort of self-adjusts a bit now, it'll save us the effort of having to do more hands-on stuff later and I think will make the community a better experience for others. I'm also not going to respond to PMs that are like "I want to post XYZ is this OK"--I'm asking you to use your best judgment to save us both time.

No need to reply to this post or follow up with me, like I said I'm deliberately not being too specific about this. My main priority here is to make sure thread regulars read this and to make sure they're aware that this is something people have raised as an issue and hopefully we just see a nice organic self-adjustment to respond a bit. Hope everyone takes this in the sort of cooperative spirit I intend it :)

Ultimadrago

If there was any mod I hoped would be the (inevitable) chosen arbiter when the time came, it's Stump. Always level-headed.

Will do, Stump!

Hmm, I have a question about the Line group. Do you guys use a chime when you recieve messages? I've thought of asking for an invite, but I'm awake when you guys are asleep, and vis versa. I don't want to be waking anyone up with Line chimes.

Einbroch

Banned
Hmm, I have a question about the Line group. Do you guys use a chime when you recieve messages? I've thought of asking for an invite, but I'm awake when you guys are asleep, and vis versa. I don't want to be waking anyone up with Line chimes.

Most everyone has notifications turned off. If you had them on, you'd get blasted with hundreds of notifications a day.

You can mute it, no problem. Plus most phones have the sleep setting that stops it from chiming during a pre-determined period of time (like 23:00 to 7:00).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom