• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

I'm moving again just before August and I've got 6 figures out. They've been out for a month.... I'm thinking of rotating them so dust buildup isn't terrible haha.

kewlmyc

In my recent move, I was stupid enough not to take all the little rubber things (that go on the rungs of the internal cage) from my Detolf, and ended up losing more than half of them in the process. Went into Ikea last week to see if they had any in their extra parts bins - they didn't - but the lady at customer service took my address and said they'd mail some out to me.

Showed up today - priority post! And now my Detolves are whole again.

Thanks, Ikea. You... you get it.

Did you take the detolf apart or did you just wrap it in bubblewrap.

Next month - HHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGG
gumonshoe1415249198.jpeg

She looks great since they got rid of the chipmunk cheeks that the initial prototype was sporting.

Chance

Did you take the detolf apart or did you just wrap it in bubblewrap.

Took the glass out, left the cage in, layered the glass between big pieces of cardboard like a colossal, fifty-pound sandwich, bound it with duct tape. Went really well aside from the whole "doi, now I'm missing pieces" part.

Einbroch

Banned
So it turns out I'm not moving after all, huzzah! It's not a negative though as things are improving here for me in Indy.

So I want all my stuff back!

Just messing, I gonna use this opportunity to reorganize my figure displays and my computer room.
Nice!

So it turns out I'm not moving after all, huzzah! It's not a negative though as things are improving here for me in Indy.

Just messing, I gonna use this opportunity to reorganize my figure displays and my computer room.

Congratulations!

Ultimadrago

Good to hear, dude! It was good for you to clear some space anyways likely. Prune that collection to its perfect form~

Congrats you don't get to experience the joys of moving!

SerTapTap

She's a pretty good looking prize figure! I assume she's on par with the rest of the Sonico prize figures. She's usually 1k on Manda, great price for her.

Not bad at all, how much is shipping usually though? I got this one for ~$25, it's pretty good for so cheap:

They seem to all have pretty similar quality from the shots I've seen.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Not bad at all, how much is shipping usually though? I got this one for ~$25, it's pretty good for so cheap:

They seem to all have pretty similar quality from the shots I've seen.
Looks great but why is it the only huge flaw I see is the flat face that makes it kinda derpy?

Also what are the different kinds of figures and what they mean? I see prize figures and don't fully understand what that means exactly.

Looks great but why is it the only huge flaw I see is the flat fave that makes it kinda derpy?

Also what are the different kinds of figures and what they mean? I see prize figures and don't fully understand what that means exactly.

Prize figures are generally cheaper quality and are made for Japanese crane machines. Some are still pretty nice and are usually a really good price. I really like prize figures.

SerTapTap

Does Sonico even need an inner tube when she already has inflatables?

It's to (barely) hide the fact that the crotch and butt of her pants are completely destroyed somehow

Looks great but why is it the only huge flaw I see is the flat face that makes it kinda derpy?

Face isn't flat, the lighting is just eliminating her nose/facial structure. I don't have good lighting...or cameras...or camera skills. The quality isn't great, but it's pretty solid, more than acceptable for the $20-30 these generally go for IMO.

In Japan, they have a type of figure that can be won from vending machines, like those crane games, for example. They're not nearly as expensive as the full-sized scale figures that we pay 6-10k+ for. Some of them, like the ones Sega makes, are of excellent quality. Some, not so much. But many of them can be purchased from retailers the same as the rest.

Examples of Prize Figures:

chrono01

How much it would be if it ends up being polystone? 50k? 100k?

100k on an abyssal. Wow.
Honestly, 50k wouldn't surprise me, especially with that "KanColle tax".

No thanks.

Yes please.

She looks nice, but I would have preferred her in a different outfit. That one will take up a lot of space on the shelf, and I'm sure will be costly as hell. -_-

I have Phat Company's version, that's good enough for me. Not a bad-looking figure, though.

[NSFW] Another Meiko! Yessssssssss.
\o/

By Union Creative. Nooooooooooooo.
/o\

Muzicfreq

Banned
In Japan, they have a type of figure that can be won from vending machines, like those crane games, for example. They're not nearly as expensive as the full-sized scale figures that we pay 6-10k+ for. Some of them, like the ones Sega makes, are of excellent quality. Some, not so much. But many of them can be purchased from retailers the same as the rest.

Examples of Prize Figures:

It's to (barely) hide the fact that the crotch and butt of her pants are completely destroyed somehow

Face isn't flat, the lighting is just eliminating her nose/facial structure. I don't have good lighting...or cameras...or camera skills. The quality isn't great, but it's pretty solid, more than acceptable for the $20-30 these generally go for IMO.

Prize figures are generally cheaper quality and are made for Japanese crane machines. Some are still pretty nice and are usually a really good price. I really like prize figures.
Thanks for clearing this up for me 😀

Acid08

Banned
She looks nice, but I would have preferred her in a different outfit. That one will take up a lot of space on the shelf, and I'm sure will be costly as hell. -_-

I have Phat Company's version, that's good enough for me. Not a bad-looking figure, though.

I mean, it's really the only other major outfit that has no figure. Love that they're making it.

Quick update of my set up. Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera/lighting is terrible.

Desk:

Bookshelf:

Unfortunately all I have is a bookshelf. Going to look into more storage soon. It's pretty crowded, especially my robot shelf.

For a second I thought that was the Soul of Chogokin Gunbuster, but the SRC is the next best thing.

Yaari

Was thinking I'd order Sayaka & Kyouko from N-Y. Using Trans-Logistic, it turned out to be 286 EUR if I included PayPal fees. That's insane.

Acid08

Banned
Y'know, after seeing user pictures of that Nami Mugiwara Ver 2, I think I can safely pass on it. Looks decent but I'm not a fan of the face and the paint on her shorts looks pretty bad. Just kinda mediocre all around, no way worth the asking price.

Y'know, after seeing user pictures of that Nami Mugiwara Ver 2, I think I can safely pass on it. Looks decent but I'm not a fan of the face and the paint on her shorts looks pretty bad. Just kinda mediocre all around, no way worth the asking price.

MegaHouse exclusives are never worth the asking price.
MegaHouse standard releases are barely worth the asking price
. Look at those Yamato exclusives - 12k ON TOP of the 10k membership fee for that Yamato 2199 club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom