• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see a nendo of this

MH4U-Charge_Blade_Equipment_Render_001.png

Face is completely covered through, so not sure if GSC is into that much beside maybe some popular like Darth Vader or superhero stuff.

But hey a figma or such could do also, but I kind of want to see chibi dios charge blader.:p

Would get, easily.

I don't post much on here either, not because of the lewdness, come one I have the Sasaki Native figure, but because of the anime talk. I don't watch anime much at all so I don't have anything to contribute.

same here. i don't have time to watch anime. no clue what's going on here most of the time.

Bloodember

I think anime and figures are a bit too integrated to separate the anime talk out of the equation. Too many of these things have their origins in anime for that.

That's true, many figures that everyone collects are part of some anime, even a few that I have or on order, so anime discussion shouldn't be excluded, its just something I don't watch much of.

so, as i said I would like 2 weeks ago, play arts lightning pictures...Of course I fucked up and 1 was way out of focus and I didnt notice and I wasnt reposing to take it again. So only actually 1 lightning returns pic, but then shots of all my play arts for size comparisons and just to get them all into 1 photo (Cole snuck in)

also yes, sephiroths sword is broken...some dickhead at a party. I have another one unopened because of that

so, as i said I would like 2 weeks ago, play arts lightning pictures...Of course I fucked up and 1 was way out of focus and I didnt notice and I wasnt reposing to take it again. So only actually 1 lightning returns pic, but then shots of all my play arts for size comparisons and just to get them all into 1 photo (Cole snuck in)

also yes, sephiroths sword is broken...some dickhead at a party. I have another one unopened because of that

Wow, a katana.

I lurk the thread alot. But not because im dissuaded by the lewd, I never saw that as an issue. I guess as of late there has been more suggestive posting and open discussion on things that could make some people uncomfortable, which could be toned down. But yeah as far as the regular subject matter of this thread I don't think much has been particularly out of line.

Eh you can be a figure collector without liking anime. Most of my figures are from video games.
mine as well (all but 3). We have also gotten off into video game side chats too.

To me the benefit of the community though is being able to just keep chatting while maintaining a common thread

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
That's true, many figures that everyone collects are part of some anime, even a few that I have or on order, so anime discussion shouldn't be excluded, its just something I don't watch much of.

Many of us, including me, watch animes we would never watch otherwise just to justify buying a figure.

Bloodember

That's the one they teased a while ago, right? Looks cool, but the price...

Would get if I had the means.
She looks cool, the Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy figures are cool also, the price isn't that bad considering they're pollystone. If I had the room and extra money I'd have all three of these.

Looks nice man. I have that art book collection as well. It's super nice. The lightning Returns does look good. Actually better than the promo pics.

This is cool.

gokieks

I might be somewhat more interested in buying a figure because I like the anime even if it's not the greatest sculpt/pose/whatever, but that's a one-way street - I definitely would not watch an anime I otherwise have no interest in just because a character from it got a good figure.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I lurk the thread alot. But not because im dissuaded by the lewd, I never saw that as an issue. I guess as of late there has been more suggestive posting and open discussion on things that could make some people uncomfortable, which could be toned down. But yeah as far as the regular subject matter of this thread I don't think much has been particularly out of line.

Hmmm, you sound like you have a level head... I think I'm offended...

Don't make this your only post.

Why is she so flat between her b̶o̶o̶b̶s̶ female chest area and her collar bone, just stands out as weird to me. Need to see more angles, and eye level pics...

taoofjord

Well I've finally reached the point where I've run out of space and don't know if I should buy a detolf or stop collecting figures. I went into this not wanting to get a display case. I currently have them all in the computer room, set up in a sort of diorama on top of a waist high bookshelf (a horizontal Ikea Expedit) and I'm really happy with the arrangement.

But I still have about 8 more figures on the way over the next 4 months. And then there's a few more I want to order when they're re-issued.

Pretty much every figure I have or that's on its way is a figma-sized or smaller figure and I'm not sure those look great in a case. The only larger figures I own are Velvet and Space Dandy (and both deserve better than their current spot). Any thoughts?

Oh and excuse the crappy photos, I just wanted to give you all an idea of how I have the figures displayed. I'm going to take nice photos of the setup this weekend.

SerTapTap

Great stuff! I love all the FF stuff but trying to go back and collect it all...woof

Eh you can be a figure collector without liking anime. Most of my figures are from video games.

Yeah, almost all my stuff is from games. Largely anime style games, but yeah. I do feel a bit out of the loop on many figs for not watching anime, but eh. Even if I did I might be out of the loop on game figs, or western figs, or more niche anime...you're never going to be up to date on everything in a medium like this.

Native is doing an Aoba (from DRAMAtical Murder) figure.

As per above, dunno who that is. Disgaea could get some Bishie figures but they barely even do many for the girls, especially ones that aren't Etna/Flonne. But it's not like there are no male figures, just less.

Oh and excuses the crappy photo photos, I just wanted to give you all an idea of how I have the figures displayed. I'm going to take nice photos of the setup this weekend.

Lovely collection! Super jealous of Noby Noby Boy!

Vito

Banned
Buy figure -> Gets a rerelease -> Watch with horror as it's not sold out a month before release -> Fear a pricedrop.

Mostly cause I'll feel tempted to get a second (or third). Am I the only one? Not just any figure, but there's one or two I really like.. *sigh* Like this Asuka: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005415&page=top the other is a Mikoto that was SUPPOSED to be store exclusive, but got a EU wide release, already dropped from 65 to 50... don't want a third damn it!

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the European distributor to get Satsuki while it pricedrops on Amazon... http://jp.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B00L0VKGQQ orz

Femto.

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/settin
My collection + the pic of towel girl I put on the line chat. NSFW all over the place.

Also @Freezasaurus, towel girl does have a molded coochie.

Just saw your stuff, black bars for dayz indeed, I can't imagine what the line chat is like.
That one nendo looks so out of place haha

Guys this thread is moving way too fast now, it's only been a few hours since I've checked back. 2Hardcore4Me

omlet

Pretty much every figure I have or that's on its way is a figma-sized or smaller figure and I'm not sure those look great in a case. The only larger figures I own are Velvet and Space Dandy (and both deserve better than their current spot). Any thoughts?
IMO DETOLF is not really ideal for small figures because the shelves are not adjustable. There is over a foot of air between DETOLF shelves so small figures leave lots of unused space.

The moment you have all been waiting for! it is up!

http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/20620

That took so much energy. Feel free to comment there or here. Enjoy!

dat kobato

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BGBW, did you know about this exclusive variant? I didn't even know until I was browsing MFC today....
Yeah, it was exclusive to one shop and was announced way after I ordered the original. Besides, the original is based on the cover of the first volume so I much prefer it anyway.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Well I've finally reached the point where I've run out of space and don't know if I should buy a detolf or stop collecting figures. I went into this not wanting to get a display case. I currently have them all in the computer room, set up in a sort of diorama on top of a waist high bookshelf (a horizontal Ikea Expedit) and I'm really happy with the arrangement.

But I still have about 8 more figures on the way over the next 4 months. And then there's a few more I want to order when they're re-issued.

Oh and excuses the crappy photos, I just wanted to give you all an idea of how I have the figures displayed. I'm going to take nice photos of the setup this weekend.

You've done well up until now, but when your putting figures on top of a stack of books it's time to reorganize. With your collection I'd look at a billy with glass doors, since you collect mostly smaller figures you can get more shelves in to maximize space as your collection grows.

dat kobato

Yeah lots of Kobato :p

IM NOT WORTHY! Such a epic mega pick-up post. I was smiling the entire time. Great loot, thanks for sharing with us! :D

Thanks glad you enjoyed it!

I think someone likes Kobato!

Yeah, I'm trying my best to collect all the items of her that I can :p

STUFF
THINGS
ITEMS

LOTS OF THINGS :3

So many goodies!

Yeah, now I just have to wait until I can finally set up my new shelves so I can place them.

That's a lot of Tales of loot!
Going HAM on your wallet.

Yeah, Tales of is my favorite game series so trying to get as much of it as I can

Burst Angel? Holy shit.

Yeah, been searching for the other figures but no luck as of yet.

I should have know by your name and avatar, but you must be a big Tales fan. Nice merch.

Looks like someone's a big Kobato fan as well.
Good tastes.

Thanks and yeah, Colette's my favorite female character from the series, Jade Curtis is my favorite male character, and yeah Kobato is the best lol

So much stuff. Great write up.

Thanks glad you like it :)

Shesh, that's a lot! Don't recognize most of the animes but cool gets
Thanks! yeah dont think i'll ever has as much stuff at once again though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom