• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kierwynn

I want to get, but their size makes it seem to me like shipping could cost as much as or more than the cushion itself :( I want Rin and Momo.
CAh7T2sU8AAaLB2.jpg

What are these precious creatures???

SerTapTap

How good is AmiAmi's preowned stuff? Haven't bought a preowned fig yet, though I probably will have to get the Senran Kagura Versus set of chibis used too

decapitated heads of children :O

Why buy when you can get 'em yourself for free?

Theonik

How good is AmiAmi's preowned stuff? Haven't bought a preowned fig yet, though I probably will have to get the Senran Kagura Versus set of chibis used too

Why buy when you can get 'em yourself for free?
It's the typical Japanese pre-owned they are very conservative when they grade quality.

AmiAmi preowned is more expensive than new most of the time. They make so much money lol

I've gotten some crazy deals through their preowned stuff. I usually just skim through the first few pages of preowned but not too deep. I also use the mobile site so it's not that bad.

As far as the quality it is usually pretty good. We have a running joke about how Ami and Manda rate box quality. A slight bend will be severely damaged to them.

meijiko

I want to get, but their size makes it seem to me like shipping could cost as much as or more than the cushion itself :( I want Rin and Momo.
CAh7T2sU8AAaLB2.jpg

I was actually tempted by them too... I have the small version of Rei and Nagisa, but I wanted the Haru cushion so I could squish his fat head. But yeah shipping will probably be big, especially if they're filled with the same stuff as the small ones.

omlet

It's fine.

A = literally "new in box" even if it's an old figure
B+ = opened but immaculate
B = opened but cared for by a collector so condition is typically excellent (may contain minor wear and/or minor manufacturer flaws)
C = notable damage and usually heavily discounted accordingly... they will describe the damage on the right side of the page... sometimes it's something that you may not care about and you can get a great deal (for example, I got a nendo that had a messed up stand at about half its usual aftermarket price)

Same rating applies to boxes. It's really rare to see an A box because even a minor scuff on the plastic window will demote it to B. A minor dent will demote it to C and the price will be even lower than a B box. This works in the favor of many of us who do like to keep the boxes but don't really care if they have a little dent or scuff on them. That said, C is as low as they go on stuff. I got a C box once that was in terrible shape--it looked water-damaged.

SerTapTap

Ah, yeah, sounds fine. Though these two are cheap enough I may just spend the extra 1k and get new. Is there a decent price comparing tool? I thought MFC would have this buy at least for all the figures I want/own it doesn't seem to really list sellers. Maybe my tastes are just too hipster and it's on the more popular ones?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I seem to need some Amiami preowned advice. I click on preowned, it goes to a huge list of pre owned items, and every one I click on is sold out. What am I missing?

It means someone already snatched it up. People will keep an eye on the preowned list on AmiAmi when they update, usually at around midnight EST, and then snipe things that go up for sale. Since some figures are harder to come by, and AmiAmi usually has competitive prices, it can be a struggle.

Ah, yeah, sounds fine. Though these two are cheap enough I may just spend the extra 1k and get new. Is there a decent price comparing tool? I thought MFC would have this buy at least for all the figures I want/own it doesn't seem to really list sellers. Maybe my tastes are just too hipster and it's on the more popular ones?

MFC isn't really a good shopping tool, unless you want to buy from the community. They just has sponsor stores listed. The only time MFC is helpful for sales is when someone decides to post a comment on the figure's MFC page. So, I suppose you could check the comments section to see if anyone's posted prices in the past few months.

You can check Mandarake for things currently available. Also, FigInStock has price tracking, but only if you've decided to follow an item over time.

At the end of the day, you kind of just have to use your judgment. AmiAmi is usually pretty competitive in pricing, for both new and preowned.

kierwynn

I got an unexpected package from Japan today. My fiance brought it in and gave me a look because when it's from Japan it's usually a figure. lol It was a figure, but not one I bought:

My replacement Kirigiri arrived from GSC! She came like this and was wrapped in some bubble wrap. I was worried cause my original Kirigiri came with her braid broken off and she was in a box and this one was just wrapped up.

Luckily, she came completely intact. GSC customer service is amazing! Now comes the hard part: taking my other one apart and trying to reassemble the figure...

SerTapTap

Does GSC have good customer service? Do you think they'd send me the (apparently) missing part one of my nendos has? Alisa from God Eater 2 either has the wrong mount, a slot that's too small or is missing some in-between part. I think it's the latter, as Flonne had some sort of smaller adapter bit that seems like it'd fit in Alisa.

I didn't buy it direct from them though, Amazon Japan. Don't know how I'd get customer service out of that...

kierwynn

Does GSC have good customer service? Do you think they'd send me the (apparently) missing part one of my nendos has? Alisa from God Eater 2 either has the wrong mount, a slot that's too small or is missing some in-between part. I think it's the latter, as Flonne had some sort of smaller adapter bit that seems like it'd fit in Alisa.

I didn't buy it direct from them though, Amazon Japan. Don't know how I'd get customer service out of that...

As long as it came to you like that new, they'll most likely help. I bought my Kirigiri from amiami and they didn't ask for any sort of proof of purchase or anything. I just sent them a message and included the pictures they asked for, and they sent me a replacement.

They definitely will. My Madoka nendo had two of the same faceplate and they sent me the one I was missing. My Kyoko was missing her pocky and they sent me that as well.

SerTapTap

As long as it came to you like that new, they'll most likely help. I bought my Kirigiri from amiami and they didn't ask for any sort of proof of purchase or anything. I just sent them a message and included the pictures they asked for, and they sent me a replacement.

I'll try then...though it's hard to show pictures. It's not a broken bit or anything visibly gone, it's a small part that just wasn't in the package, I think.

I bought my Ryuko Figma from Toyslogic.com and it was missing the eye for Senketsu. I contacted GSC about it and they currently have a RP in transit to me. It's worth a shot.

meijiko

Now that I think of it, I probably should've tried to get GSC to replace my Ultimate Madoka figma head when the hair broke as soon as I assembled her. Ah well, I don't like that figure much anyway.

Now that I think of it, I probably should've tried to get GSC to replace my Ultimate Madoka figma head when the hair broke as soon as I assembled her. Ah well, I don't like that figure much anyway.

I need to email them about the little text bubble that comes with my Wo-Class Nendo. It had a crack in it and looks terrible.

kewlmyc

HLJ can go suck a male camels dick. They cancel figures and orders without alerting you. Why can't AmiAmi carry Banpresto prize figures?

Big in Japan is more reliable, especially if you pay in advance. I know they cancelled some Evangelion prize figures recently except for those who paid in advance.

What are these precious creatures???

These are the full size ones.

And these are the smaller ones

Makoto between Haru and Rei, as it should be

Rei and Makoto pls, also seriously, when is Rei gonna have a scale?!

No, Sosuke first.

I was actually tempted by them too... I have the small version of Rei and Nagisa, but I wanted the Haru cushion so I could squish his fat head. But yeah shipping will probably be big, especially if they're filled with the same stuff as the small ones.

I was thinking about the Sosuke one, but it's like 3.2k, you need to carry it in both hands, and the shipping would be crazy. ~_~

kewlmyc

All I'm waiting on is for Alter to either release or delay Alicia this month. She's holding up my order of Juri, Kyoko Sakura, and Chaika artbook.

Thanks to everyone who bought from me! You're covering my Amiami payment this month as well as the Sinon I prepaid for. :D

LiK

I got an unexpected package from Japan today. My fiance brought it in and gave me a look because when it's from Japan it's usually a figure. lol It was a figure, but not one I bought:

My replacement Kirigiri arrived from GSC! She came like this and was wrapped in some bubble wrap. I was worried cause my original Kirigiri came with her braid broken off and she was in a box and this one was just wrapped up.

Luckily, she came completely intact. GSC customer service is amazing! Now comes the hard part: taking my other one apart and trying to reassemble the figure...

whoa, how was the process? you sent them back the broken figure and they shipped you a new one? that is boss.

SerTapTap

I'm thinking of going EMS for Estival Versus. Should I go EMS? I really really want them, and SAL has been taking upwards of 4 weeks lately. Decisions, decisions.

I'm going to do EMS. Less time for something to go wrong in shipping, and it's a game so playing it when other importers do should be cool. It's only usually like $5-10 extra right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom