• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah, makes me sad though as I've basically run out of wall space and they keep releasing more and more of those Love Live poster sets lol My two closet friends aren't into figures, they like anime but they think figures are a waste of money but they enjoy looking at them at least. As for family members my mother know I collect and finds them nice but she doesn't really like the pervy ones (She sneered at me when she saw the Sena cat figures chest lol) and most of family is very religious so if my grandmother came over I'd have to hide anything that shows any skin lol One time I did have a building inspector come over and they had to inspect my apartment It was kinda awkward but the guy was cool about it and enjoyed them.

So overall while at first I may feel awkward if someone comes over whom I dont know how they'll react I haven't really had any negative experience. I have a antique display cabinet in my living room that has all my Tales of figures and my statement pieces that I feel perfectly fine with anyone seeing.

Thanks! was really great to unbox and set up all those figures from my massive loot. Some of the shelfs are temporary as I dont have enough of a certain anime to fit the shelfs theme (aka the To love ru, Love live she's are mostly empty as it's reserved for future figures from those series) but they are mostly set by themes and I especially love the Haganai detolf!

Thanks! Glad you liked it, nice to finally have it set up.

Your themed shelves are very cool. I hope to do something similar with my Gundam, KLK, K-On, Danganronpa, Madoka and Persona stuff.

That's one sweet room setup Colette. Well done. Now fill those detolfs!

Thanks! and they will be nice and full by the time summer has arrived lol
I'm not sure if anyone noticed but I taped together 2 pieces of standard printer paper and placed them on each of the glass shelfs, not only does it hide the led lights that are hanging underneath but it makes the shelf look like its actually white and matches the white wood of the kallax/detolf

how did they make those bunnygirl figures for everyone but Rika...

Maybe one day, just believe! :D

Hey! Where are the dakis?!

I don't own any Daki pillow stuffing :O so I'm waiting until my april AmmiAmi order as that's the release date for the smoot knit type daki stuffing so I was waiting before I add them to the bed lol but if you want full size pictures of the empty daki's I can do that tomorrow!

dayam, so cozy. what LED lights are those?
Yeah my bedroom's pretty cozy not too big but not super tiny, and those are the multi color diodor http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50192365/ even though they are 2700 like the pure white dioder they have no yelloish tint at all and they have a nice cool white look.

Keep on going, the themed stuff is pretty cool.
Thanks, a few of the shelves had no themes because I either didn't have enough of a series to make a theme or just were waiting for pre-orders to come in so I just threw random figures in there.

Your themed shelves are very cool. I hope to do something similar with my Gundam, KLK, K-On, Danganronpa, Madoka and Persona stuff.
Thanks! and I look forward to seeing them when it's done!

Thanks! and they will be nice and full by the time summer has arrived lol
I'm not sure if anyone noticed but I taped together 2 pieces of standard printer paper and placed them on each of the glass shelfs, not only does it hide the led lights that are hanging underneath but it makes the shelf look like its actually white and matches the white wood of the kallax/detolf

Maybe one day, just believe! :D

I don't own any Daki pillow stuffing :O so I'm waiting until my april AmmiAmi order as that's the release date for the smoot knit type daki stuffing so I was waiting before I add them to the bed lol but if you want full size pictures of the empty daki's I can do that tomorrow!

Yeah my bedroom's pretty cozy not too big but not super tiny, and those are the multi color diodor http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50192365/ even though they are 2700 like the pure white dioder they have no yelloish tint at all and they have a nice cool white look.

Thanks, a few of the shelves had no themes because I either didn't have enough of a series to make a theme or just were waiting for pre-orders to come in so I just threw random figures in there.

Thanks! and I look forward to seeing them when it's done!

you can get cheap pillows at royalpillows

http://www.royalpillow.com/

The quality is okay, but you can't expect the best shit with that kind of price.

Yaari

Cool. So is the KALLAX reliable with the Detolf then? That might be a great solution. I still need to be sure though, I'd sleep bad if there was a chance of the glass tower collapsing haha.

Colette, does your mother know about a certain Kirino coming that way soon? Hahaha..
Looked her up again, saw that Kuroneko teaser, wish I could have lewd figures. :(

kewlmyc

True - though she is equally smexy in a well-taken still.

myrenzia1422429473.jpeg

The cone is ugly as hell, but she's easily in the top 10 figures I own despite that. She's really great. You all better get the rerelease if you don't already have her.

kewlmyc

Cool. So is the KALLAX reliable with the Detolf then? That might be a great solution. I still need to be sure though, I'd sleep bad if there was a chance of the glass tower collapsing haha.

Colette, does your mother know about a certain Kirino coming that way soon? Hahaha..
Looked her up again, saw that Kuroneko teaser, wish I could have lewd figures. :(

I haven't seen anyone crying in anger yet, so I might go with that when I decide to raise my 3 detolfs. It's between Kallax or this.

you can get cheap pillows at royalpillows

http://www.royalpillow.com/

The quality is okay, but you can't expect the best shit with that kind of price.

Thanks for the link!
Last year I did buy a cheap body pillow off ebay went I was still starting out collecting and bought a cheap custom daki and just didn't like it. So I figured this time I'd get a fancier one on amiami make for the smooth knit daki covers.

Nice set up! What server do you play FFXIV on?

Thanks! and I'm actually on a bit of a break from FF but I will be starting back right after easter. My close friend started playing and they want me to transfer to Balmung so that's the server I'll be on when I'm back.

Great set up.

Thank you!

Yaari

I haven't seen anyone crying in anger yet, so I might go with that when I decide to raise my 3 detolfs. It's between Kallax or this.

Kallax definitely looks better then. Well, we're planning on changing up my room a bit so when I do get more detolfs and there's still no report of a collapse, I guess I'll give it a go.

Thanks for the link!
Last year I did buy a cheap body pillow off ebay went I was still starting out collecting and bought a cheap custom daki and just didn't like it. So I figured this time I'd get a fancier one on amiami make for the smooth knit daki covers.

Thanks! and I'm actually on a bit of a break from FF but I will be starting back right after easter. My close friend started playing and they want me to transfer to Balmung so that's the server I'll be on when I'm back.

Thank you!

heard the best is the aj something something pillow but its not on amiami. its some other store.

I've only had it since saturday so it's way too early for me to know how long it'll last but I see no sagging or anything in that time. The top is actually thicker then I thought and seems to be holding up pretty well.

as for my mother I moved out last summer so I no longer live with her but she does come over sometimes and at the time that sena figure was right in my living room lol but she'll probably see that Kirino figure one day haha
I saw that teaser for kuroneko too, if Kirino comes out really nice (I hope with that price lol) I may just get her too so Kirino's not alone :p

Wow, pretty awesome.

Thanks!

heard the best is the aj something something pillow but its not on amiami. its some other store.

Ah thanks again! Just gotta wait until the ami one if released and see how nice it feels.

Muzicfreq

Banned
>.< I want to see how my new room is set up so I know what I will be working with later this year.
Right now I'm in a room that to fit my stuff in there I have to stack to the ceiling. That and for any good airflow I need my ceiling fan to circulate the air out and a small fan to intake cold air from the rest of the house.
Sadly I ended up just boxing my figures back up to prevent the constant dust war.

Einbroch

Banned
Been trying to see if GSC is holding something hostage having an exclusive on their shop. And I imagine their site is basically crashing.

ex_01_13.jpg

Comes with a cute rubber strap. Decisions decisions.

Rubber stamp ain't worth ~2k after the forced EMS and probable 1k discount at AmiAmi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom