• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote an MFC blog about depression, anxiety, and figure collecting.

If you'd like to read it, please do :) it's a pretty personal piece but something I wanted to share. Figure-Gaf gets a shoutout too :p

10/10 Would read again.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone embrace the hobby so quickly and completely before. I'm glad the hobby and the community can do for you what it does.

I started with Kotobukiya bishoujos, and even then it was a few months before I dared to order my first scale figure from another company. And that was Max Factory's Hacker Chelsea. I managed to get a pre-order (she was already sold out everywhere) in at AmiAmi after miraculously waking up randomly at 6am, just in time to hear the email chime on my cell phone when the FigInStock notification arrived. I was so tense when I was putting in the order, hoping I got through before she sold out again.

My first scale/figure was in 2008. I ordered Blassreiter Amanda Werner by Yamato Creators' Labo. Bought like 6 more figures that year then went into hiatus until last July. That Yoko nendo started all this mess/life that I have now lol

If you'd like to read it, please do :) it's a pretty personal piece but something I wanted to share. Figure-Gaf gets a shoutout too :p

Good read dude. Glad this is something that has brought excitement to you. My GF deals with anxiety so I know how hard it can be to deal with.

And fuck whoever down voted you. We ride together we die together. FigureGAF for life.

up6d7qP.jpg

Bombless

Wo it's Bombless' birthday? Happy birthday wo~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOMBLESS!!!

WO!!!!

Happy bomblessday!

Happy birthday Jesus Yamato!

Happy Birthday Bombless Yamato

Happy b-day bomberman.

Haha I got the Bombless bday email too. Happy Birthday!

It's Bombless' birthday? Happy birthday!

Happy birthday, Bombless.

Happy bday Bombless!

Happy birthday, Bomb !!!

Happy birthday Bombadude!

Happy Birthday, Bombless!

Bombless, Happy Birthday!

Happy anniversary of the day your mother shot you from her loins Bombless.

Happy birthday Bombless!

Also happy birthday Bombless!!! May the figure gods bestow you with many figures!!!

Also congrats Bombs

Also Happy Birthday Bomby :3

Yasg7F5.png

Happy Birthday Bombless!

Happy Birthday,
j95UF07.png

Bombless~

Happy Bday Bombless!

Happy Birthday Bombless! \o/

Happy birthday bombless.:)

Happy Birthday Bombless!

HIbD9Ry.gif

Waaah thanks a ton! Had a great day so far...apart from the unholy amount of food and drink I ingested (romanian style anniversary : "Live long and good health! Now eat until you die!").
If I missed a quote from any of you I'M SORRY, had to catch up to FIVE pages waaaah!
I hope you all had an amazing Bombless Day too! Here's hoping for another year in the company of you fine ladies and gentlemen, happily spending our fortunes away. Funny story, my sister's birthday card had the usual wishes and "may you find many figures at discount prices". I think my family is starting to notice my hobby haha.

Now to go back on topic...
MdPjjb2.gif

uOXOnqe.gif

Everyone should watch Gundam Build Fighters, if only for Kotono Mitsuishi, Rinko's (and Murrue's) VA.

Also in not so figure news, GSC opened orders for this amazing t-shirt. I'm VERY tempted to get one.
I also highly encourage you to watch Wooser. It's a fantastically nonsensical 5 mins show.

Now to log into MFC for the first time in forever and maybe actually update my collection and accept friend requests (Sorry Samurai_Heart!).

Settin

Well fuck you Sony and Microsoft. I may have lost my PSN email for no reason and Sony won't help me and Microsoft account recovery is utterly useless.

SerTapTap

Well you are free to add those tags yourself. That would help a lot!

You don't have to have some sort of status or anything? I might tag some of mine then. Is there anything I can do to help get things off "draft" status btw? I have a lot of those in my collection

cajunator

Banned
Anyone here have any experience with Anime Island? I pre-ordered Kotobukiya Juri there with an estimated release date of 3/31. Now that day is passed, nothing has changed on the website and nothing seems to have shipped. I've emailed them recently with no replay. I'm just wondering if they are reputable, or if I'm in too much of a hurry. Thanks.

I ordered Mami from them before when she was out of stock everywhere else. Shipped with no problems.

cajunator

Banned
my current tags

01. long_hair (66)
02. ribbon (50)
03. thighhighs (47)
04. flat_chest (45)
05. 1/8 (40)
06. good_smile_company (35)
07. short_hair (32)
08. female_figure (31)
09. blue_eyes (29)
10. loli (29)

Meyneth

So I just paid the last two march orders and I thought that I should take a look at how many orders I still have with AmiAmi.

I have 29 in total and 10 of those are just for April. That's not counting Maiko Mami though, so I guess that means there are 11 orders just for april.

I should cut back
after all the stuff I want comes out

Femto.

It's rad that you've found an avenue on how to cope with your condition dude. It sucks how heavily stigmatized mental illness is and how easily disregarded it is as a serious matter in the eye of the general public. Thank you for sharing and I hope the meds work out for you.

Keep on spendin' on all the PVC goodies.
Happy Birthday!

I know ;_;
Cute things will be the death of me.

My tags are confusing:
05. long_hair (41)
07. blue_eyes (33)
09. short_hair (28)
13. ribbon (25)
14. black_hair (24)
18. blond_hair (23)
20. gloves (22)
21. weapon (22)
23. female_figure (20)
26. smile (20)

(top 10 descriptive tags)

How do I create tags?
Or is this something I have to throw money at MFC to get?

cajunator

Banned
How do I create tags?
Or is this something I have to throw money at MFC to get?

if you have a MFC account, upload all your figures and then go to collection and there should be a tab marked Bonus. That is your tags, Each figure naturally is tagged with certain attributes so it counts which ones are most prevalent to you collection.

I spend more than a few minutes looking for older scales and it feels like I'm staring into an abyss. I don't even want to think about all the new figures coming out.

Yeah, it's always my intention to focus solely on future releases, but I find myself now and again grabbing an older piece off of Mandarake or AmiAmi pre-owned.

arue

01. good_smile_company (14)
02. nendoroid (14)
03. nendoron (13)
04. short_hair (9)
05. 2014 (8)
06. blue_eyes (8)
07. male_nendoroid (7)
08. black_hair (6)
09. male_figure (6)
10. weapon (6)

I'm 100% nendoroid fan.

01. kotobukiya (20)
02. bishoujo_statue (19)
03. yamashita_shunya (19)
04. long_hair (11)
05. high_heels (10)
06. skin_tight (10)
07. 1/7 (9)
08. shunya_yamashita (9)
09. marvel_x_bishoujo (8)
10. shunya_yamashita_bishou...

Mine's kinda boring.
Solution: quickly amass a collection of anime figures to generate all new and interesting tags

darklin0

Banned
Without manufactures

01. nendoroid (11)
02. female_figure (10)
03. long_hair (9)
04. nendoron (9)
05. blue_eyes (8)
06. short_hair (8)
07. bishoujo_statue (6)
08. blond_hair (6)
09. female_nendoroid (6)
10. green_eyes (6)
11. large_breasts (6)
12. male_figure (6)
13. yamashita_shunya (6)
14. black_hair (5)
15. cleavage (5)

Male figure tag ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
dat large breasts and cleavage tags

If you cut out the fluff, mine is kinda boring

01. long_hair (19)
02. blue_eyes (16)
03. school_uniform (16)
04. short_hair (14)
05. skirt (14)
06. twintails (14)
07. thighhighs (13)
08. vocaloid (11)
09. black_hair (10)
10. flat_chest (9)

I think I need to add the great butt tag to a few in my collection though. It's not on the Rikka Takanashi figure, and that just seems wrong.

EDIT: I have righted this grave injustice.

Bombless

Updated my MFC profile and aparently I'm up to 136 pieces now, yikes.

New and updated top 10 descriptive tags (scales/manufacturers/sculptors/artists excluded)

02. long_hair (46)
04. thighhighs (32)
10. large_breasts (25)
11. miniskirt (24)
12. short_hair (24)
13. blue_eyes (23)
15. weapon (22)
16. blond_hair (21)
18. boots (20)
23. great_butt (18)

omlet

Wat

Have you seen that figure? Her skirt is unnecessarily fluttered up in the back. They knew what they were doing.

I'm saying that MFC's tags are intended to be object and "great butt" is subjective. Tags like "big butt" or "exposed butt" or "fluttering skirt" are descriptive but "great butt" is, like, just your opinion, man (even if I agree with you :p). Tags aren't supposed to be opinion. Refer to MFC guidelines http://myfigurecollection.net/about/faq/#ref-faq-83

Not trying to crash your parade, just saying a subjective tag will probably get down-voted and/or removed because it doesn't follow the rules.

zoku88

Did my top 15.....

01. long_hair (19)
02. female_figure (16)
03. flat_chest (16)
04. 1/8 (14)
05. loli (14)
06. ribbon (14)
07. short_hair (13)
08. high_heels (11)
09. based_on_artwork (10)
10. max_factory (10)
11. thighhighs (10)
12. black_hair (9)
13. purple_eyes (9)
14. blond_hair (8)
15. blue_eyes (8)

Huh

Bloodember

Here's my top 10.

1. kotobukiya (12)
2. long_hair (9)
3. bishoujo_statue (6)
4. thighhighs (6)
5. yamashita_shunja (6)
6. midriff (5)
7. twintails (5)
8. belt (4)
9. blue_eyes (4)
10. boots (4)

darklin0

Banned
So, I was digging around my closet for my Deadmaster nendo box because I left some parts inside it. While pulling other boxes out, I grabbed what I thought was and empty nendo box to find a Satsuki nendo still in box...

The confusing part is that I already have a Satsuki nendo displayed on my desk and I have no idea how I got this one. I dug through all my orderforms, amiami listings and emails and I cannot find a single trace of how I came to have a second Satsuki. All I know is the seal is broken but the inner packaging is still sealed.

So the question is, what do FigureGAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom