• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh.... my heart...... and I thought we were besties .·´¯`(>&#9602;<)´¯`·.

jonathantornado.gif

I like them in real life, just not in figures.

Ban Puncher

Amongst my monthly order that was delivered today, I received the 'Sekai Seifuku Sakusen - Sailor Moon: Usagi Tsukino 1/10' figure.

FIGURE-009399_01.jpg

Holy fucking fighting evil by motherfucking moonlight, 1/10 is microscopic. 5000 Yen for this? Get outta here. Don't think I'll be adding to the set.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So apparently the Mail Man left My samurai recolor. that took a month and a half to get here, outside on the front steps and someone just walked off with it. Status shows delivered but it's no where to be found

That sucks, hope you can at least get reimbursed.

Currently having issues with getting opened mail from the royal mail, my Sideshow pin was opened with nothing inside and I've had a few cards from family show up that were opened as if the opener was looking for money out of them. Sideshows sent a replacement for the first pin, while the second pin hasn't shown up at all, even though I got the first opened with nothing in it last Friday. Hell even the figure I got from Kewl that came with the royal mail looked like someone opened it and resealed it.

I wanted to accost the postman, and my wife talked me out of it, she wants to wait and see if it happens again and contact the royal mail about it.

mandarake nnnoooo D:

I saw that last night, and was gonna ask you guys if this was new or always there and I just missed it, but I forgot.

I guess it's new.

Manda had another Marie Starless figure up for 22k, but paying shipping, customs, and handling fee and her would make her over £170.

It was good while it lasted, pretty soon I'll be buying way less if I have to eat customs fees on everything.

Stay free Yodel.

I saw that last night, and was gonna ask you guys if this was new or always there and I just missed it, but I forgot.

I guess it's new.

Manda had another Marie Starless figure up for 22k, but paying shipping, customs, and handling fee and her would make her over £170.

It was good while it lasted, pretty soon I'll be buying way less if I have to eat customs fees on everything.

It seems like they will still undervalue if you ask them to and are willing to take responsibility, but they don't automatically do it like they used to. In some countries parcels with suspisciously low values cause problems for the recipient, so I think it's just because of that.

It seems like they will still undervalue if you ask them to and are willing to take responsibility, but they don't automatically do it like they used to. In some countries parcels with suspisciously low values cause problems for the recipient, so I think it's just because of that.

Hopefully this is the case, I don't mind taking responsability.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

LOL, like that's safe...

Stay free Yodel.

I'll keep that in mind, still the end of an era. Since I walked from NY, there is only the Jungle left, and they really don't get that much stuff in.

--------------

Of course since I just complained about it, the second Sideshow pin showed up unmolested. Also my plamoya customs ransom note, and amiami looking for payment...Today is a day of bills!

StayDead

AhJmuyH.png

I was creating this Silent Hill-worthy abomination when her right arm snapped at the shoulder.
This is the second problem I've had with the same figma, making that two breakage problems ever in my entire figure collecting career. Poor Ritsu.
So that's why she's an amputee currently. Supergluing.
Mm3DJOz.jpg

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Holy crap, 5 stuff that I bought came in the same day.

All taxed. Not even the 1200 yen amiibos were safe.

Hah. Yeah, I had that once where several packages were under the taxable value, but when they saw a bunch of those at the same time, they combined the values.

RMI

Banned
Was registered SAL, sent an email to the post office, not sure if I should contact amiami as well.

Really, really sucks. You should go to your post office in person. If they don't have your signature for a registered package then they fucked up big time. Don't wait for them to respond via email.

I've had my carrier drop off registered packages before and it really pisses me off. Luckily I live in a very safe neighborhood.

cajunator

Banned
Is it really a thing in America to leave parcels on your doorstep? Seems really weird, I'm surprised more parcels don't get stolen.

In England regardless of if it's registered or not you still need to be given the parcel personally by the postman or pick it up from the depot.

Mailman usually leaves it by the back door hidden by the garage. nobody knows its there.

Are CharaForm figures worth the price? They're nendos that can't move, but have the same price.

I'm asking this because if they're not really great I'll probably cancel my Chrom pre-order.

Just got a mail from Ami saying my I-401 corrected parts have been dispatched. Panicked at first as I thought it was an expensive order I might have forgotten about! :S

dVGiMiR.png

Not sure how 9k at the beginning of the month turns into 28k.

It's a mystery.

I could say the same about what happened to me, but in my case it isn't a mystery. This is what fucked me over:

----

Just got off the phone with the PO, the taxes aren't that high to be honest (because they were amiibos, for fuck's sake), but one thing is still a mystery: paid the same for two amiibos (shipping + price), they got shipped separately from two stores (Nippon Yasan and AmiAmi). The NY got taxed more.

Ban Puncher

I'm sure glad I live in a country where if whatever you import is under $1000, you get taxed squat.

I remember when it used to be $250 though. Dark, costly times indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom