• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Finally bought my first Amiibo. This new peach is a lot better than the original one.

61KedO8H75L.jpg

Giolon

^---perfect response
Finally bought my first Amiibo. This new peach is a lot better than the original one.

Wow, that really is a lot better!

In tangentially related news, I got some a new tripod and rail parts to use w/ my camera:

My old tripod is the segmented GorillaPod in the back. While better than shooting by hand, it is non-rigid enough to cause lots of issues with macro photography. Pressing the shutter on the camera is enough pressure to cause a movement or change in position of the camera. The ball-head screw doesn't tighten enough to prevent gravity from tilting the camera down a bit after letting go of it.

I bought a nice new normal tabletop tripod w/ ball-head mount and some Arca swiss compatible (i.e. nearly universal) plates and rails. The rails allow me to make small adjustments the position of the camera w/o having to move the whole tripod, and the L-bracket there is for the ability to mount the camera in portrait orientation like the 2nd picture shows. A friend let me play with his similar equipment earlier in the week at our office and the difference lining up and locking in shots was almost night and day.

tl;dr - I bought some new toys to make it easier to take nice figure photos!

Bombless

^---perfect response

Wow, that really is a lot better!

In tangentially related news, I got some a new tripod and rail parts to use w/ my camera:

My old tripod is the segmented GorillaPod in the back. While better than shooting by hand, it is non-rigid enough to cause lots of issues with macro photography. Pressing the shutter on the camera is enough pressure to cause a movement or change in position of the camera. The ball-head screw doesn't tighten enough to prevent gravity from tilting the camera down a bit after letting go of it.

I bought a nice new normal tabletop tripod w/ ball-head mount and some Arca swiss compatible (i.e. nearly universal) plates and rails. The rails allow me to make small adjustments the position of the camera w/o having to move the whole tripod, and the L-bracket there is for the ability to mount the camera in portrait orientation like the 2nd picture shows. A friend let me play with his similar equipment earlier in the week at our office and the difference lining up and locking in shots was almost night and day.

tl;dr - I bought some new toys to make it easier to take nice figure photos!

The notion of even better Giolon pics pleases me greatly.

I actually really like this figure for the most part. If she had even just a little more clothing on, I'd totally get it.

well i think it was the goodsmile racing miku hosted in the philipines near a beach so it wouldn't make much sense if she had more clothes lol. Thats why its called sepang edition or whatever

HItman84

Neo Member
So apparently the Mail Man left My samurai recolor. that took a month and a half to get here, outside on the front steps and someone just walked off with it. Status shows delivered but it's no where to be found

kierwynn

well i think it was the goodsmile racing miku hosted in the philipines near a beach so it wouldn't make much sense if she had more clothes lol. Thats why its called sepang edition or whatever

Nah, I know, I mean it makes sense, I just don't personally like figures so "lewd" but I like everything else about it! Though, I feel I may soon break my no swimsuits thing, so maybe when I do...

HItman84

Neo Member
Weird, that always requires a signature for me.

It's registered mail when it hits the states, hell the tracking is more about signature confirmation then anything, so it's supposed to.
The stupid thing is all of our carriers, fedex and UPS leave stuff, but they ALWAYS leave stuff in the back of the house, where people aren't gonna just go prowling for stuff.
That's what really pisses me off, if you're gonna leave a package don't leave it out front.

Acid08

Banned
So apparently the Mail Man left My samurai recolor. that took a month and a half to get here, outside on the front steps and someone just walked off with it. Status shows delivered but it's no where to be found

Yikes dude, that fucking sucks. Hopefully you get a replacement/refund.

My last big Ami order was shipped EMS and had always required a signature before. Imagine my surprise when I pull up to my house and see the huge box with a couple hundred dollars worth of goods just sitting on my porch. First time that had ever happened.

HItman84

Neo Member
Yikes dude, that fucking sucks. Hopefully you get a replacement/refund.

My last big Ami order was shipped EMS and had always required a signature before. Imagine my surprise when I pull up to my house and see the huge box with a couple hundred dollars worth of goods just sitting on my porch. First time that had ever happened.

not sure whats up, emailed post office, waiting for a response. Not sure if I should contact amiami before or after. Also she's now sold out. pretty unhappy

LiK

wow, that sucks. it was Registered SAL right? that requires a signature so make sure to let the post know when you file a claim.

i've had Registered SAL and EMS packages left on my doorstep before but my neighborhood is relatively safe so i haven't bothered complaining.

By following Japan Customs Export guidelines, we are not able to undervalue on custom declaration for any shipments.

Customs duty may be charged when the package arrives at the customs in your country.
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.

Thank you for your understanding.
mandarake nnnoooo D:

Is it really a thing in America to leave parcels on your doorstep? Seems really weird, I'm surprised more parcels don't get stolen.

In England regardless of if it's registered or not you still need to be given the parcel personally by the postman or pick it up from the depot.

chrono01

That's awful.

I hope everything works out okay for you!

yami4ct

Is it really a thing in America to leave parcels on your doorstep? Seems really weird, I'm surprised more parcels don't get stolen.

In England regardless of if it's registered or not you still need to be given the parcel personally by the postman or pick it up from the depot.

Depends heavily on where you live, but mostly yes it's a thing. If you live at an apartment complex with a front desk (or a dorm, my only experience with that) they'll leave it there. Otherwise it's at your door. I believe in some areas they won't leave your package out in the open and if you aren't there or have like a covered porch and you'll have to pick it up, but I haven't lived in one of those ares yet.

And package theft is definitely a thing. It's not as big of a thing as you'd might think, but it definitely leads to people putting security cameras on their front porch to catch thieves in the act. Luckily I live in a rural area so theft is very much not an issue.

srst

Same here in Canada for all carriers. I'd be so paranoid if they did that here.

Zerojul

Same in France... Theoretically. Doesn't stop the guy from leaving stuff on my doorstep more often than not. Good thing I live on the top floor of a nice building in a nice neighborhood, otherwise I would have much less figures and games and stuff than I have now.
Complaining about it at the post office or by phone didn't change anything.

We have a SAL gif, now we need an Alter gif.

Yeah lol unfortunately we probably wont see her until at least 2016, she doesn't even have a prototype yet and alters black heart is still unpainted.

Oooh. Looks like it's time I should watch Shinmai Maou no Testament....
Much better than that balloon-chest figure of the other girl in the show.

I like big boobs too, but this one just looks absurdly dumb.

Not sure who she is but have her as wished on MFC, really nice sculpt as well as yay for more flat figures! lol

Oooh. Looks like it's time I should watch Shinmai Maou no Testament....

Much better than that balloon-chest figure of the other girl in the show.

I like big boobs too, but this one just looks absurdly dumb.

Eh, I don't like flat chested figures. In real life they look awesome, but on figures? Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom