• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

The customs charge is 20% of the value of the package if it's above £15(?) IIRC and then you'll add the handling fees of the logistic service you use. Royal Mail is £8, not sure about parcel force but think they charge like £17(?).

So if you passed that £15 value you'll get charge an extra £11 which is about 73-74% of what your item is worth =(

Not only that but it's totally random. Sometimes your stuff with go through customs fine. Then other times every single one of your parcels gets caught.

I LOVE CUSTOMS IN THIS COUNTRY please don't check my parcels k

Guys, vote for me as PM and I'll raise the cap to £100.

Take away customs charges and you've got a deal. You shouldn't have to pay money to buy something from somewhere else. Could you imagine if you got "tesco charged" if you brought something from sainsburys?

The customs charge is 20% of the value of the package if it's above £15(?) IIRC and then you'll add the handling fees of the logistic service you use. Royal Mail is £8, not sure about parcel force but think they charge like £17(?).

So if you passed that £15 value you'll get charge an extra £11 which is about 73-74% of what your item is worth =(

That sucks butt. Not the nice kind of butts either.

hIE1422025803.jpeg

Why do I just know Parcelforce are gonna have a field day with the customs on her... *weeps*

Ioo97BP.gif

*Imagines this as TPB's reaction when he gets the infamous Parcel Force customs letter*
;___; Just think of the bright side that yours won't be as bad as Baka Zeitgeist's Guts' charge =P

Well they once overcharged me around £300 in duty for a Vita TV, they'll have to go some to beat that. Let's just say I don't have much faith in their abilities to correctly assess items.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Take away customs charges and you've got a deal. You shouldn't have to pay money to buy something from somewhere else. Could you imagine if you got "tesco charged" if you brought something from sainsburys?
I don't mind the concept of paying tax so money feeds back into our economy, I just think the handling fee is ridiculous and the fact that you can end up paying so much extra on a low valued object is ridiculous.

What is your platform?
Wii U.

cajunator

Banned
Thinking of preordering this:

FIGURE-009849.jpg

Cardcaptor Sakura - Sakura Kinomoto

Quality of Plum figures?

Plum is relatively new, and hasnt made a whole lot, but I do have one of their figures.
Its Yoshino from Date a Live and the paint and overall quality is on the level of Kotobukiya. A little rough in the details but overall not a sloppy appearance. The sculpt is good and the character looks like she is supposed to.
If it helps, I trusted them enough that I also preordered this Sakura.

But she's soooo cute. Miku Miku~

Soon I'll be able to buy more stuff. But unfortunately the time is not now.

Well they once overcharged me around £300 in duty for a Vita TV, they'll have to go some to beat that. Let's just say I don't have much faith in their abilities to correctly assess items.

Good lord you could buy a car for that money.

Just kidding, I'm watching too much Top Gear for my own good. Soon I'll be watching WWE and think that is real too.

Racing Miku plush back up. Gift plushes sell out quick and have pretty insane resale value, so if you want her...

GOODS-00019113.jpg

Appreciate the heads up, but I'm not all that fussed by plushies. My wallet thanks me.

Didn't you buy from Mandarake though? There shouldn't be a charge. That's why I use them for pre-owned over amiami.

I am incredibly unlucky with import fees. I just resign myself to them and if it doesn't happen I count my blessings.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Six episodes into KanColle and no figurines bought.

Will I be able to hold out? Will the pressure of StayDead get to me? Will Japan learn what curry looks like? Only time will tell.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You could buy a house for £300.

But that would mean living up north in some grotty street where all the windows are broken and you wouldn't even know if you could survive the night.

Einbroch

Banned
More moe :(. The show is getting kinda boring for me. I get why they are going the moe direction (SALES SALES SALES) but boo. Bring back the grim dark boatness! Or at least more battles.

It started off pretty bad. Then it kinda went somewhere. I was thinking "alright, that's some nice setup, let's see where this goes".

Then they did nothing. And are still doing nothing. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Show sucks.

Too much Kongou sister garbage.

Way up north where they drink Um Bongo
A bloke called George was sitting in his condo
Designed a ship for the Japanese all pronto
Then said, "I know, I'll call it a Kongou!"
A Kongou a Kongou. Lived in England no longo.
All parts sent to Japan, the last built by the gaijin
Fought in World War II, then sunk by a submarine
And then 100 years later anthropomorphised as a ship gal
YES! That's the silly billy one they call a Kongou!

RMI

Banned
I raised a complaint to HMRC the day I paid the charge. 3 months later I got a full refund and a grovelling apology... saying the inflated charge was due to a misplaced decimal point.

even if the decimal was off, does that mean they were planning on charging you roughly $50 for in customs fees for that thing? what was even the declared value? You guys who pay import fees tell these stories all the time and I still can't believe it. It's fucking criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom