• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Oh man, people are freaking over these retailer exclusive Amiibos. If I wasn't so fucking over Nintendo, I'd be so fucking over Nintendo.

Retailer exclusives are something that doesn't have to be awful. It's just the way they're handling it with severely limited production.

ChrisD

Oh man, people are freaking over these retailer exclusive Amiibos. If I wasn't so fucking over Nintendo, I'd be so fucking over Nintendo.

You don't even know the beginning of amiibo freakouts.

Posting here because I ordered a Konohana Sakuya D-Arts figure (one day I'll use a real camera again). Maaaaan, this thing blows amiibo out of the water. And I hear it was only a $20 figure when it first released? I paid $30 for it on Amazon, and I ain't even mad. I mean, I'm easily frustrated with all those little poseable pieces but it's worth it. That's still not the pose I want it in, but I don't want to mess with it too much until I know I have thirty minutes to spend toying around with a figure haha.
Yes, I know the back petals should be attached to her arms and that her left petal is all out of whack, leave me be.

Femto.

best saber figure I seen all day
yzqTU2Q.gif

So I made a mistake when ordering(backorder from Ami came through) and I'll probably be the owner of two Sasara nendos in the near future. If this happens I'll probably sell the second one if anyone is interested. I haven't looked at the numbers, but probably under $30 shipped wherever; if you're from outside the US I'll take the L on shipping.

04450676345825ec962f0c486cd61da0.jpg

34f7d33f7d2fcecac93748327b607b78.jpg

pls find her a good home

She hasn't arrived yet, but just putting feelers out.

best saber figure I seen all day

lawd have mercy

pariah164

So I made a mistake when ordering(backorder from Ami came through) and I'll probably be the owner of two Sasara nendos in the near future. If this happens I'll probably sell the second one if anyone is interested. I haven't looked at the numbers, but probably under $30 shipped wherever; if you're from outside the US I'll take the L on shipping.She hasn't arrived yet, but just putting feelers out.
She's so cute.

I have no idea what she's from, but she's adorable. I hope she finds a good home.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
2x3LJN5.jpg

https://twitter.com/koto_okaG
【再掲】お知らせです!キューポッシュ 天海春香(スターピースメモリーズ)のコトブキヤショップ販売分は明日の開店時よりご予約分・店頭分ともに販売開始いたします。 #imas #キューポッシュ

I assume this is saying something that you have to buy it from one of their physical stores tomorrow.

Good thing I already have a figurine of her in this costume.

Retailer exclusive amiibos are a pain in the ass though, I agree with people that don't like that. I don't have to deal with that because nobody is officially selling amiiibos here, but I'd get mad too.

Einbroch

Banned
So I made a mistake when ordering(backorder from Ami came through) and I'll probably be the owner of two Sasara nendos in the near future. If this happens I'll probably sell the second one if anyone is interested. I haven't looked at the numbers, but probably under $30 shipped wherever; if you're from outside the US I'll take the L on shipping.

She hasn't arrived yet, but just putting feelers out.

It's a Nendo. It's cute. I'm interested. Keep me updated.

Wanderer5

Retailer exclusives are something that doesn't have to be awful. It's just the way they're handling it with severely limited production.

Indeed. These wouldn't be so bad if the amiibo situation wasn't as horrible as it has been thus far. I hope Zero Suit Samus and the Woolly Yoshis won't be exclusives.

Edit: Teh drama! Gamestop site is going sloooooowly.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Recent loot:
Kotobukiya 1/8 Kobato (Haganai)
Kotobukiya 1/8 Shinobu (Nisemonogatari)
Good Smile Nendoroid Kobato (Haganai)
Orchid Seed 1/8 Satan (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Daiki Kougyou 1/6 Celia (Walkure Romanze)
Griffon 1/8 Mirai (Senran Kagura)

Acid08

Banned
Haul pictures!

All the K-On figmas I got together:

They look so good! I'm becoming kinda smitten with figmas....

RAHDX Aina Sanheim

Good looking figure for the price. Her face actually captures her likeness pretty well, looks better in person. Can't wait to get the Gouf Custom and Ez8 to pose with her.

POP Nami: Strong World Ending Ver.

l-lewd. Also this is the last piece in my Nami collection for now. The only other one I want is the other Strong World version but that's super low priority.

Nendo Beatrice

She's so cute! Also a fucking pain in the ass to put together and pose. She pretty much comes completely apart and none of the joints are super strong.

RG Wing Zero Custom

First RG kit, looking forward to building it. Box was much heavier than the usual HG-size box.

And my favorite figure from this haul....

Kotobukiya Takaya Noriko

She's an old figure, came out in 2004. 1/6 scale though the pose makes her less tall than that would imply. It's not very well painted. There are some slight imperfections in the PVC. It isn't the highest quality figure I have, for sure. BUT I fucking love it. It captures Noriko so perfectly, her expression and pose just SCREAM her character. If you've seen Gunbuster then you'll know just by looking at it. The base is amazing too, including the main ship from the series. I'm really glad I held out hope for finding this one over the much easier to find version that doesn't have a great pose. I am totally, entirely in love with this figure.

Recent loot:

Haul pictures!

RAHDX Aina Sanheim

Good looking figure for the price. Her face actually captures her likeness pretty well, looks better in person. Can't wait to get the Gouf Custom and Ez8 to pose with her.

l-lewd. Also this is the last piece in my Nami collection for now. The only other one I want is the other Strong World version but that's super low priority.

Nendo Beatrice

She's so cute! Also a fucking pain in the ass to put together and pose. She pretty much comes completely apart and none of the joints are super strong.

RG Wing Zero Custom

First RG kit, looking forward to building it. Box was much heavier than the usual HG-size box.

Kotobukiya Takaya Noriko

She's an old figure, came out in 2004. 1/6 scale though the pose makes her less tall than that would imply. It's not very well painted. There are some slight imperfections in the PVC. It isn't the highest quality figure I have, for sure. BUT I fucking love it. It captures Noriko so perfectly, her expression and pose just SCREAM her character. If you've seen Gunbuster then you'll know just by looking at it. The base is amazing too, including the main ship from the series. I'm really glad I held out hope for finding this one over the much easier to find version that doesn't have a great pose. I am totally, entirely in love with this figure.

Nice haul guys! Loved the Satan, Mirai and K-On figmas.

SerTapTap

Nendo Beatrice She's so cute! Also a fucking pain in the ass to put together and pose. She pretty much comes completely apart and none of the joints are super strong.

Hah, I know right? She's real cute and can do some good poses but a real pain to put together. The joints at least pop out without damage. Her top came off like 4 times in assembly.

HItman84

Neo Member
My word, did you buy a MegaHouse Clare? How much did she hurt your wallet?

I bought her on the cheap (when she came out! hahahahaha).

I did, got her January of Last year. It came to 12k before shipping. I believe the listing has the front plastic panel as damage or not fully adhered but fine otherwise. (she's still in the manda shipping plastic so haven't looked, just don't have the space to open and display properly atm).

When i first saw the figure when I got into the hobby I had to have it and scoured different sites waiting for one to pop on a trustworthy site, manda was the first so I jumped.

cajunator

Banned
Haul pictures!

RAHDX Aina Sanheim

Nendo Beatrice

RG Wing Zero Custom

Kotobukiya Takaya Noriko

Recent loot:

Great stuff yall! That Mirai is a mega cutie. I have her too.

I did, got her January of Last year. It came to 12k before shipping. I believe the listing has the front plastic panel as damage or not fully adhered but fine otherwise. (she's still in the manda shipping plastic so haven't looked, just don't have the space to open and display properly atm).

When i first saw the figure when I got into the hobby I had to have it and scoured different sites waiting for one to pop on a trustworthy site, manda was the first so I jumped.

She's a gorgeous figure. The only issue I see with her is that her base is one of the older (flimsier) MegaHouse ones, before they used the thicker plastic like they do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom