• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't post the rest of the details because they're sadly in magazine scans, but the thing is basically the perfect scale model of the car. It also has an insanely detailed interior complete with pedals, gages and belt interface thing. It also has working doors (of course) and the panel that covers its gun up front so it can look like a "normal" car also moves. The only thing it seems to lack is the ability to transform into its two rarely used subforms, but I don't think anyone expected that to be a thing.

Well, what are you waiting for?

Do it.

I used that on the foot of that super-pricey Motoko Kusanagi (that I got for like, $50 when she came out) and it was like magic. I couldn't believe it worked so well.

Same, I thought it wouldn't work, but being more maleable helps a lot with some issues.

And nice haul, Colette! All of that merchandise... My own fondness for Kobato pales greatly in comparison.

Thanks! Yeah I ramped up my Kobato efforts after seeing another mfc members Kobato collection. I still pale in comparison but I'm getting closer with each item :p

On a side note I finally placed an order for the Kotori and Eli birthday figures, I went with Nippon-Yassan since I couldn't afford to pay right upfront for both at the moment. After hearing all the horror stories on MFC about NY cancelling pre-orders, bad customer service, bootlegs etc.. are they really as bad as some people are saying? lol

freeza with a quality triple post

westbrook3.gif

yami4ct

Just paid off this guy at HLJ.

MP Star Saber. Probably the first Transformers MP I've bought purely because the toy looks great, not because of character attachment. I've seen 1 episode of Transformers Victory. Love how Japanese Super Robot this guy is. Very much not like your traditional TF. Can't ship him until next week when my MG Double X comes in, though.

Also, since I seem to be one of the few TF collectors here, I guess I should post the color pictures we got of MP Tracks.

He looks gorgeous. Love the dark gray and blue they're using. Surprising character choice, but still glad to get him. Also, recent scans confirmed he has the Red and Yellow flame deco on the car hood like the original toy instead of the all red flames of the animation model. Very good choice.

Well, what are you waiting for?

Do it.

It's not on sale yet, but I probably will hop on it soon after it is. The good thing about Web Shop Exclusives is they don't sell out quickly.

yami4ct

Good luck, and if you eventually get it, please post pictures.

If I get it, I certainly will post photos. Have to justify the expense somehow, haha. Drive himself is coming next month, so I'll also probably throw up some photos of him. That figure is looking so good.

Anyone have experience ordering backorder stuff from HLJ? How fast has your stuff gotten in stock?

I placed my first back-order from them on March 7th with 4 kobato items, they are all about 2-3 years old so I'm sure my wait will be much longer nothing has happened yet but hopefully they can fulfill them.

yami4ct

Anyone have experience ordering backorder stuff from HLJ? How fast has your stuff gotten in stock?

What are you looking at exactly? Some stuff like GunPla stock relatively quickly. I've had my backorders of those take anywhere from a few days to a month depending on how close to the restock I was.

Other stuff you might not ever get. If it's a limited run item, they might never be able to secure a second stock or it might take forever. I've heard of people waiting months before some of their stuff got in.

Acid08

Banned
What are you looking at exactly? Some stuff like GunPla stock relatively quickly. I've had my backorders of those take anywhere from a few days to a month depending on how close to the restock I was.

Other stuff you might not ever get. If it's a limited run item, they might never be able to secure a second stock or it might take forever. I've heard of people waiting months before some of their stuff got in.

Yeah, it's Gunpla. Trying to get the MG Ez8 and Gouf Custom. HLJ has the cheapest price but they're on backorder.

I placed my first back-order from them on March 7th with 4 kobato items, they are all about 2-3 years old so I'm sure my wait will be much longer nothing has happened yet but hopefully they can fulfill them.

They usually won't take orders if they can't fulfill them. Hell, I recently ordered the Tomoko Nendo from a US retailer that was "Temporarily Out of Stock" for $55 shipped, even though I didn't expect to get one. Lo and behold, a few weeks later there she was on my doorstep.

DemiMatt

South America. which means taxes + bad weather to maintain one.

Ah yeah, I've heard nightmares about shipping costs down there.

Thanks for the advice, but I get my HT when they're close enough to the comics for my taste. That's why I just got (literally a few hours ago) TWS BW and WS (very close to what I deem to be the original comics outfits) and won't get Falcon, even if I agree the figure is awesome. Same reason I'm not getting any Wolverine from their line-up, awesome Jackman likeness and great figs all around, but very different from how I picture Wolverine in my head, if that makes any sense...

That makes sense to me, for me since Hot Toys started out as Movie figures, I bought them I liked the movie and the likeness & detail was great. Like I hated Iron Man 2, but thought the likeness of War Machine & Iron Man were amazing so I bought them because I love the characters (and they were true to the comics). For The Winter Soldier (Movie) I was not a fan of it, and I'm passing on all of them, but yeah I sitll think Falcon is the best from that line. I almost went with Cap but then I saw the Avengers one and that is an instabuy for me!

Looking forward to the pictures! I ended up ordering him today for (hopefully) release on the 23rd.

The wait is real. Hopefully he comes quicker!

yami4ct

Yeah, it's Gunpla. Trying to get the MG Ez8 and Gouf Custom. HLJ has the cheapest price but they're on backorder.

Bandai is really good at getting regular stockings of GunPla, especially of popular series like HGUC stuff and MGs. It'll probably be restocked with a few weeks. It might take a couple months if you happen to be super far from the restocking, but I highly doubt it'll be near that long.

Good choices. I see watching 8th MS Team is already having a positive impact on your life.

They usually won't take orders if they can't fulfill them. Hell, I recently ordered the Tomoko Nendo from a US retailer that was "Temporarily Out of Stock" for $55 shipped, even though I didn't expect to get one. Lo and behold, a few weeks later there she was on my doorstep.

Holy hell that price. Is it still available for that?

SerTapTap

sweet jesus that face

Thats good to hear, 3 of the items are from 2012 and 1 is from 2011 so hopefully even if it takes awhile they can manage to find them. Sold out anywhere else I've checked.
Grats on your nendo though! That face lol

SerTapTap

Why yes, she is. Again, out of stock, but they're still taking those orders.

Why am I finding new places that sell figs (at apparently good prices) all the time. So hard to track things down at the best price. I might buy that for that ridiculous face part. I'm sure it has...uses

(actually these prices seem mostly bad but this one in particular is oddly low)

Why am I finding new places that sell figs (at apparently good prices) all the time. So hard to track things down at the best price. I might buy that for that ridiculous face part. I'm sure it has...uses

(actually these prices seem mostly bad but this one in particular is oddly low)

I'm pretry sure most people want it for that face. I know that's why I want it. Although I did just finish Watamote yesterday.

Kirin Hobby is another one that goes under a lot of people's radar. It's a US shop, so the prices on imports are a bit higher. But that's where I nabbed my Tekken Christie bishoujo for $65 when she was going for $80-$120 elsewhere.

Dat hometown...

OtnzLL8.gif

SerTapTap

Was Cure not here before? Did I spread the infection?

Kirin Hobby is another one that goes under a lot of people's radar. It's a US shop, so the prices on imports are a bit higher. But that's where I nabbed my Tekken Christie bishoujo for $65 when she was going for $80-$120 elsewhere.

Fuuuuuck, they had a preorder of the Neptune figure by Wing...$200 cheaper than it is on ebay now. Why do I look at old things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom