• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to the review shitstorm from a few years back. I don't like Uncharted 3 at all.

I understand now.

tumblr_ljxmorV5x31qh31oq.gif
bfa_thumbs-up_simple-black_128x128.png

The Uncharted series is mega boring.

I'd rather have Uncharted than any other Sony created exclusive. That's why I am waiting for U4 to release to get my PS4. Uncharted is the only recent Sony game that I have fun playing. The rest is either boring or crap (Killzone, Demon Souls/Bloodborne, GT, Infamous, Resistance, Knack, God of War, etc).

Chance

Third party is ruling the new gen at the moment. Alien: Isolation, FC4, DA:I, Dying Light... Some real gems, so far.

And this year... Persona 5...

Giolon

So good but that Bishoujou face still ruins it.

yea, I don't like the face that much.

Agreed. A number of Bishoujou faces irk me in general, but Juri's face is really not doing it for me.

All ya'll people that don't like Juri's face are crazy people! :)~ So sinister, and so delectable!

It looks like a bad pinup. Which is the point I suppose, they are for the US audience but I don't like how they look in 3D.

Juri's face is one of the better bishoujos recently. If you don't like it, that's ok, you just don't like Shunya's style. Seeing how his faces all look the same to a certain extent, it can be easy to get sick of his style if it doesn't appeal to you. But if you don't like Juri it's unlikely you'd find any of his other figure's faces any better.

Shunya's style is one of my favorites, so I'm generally inclined to really enjoy when his faces are more faithfully translated to 3D like Bishoujo Juri here or Spider Woman, or Shuraki Nida. When they get sculpts unrepresentative of his style, like Chun-Li it leaves me disappointed. Even that said, Juri's face doesn't look quite right from some angles. Still love it on the whole though!

Can't wait to see more of your pics of her. Mine won't get to me anytime soon.

You cray. That face is gorgeous.

Giolon, make sure you post more pics so I can live vicariously through you. :(

I liked Juri's face, would buy if I could.

Can't wait till I get her in April.

Thanks folks. More pics will come later in the week, probably after I get my new mini-tripod on Thursday!

Wanderer5

Wouldn't mind if they come to Fanime too this year, so it'll give me more of a reason to go.

Looking forward to what will sell out in 2 hours and the line will be 3 hours long before opening exclusives they'll have for AX!

Lol, I might look into getting Lucina or another figure from their AX booth this year. Didn't they have Snow Miku 2013 last year? Wonder if they will have 2014 this year, through it is going to sell out so fast.X3

SerTapTap

FFS. I'm looking for a figure that was sold as a limited edition item with an LE blu ray set, everyone on ebay that includes the figure in their pictures/titles has been lying about it so far (I always ask before I buy, all 3 said it was a "mistake" and the one I bought was "out of stock" and refunded). They must have all just copied each other's inaccurate titles/pictures.

meijiko

Some news for those going to Sakura-Con

10308217_785923624824292_1356193770558370935_n.jpg

Nothing I need this year, yay. I miiiiiight pick up a Snow Miku nendo if I'm feeling the itch, but I dunno. I don't love her enough.

Hoping GSC at AX is this benign for me. Spending my entire premier hour (and then some) on Thursday in the GSC line last year was awful.

Giolon

Nothing I need this year, yay. I miiiiiight pick up a Snow Miku nendo if I'm feeling the itch, but I dunno. I don't love her enough.

Hoping GSC at AX is this benign for me. Spending my entire premier hour (and then some) on Thursday in the GSC line last year was awful.

Ugh...the AX GSC line (and Aniplex line) were so terrible.

All ya'll people that don't like Juri's face are crazy people! :)~ So sinister, and so delectable!

Koto really nailed it, perfectly faithful to the source art.
Juri is probably the most overtly sexual piece since Catwoman, so I'm not at all surprised by the strong reaction.
The only nitpick that I have and I've since found I like is that she's slightly out of scale with the other bishoujos, like Mara Jade but not quite as much as Ms. Marvel.
I'm ok with it, because I would like larger figures.

Ugh...the AX GSC line (and Aniplex line) were so terrible.

I don't remember the GSC line being that bad last year. Then again, I only lined up on Friday, like an hour after the hall opened and half the stuff was already sold out by then. XP

Don't think I can handle just the lines just waiting for the exhibit halls to open before even considering the GSC lines afterwards, heh

Yaari

Nice Black Cat. I was pretty close to starting a collection on those Campbell statues as well. In the end I didn't. Probably better for my wallet.

Not feeling the sword dudes yet.

Yeah that would be cool. Please do.

Sure! as soon as it comes in (If there are no delays then it'll arrive first week of may) I'll do a review and link it for you!

FFS. I'm looking for a figure that was sold as a limited edition item with an LE blu ray set, everyone on ebay that includes the figure in their pictures/titles has been lying about it so far (I always ask before I buy, all 3 said it was a "mistake" and the one I bought was "out of stock" and refunded). They must have all just copied each other's inaccurate titles/pictures.

The Neptune Nendoroid?

Colette knows what's up

Woo!

Look in between her boobs and neck. It's super flat.

Also I know people are hyped and I really loved Kill la Kill but something just looks off to me.

I don't really know anything about the figure unfortunately I was just making a joke as you said "Too flat chested" which is a blasphemous statement lol but yeah from that picture the area above her chest seems to be a bit too smooth and flat but her chest itself seems big and fine.

SerTapTap

The Neptune Nendoroid?
Yes, at this point I assume no one is actually selling it with the blu ray set. Which I guess makes sense, the nendo itself is going for as much as the blu ray set. What doesn't make sense is charging so much extra for 7 when it's missing the primary point of appeal.

Also I know people are hyped and I really loved Kill la Kill but something just looks off to me.

It looks exactly the same, or as close as PVC will allow. There's a definite difference in the bing-bongs. The anime ver. looks pillowy, and the PVC looks more like implants would.

I think it's because in the actual anime those yellow trapezoid thingies were meant to look like Senketsu's bared teeth. Reinforcing the idea that he was fully awakened and had a commanding presence. On the figure, they kind of meet as an "X" and it ruins the imagery.

Also, I just noticed the "bunny ears" on Ryuko's headband are meant to look like Senketsu's eyebrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom