• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerTapTap

Nendos look so great in pictures.

That's what all them parts are for. I've been really impressed at the stuff that comes with some of them. The God Eater 2 girls and Jean d'Arc had lots of weapon and hand options with a lot of potential. I just picked my fav weapons and a standard pose.

So I just found out Destiny has 19 OTs. Bros, we gotta step it up.

I can talk boringly about Darkness for a few hours if you think it would help

Einbroch sees through ryos ruse

tumblr_lhfavv2Iuo1qgcvieo1_400.gif

I have a feeling I'm writing the longest MFC loot post in its history..... I might not get done until a few hours from now T_T

Good luck.

Those are eufanisms aren't they? So what is most important in figure collecting?

Feeling good. If you start hating yourself (because of wrong decisions, spending too much money, etc) then it is time to quit.

I quit WoW because it became a second job, not the game that i used to escape to.

SerTapTap

I enjoy sharing my loot, its fun to see others opinions. Just hope it gets some views and doesn't fall into obscurity instantly X_X lol

Yeah sharing is fun. I should make a youtube video of my stuff sometime. I was thinking of doing quick reviews or something, I already have a youtube audience (for games though)

Looking forward to it!

GAF got yo' back.

Thumbs-up-anime-30843101-250-258.gif

I'll F5 it if you need more views :D.

This offer extends to any poster that might need help.

Yeah sharing is fun. I should make a youtube video of my stuff sometime. I was thinking of doing quick reviews or something, I already have a youtube audience (for games though)

Thanks! I'll post it as soon as it's ready, though im sure it'll take quite the bit to read lol

SerTapTap

How good are views on MFC posts anyway? I know Omlet does some. I'm wondering if it makes any sense to post on there vs my own (presently unknown/unused) site

omlet

I enjoy sharing my loot, its fun to see others opinions. Just hope it gets some views and doesn't fall into obscurity instantly X_X lol

Do you have a webcam? You really should open all those cards on a stream so we can watch lol. Just point the camera at the table or something if you don't want to show your face. Streaming is really easy to set up (at least on hitbox)!

Do you have a webcam? You really should open all those cards on a stream so we can watch lol. Just point the camera at the table or something if you don't want to show your face. Streaming is really easy to set up (at least on hitbox)!

I don't sadly but I shall keeps my plans secret for what I shall do when they come in.

As a little teaser for my huge loot post I'll reveal that the post covers 14 orders from multiple stores throughout the month of February :p

I'm not either, but how can you say no to this face?
Gross

Can't wait! :D

I'm glad the lewd thing was raised. I think I'm a good example of why this was an issue (I didn't tell on you guys, though, I promise it wasn't me).

A while ago I made a post on this and tried to sorta raise my concerns gently, but it kinda didn't go anywhere.

Basically, I'm a guy who's into cool figures, collectibles, I like figmas, and I'm just a general collector of cool things. I'm not especially into any niche things, and while I won't rule out a statue that is asthetically beautiful or in some way "sexy", I don't think I'd ever own anything "lewd".

That's not to say I particularly care if anyone else wants to own things that are "lewd", but the feel in the thread made me feel a bit out of place, with the sheer volume of attention and posts being in some way related to the sexiness of inanimate objects. In particular, there's at least some tolerance of imagery/discussion of statues that depict clearly underage looking characters in a sexual manner -- and while I agree there's some amount of self policing here on this, to the thread's credit, it didn't seem like enough and it kinda made me feel less comfortable participating. I don't think it's productive to single out/shame anyone, but there definitely have been statues displayed and discussed in this thread that, for lack of a better word, are creepy.

anyway, just my two cents. put me on team "more inclusive" (as opposed to "team lewd"). :)
Understandable. Although I do say that it should not keep you from participating in our community. We have many different kinds of folks here. Some lewder than others, and some who are still pure. We are constantly tweaking and working on the level of appropriate lewdness in here, but we do understand that we may take it too far at times. We don't do it on purpose, it just that people's lewd level meter may be different from others. So when things get a little too weird in here, would rather someone try to derail the lewd train but posting a normal/cute figure, Sideshow statue, or bring up another topic to talk about rather than leave and feel unwelcomed. Because everyone is welcome in FigureGAF! :)
maybe not ambiibros /jk :p

Arkadios

Well, I don't think any of us are particularly serious about those kinds of discussions. I know they can devolve into excessively lewd drivel, but none of it was ever meant to offend, and was always intended in a joking manner. When we talk about figures being sexy, it has more to do with how well and/or accurately the figure expresses the female form and the personality of the character it represents. It's not a bunch of people sitting around fapping over lumps of PVC, honest.

As someone who mostly lurks, I have a view similar to this one about the discussions. I'm pretty sure that as male figures get more popular there will be jokes about atom-crushing abs etc. in similar ways that Angela's Balzac rear took FigureGAF by storm.

SerTapTap

Lol

I should give stop motion with figmas/action figures a try again.

Always impressed by these. Surprised what you can do with limited parts

As someone who mostly lurks, I have a view similar to this one about the discussions. I'm pretty sure that as male figures get more popular there will be jokes about atom-crushing abs etc. in similar ways that Angela's Balzac rear took FigureGAF by storm.

I wouldn't mind more male figs, someone needs to like, make more male figs though first

omlet

How good are views on MFC posts anyway? I know Omlet does some. I'm wondering if it makes any sense to post on there vs my own (presently unknown/unused) site

I mainly post a few things on my MFC blog so that I can get back to them easily. Like, they are compilation posts of stuff I mostly posted on here, too, but sometimes over multiple posts, so it got tiring to be going back and searching for and relinking individual posts.

A lot of people use the MFC blogs for "ask MFC" stuff and those kinds of posts usually get a lot of replies but I don't really need to since this thread exists.

kewlmyc

Hey Kewl, you're getting the James Jean TMNT statues, yeah? BigBadToyStore finally put Donatello up. All 4 turtle pre-orders are go.

Nope. Too rich for my blood, plus they weren't a huge part of my childhood at all. Only seen the first movie. That's it.

If I strike it rich, then sure.

Bloodember

I don't post much on here either, not because of the lewdness, come one I have the Sasaki Native figure, but because of the anime talk. I don't watch anime much at all so I don't have anything to contribute.

Wanderer5

I wanted more male Monster Hunter figures for a while now...

There are a few out there, but not as much as I would like.

Would love to see a nendo of this

MH4U-Charge_Blade_Equipment_Render_001.png

Face is completely covered through, so not sure if GSC is into that much beside maybe some popular like Darth Vader or superhero stuff.

But hey a figma or such could do also, but I kind of want to see chibi dios charge blader.:p

kewlmyc

I don't post much on here either, not because of the lewdness, come one I have the Sasaki Native figure, but because of the anime talk. I don't watch anime much at all so I don't have anything to contribute.

I can understand that, but it's easy to see where the overlap would be. I'll personally cut it out if it makes people feel uncomfortable.

Did you preorder?

Yeah, once I realized she was up for pre-order (i.e. I was done freaking out over the existence of a Princess Asseylum from Kotobukiya).

>_>

<_<

I've never been more happy to be wrong.

If she was exclusive, she would have been 16k easy.

I can understand that, but it's easy to see where the overlap would be. I'll personally cut it out if it makes people feel uncomfortable.

I think anime and figures are a bit too integrated to separate the anime talk out of the equation. Too many of these things have their origins in anime for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom