• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way up north where they drink Um Bongo
A bloke called George was sitting in his condo
Designed a ship for the Japanese all pronto
Then said, "I know, I'll call it a Kongou!"
A Kongou a Kongou. Lived in England no longo.
All parts sent to Japan, the last built by the gaijin
Fought in World War II, then sunk by a submarine
And then 100 years later anthropomorphised as a ship gal
YES! That's the silly billy one they call a Kongou!

That was beautiful.

slowclap.jpeg

iJ02bjlyQmCtS.png
Reads the Mushoku Tensei manga/light novel, found Chrono's new waifu XP

Josephl64

Kancolle anime is no good... already too much abyssal screen time
I kid, but I love the main cast so much more

Seems people here don't collect plushies. I was going to start with that giant "substitute" pokemon doll thing Sakurai had during a direct, but it turned out that it was quite expensive

Theonik

Bought it from japan-best.com for 9k used.
So first time I hear of them so question.
Are they reliable? Chances of bootlegs? I am looking to get the complete set of Dog Days nendoroids and ordered the Rico one from Mandarake, they have the other two I need for 5 and 6k yen respectively new. They are old ones 180s and 260s numbers.

omlet

Your avatar reminds me that I want this garage kit to be made into an official PVC release - http://myfigurecollection.net/item/269588

I tend to not like that kind of bunnygirl outfit, on anyone, but wow she's really cute.
Are they reliable? Chances of bootlegs? I am looking to get the complete set of Dog Days nendoroids and ordered the Rico one from Mandarake, they have the other two I need for 5 and 6k yen respectively new. They are old ones 180s and 260s numbers.

If you don't want to wait for a good price on mandarake or amiami, I recommend you at least consider just buying from an amazon marketplace seller. Since these nendos aren't from highly popular series, their prices aren't jacked up over there. I got my Leon for $44 and Millhiore for $50 with free shipping. I got my Rico from Mandarake for 2k but I got her with something else so I saved on shipping and dodged their 500 handling fee. She's $27 with free shipping on amazon from a credible seller which is gonna beat mandarake's price (which will be $30 after s/h unless you are bundling her with something else).
Edit: Oh, derp, you already ordered Rico. Well, anyway. Carry on.

Theonik

If you don't want to wait for a good price on mandarake or amiami, I recommend you at least consider just buying from an amazon marketplace seller. Since these nendos aren't from highly popular series, their prices aren't jacked up over there. I got my Leon for $44 and Millhiore for $50 with free shipping. I got my Rico from Mandarake for 2k but I got her with something else so I saved on shipping and dodged their 500 handling fee. She's $27 with free shipping on amazon from a credible seller which is gonna beat mandarake's price (which will be $30 after s/h unless you are bundling her with something else).
Thanks I didn't think of amazon for the moment but wouldn't that also carry the risk of bootlegs? Also too late on Rico. I could have bundled her too but I messed up and paid right before I saw the Dog Days figures on your MFC.

Also messed up the address on the other figure so I'm hoping I can fix it. (fuck you Mandarake PayPal tool)

Edit: Amazon is pretty much same price as that shop. Hmmmm

omlet

Thanks I didn't think of amazon for the moment but wouldn't that also carry the risk of bootlegs? Also too late on Rico. I could have bundled her too but I messed up and paid right before I saw the Dog Days figures on your MFC.

Also messed up the address on the other figure so I'm hoping I can fix it. (fuck you Mandarake PayPal tool)
Huh? Not sure what you mean since I'm not selling mine.

Anyway, about Amazon marketplace, just don't buy from a Chinese/Taiwan seller or anyone with poor/no feedback if they sound fishy. Dog Days nendos don't have reported bootlegs on MFC so your chances of getting a bootleg of these are slim, and if it happens, you raise hell with Amazon.

Theonik

Huh? Not sure what you mean since I'm not selling mine.
I only have like 4 people there so I was perusing your lists picking at things and saw that Eclair was just late as was I.

Anyway, about Amazon marketplace, just don't buy from a Chinese/Taiwan seller or anyone with poor/no feedback if they sound fishy. Dog Days nendos don't have reported bootlegs on MFC so your chances of getting a bootleg of these are slim, and if it happens, you raise hell with Amazon.
I guess I should go for it.

omlet

I only have like 4 people there so I was perusing your lists picking at things and saw that Eclair was just late as was I.

Oh, I see. Yeah, Eclair is like the best girl and seemed like such an obvious nendo pick (I mean, Rico got one...). We're on season 3 of Dog Days now, for cryin' out loud! Despite the depressing lack of Eclair, I got the other DD nendos anyway because they're cute (and they have !chocobos, which is awesome) and tried to not think about the fact that Eclair wasn't there with them. Then GSC did that figure request survey and Eclair was on the top of my nendo list and next thing I know she's getting announced at WonFes'15 and, well, now I'm happyyyyyyy.

Edit: To be honest, I bet you're not the only one scrambling for the other Dog Days nendos now that Eclair got announced lol. Actually I know for a fact that at least one other member here is doing the same..........

Theonik

Took about an hour and a half to build, and 5 seconds to put the stickers on poorly:
I'm getting to old for tiny print, build by numbers kit, next time I'll just pay for a scale version instead.
Get spruce cutters plz

Oh, I see. Yeah, Eclair is like the best girl and seemed like such an obvious nendo pick (I mean, Rico got one...). Despite the depressing lack of Eclair, I got the other DD nendos anyway because they're cute (and they have !chocobos, which is awesome) and tried to not think about the fact that Eclair wasn't there with them. Then GSC did that figure request survey and Eclair was on the top of my nendo list and next thing I know she's getting announced at WonFes'15 and, well, now I'm happyyyyyyy.
You generally sound to have good taste. But right here you seemed to have implied that Rico is bad. You wouldn't do that would you?

omlet

You generally sound to have good taste. But right here you seemed to have implied that Rico is bad. You wouldn't do that would you?

Nah, Rico is really cute in the show and I like her nendo and all her little artillery cannons a lot.

But she's not Eclair.

Starting with Millhi and Leon nendos makes sense, but Rico seems like kind of a strange pick for a third. If they were gonna stop at 3 DD nendos, why was Eclair not the third?

But now we're getting Eclair so all is fine. The other silver lining in her being so LTTP is she's post-300 meaning she'll have the nice new box style (which is just great)!

omlet

Oh, and before I forget:
Way up north where they drink Um Bongo
A bloke called George was sitting in his condo
Designed a ship for the Japanese all pronto
Then said, "I know, I'll call it a Kongou!"
A Kongou a Kongou. Lived in England no longo.
All parts sent to Japan, the last built by the gaijin
Fought in World War II, then sunk by a submarine
And then 100 years later anthropomorphised as a ship gal
YES! That's the silly billy one they call a Kongou!

vlfMhh7.gif

They are partners with MFC so they should be legit *crosses finger*. The only problem I have is that it took them almost 2 weeks to get everything ready before shipping my item >.<

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Nah, Rico is really cute in the show and I like her nendo and all her little artillery cannons a lot.

But she's not Eclair.

Starting with Millhi and Leon nendos makes sense, but Rico seems like kind of a strange pick for a third. If they were gonna stop at 3 DD nendos, why was Eclair not the third?

But now we're getting Eclair so all is fine. The other silver lining in her being so LTTP is she's post-300 meaning she'll have the nice new box style (which is just great)!

Rico's really cute. I'm so getting a Couvert Nendoroid if they ever make one though!

JUST LOOK AT THAT BUSHY TAIL

omlet

Rico's really cute. I'm so getting a Couvert Nendoroid if they ever make one though!

After season 2 came out it became clear that Cou-sama is the nendo we all want but don't deserve. I hope she's next after Eclair D:

*The conversation will be about something you know about any time now.*

*Any time.

In the meantime, I wish I had more time for animes.

Look at you, trying so hard to hang onto that number one spot. But I'll get it back eventually. NO ESCAPE.

That looks good. I recall the scale version being absurdly priced. I passed on it.

Yeah, it was like 25k or some insane shit. And it was the same size as the kit.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Wasn't the price-difference between the two insane, tho?
Yeah, not as insane as HT Ultron prime is, but yeah it was in the too pricey range...

Get spruce cutters plz

I have them, and I used them, they still don't cut so cleanly that you don't need to file down the excess plastic. They were also thicker spruce bits then a gundam kit would typically have. I'll clean it up on a rainy day, but for now my eyes are shot just building it...

Looks great, good job there.
Thanks...

That looks good. I recall the scale version being absurdly priced. I passed on it.

Thanks, and I think everyone passed on the scale version...
Did the scale actually come out yet?

Ryuuroden

After season 2 came out it became clear that Cou-sama is the nendo we all want but don't deserve. I hope she's next after Eclair D:

I just started watching dog days last weekend because I checked out an ep from season 3 and was like "shhhit this is fun and cute as hell". I am now midway thru season 2. Show is golden.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Oh my lord what is this adorable bushy tail wag from?

Took about an hour and a half to build, and 5 seconds to put the stickers on poorly:

I'm getting to old for tiny print, build by numbers kit, next time I'll just pay for a scale version instead.

Looks really great! Kit building should be therapeutic and fun. :) Never a race!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Like I said in the other thread - Avengers tax. $375 for a 16" figure is bullshit when PF's range between 18-22" for about that much.

Ultron Prime is $4 less then Queen of the Dead, that's some bullshit of the highest order.

Looks really great! Kit building should be therapeutic and fun. :) Never a race!

I Agree, and it was fun while it lasted, I wasn't really trying to race to be fast, I've got a 3 year old who would love to help daddy at all the wrong times, so I had to get it done after he went to bed. It was more an over enthusiastic rush job...

Yay, waitlist converting is always awesome news...
I didn't even know Machiko sold out at the pre-order level. How low was her edition size?

The reg is 1000 iirc.
So, I have WW EX, Power Girl EX, Vampirella, Kier, Pinhead, Machiko and Emma Frost... Lady Death will be this week and I'm looking at Gethsemoni right now.
I want Batman, too.

Haha, c'mon. I'm reading more here about how to take better pictures, I had a class/course in the past but getting updated is always good, unless you're an electronic product.
Yeah but conversation is pretty much always just "I preordered X amount of figures, GAF plz halp", which is fine and fun to read, I just cant contribute much haha.

Edit: Glad to hear you are learning how to take better photos though! Every potato in this thread is a missed opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom