• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wanted a Lucina Amiibo, but I took a piss break the second it went up for pre-order and missed out.

It's going for 45ish dollars on Ebay. I just bought the Figma Lucina for 5200 yen, which is something like 43 dollars.

Something clearly went wrong somewhere

I think I'm gonna end up spending more on the Lucina amiibo than the Figma...
If only I could use the Figma in games.

Yeah, this amiibo stock thing is pretty bad.

chrono01

We all do. It seems like the minute you cave and pre-order something you want for a given month, then everything else you have your eye on gets piled into that month, too.

Speaking of things I've had my eye on, I just [NSFW-if-you're-offended-by-jiggly-bits] ordered this from Mandarake. Hope I get it. She doesn't seem to pop up too often and I had one bought out from under me the other day. Feels bad, man. :(
Nice man, so you finally got Asuka. She's amazing.

Congrats.

Oh! My MFC "Top 10" tags:

long_hair (137)
thighhighs (88)
blue_eyes (66)
large_breasts (60)
miniskirt (59)
blond_hair (57)
twintails (54)
ribbon (53)
high_heels (52)
short_hair (41)

[I filtered the manufacturer/meaningless tags]

Acid08

Banned
I just finished watching Saekano....

now I need to order GSC Utaha figure.

Yeah, I actually ended up really enjoying that series. Utaha pre-order sooooo justified.

We all do. It seems like the minute you cave and pre-order something you want for a given month, then everything else you have your eye on gets piled into that month, too.

Speaking of things I've had my eye on, I just [NSFW-if-you're-offended-by-jiggly-bits] ordered this from Mandarake. Hope I get it. She doesn't seem to pop up too often and I had one bought out from under me the other day. Feels bad, man. :(

Nice, she's a great looking figure. Hope you got her.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
yAVMgES.gif

I do still need to buy Estival Versus, too. But I figured the game won't become scarce the way Asuka is.

I'm glad a Figure GAFfer managed to get her! She's one of my favorites from last year.

I think the LE for Estival Versus has sold out at most places by now, but regular copies should be easy to come by.

chrono01

I'm glad a Figure GAFfer managed to get her! She's one of my favorites from last year.

I think the LE for Estival Versus has sold out at most places by now, but regular copies should be easy to come by.
Yeah, she's a great sculpt for sure. It's actually a big reason why I'm so tempted to pre-order this Swimsuit Ver. of Saber.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...9$s_maker=Alter$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Since:

A) She's done by the same sculptor as Asuka [Ryou Hashimoto]

B) She's 1/6 too, and would look great sitting alongside Asuka

I still haven't pulled the trigger yet, though.

Femto.

You finally caved!

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I was just taking pictures of some my papercrafts for my art portfolio, so I figured some of you guys might be interested in them. All of these are free for you to build, too, and all it requires is scissors, glue, a printer, and paper (I use other stuff to make it look better, but those 4 are all that's required). If you have questions about the models just ask, I would be happy to answer any questions.

chrono01

WARNING!
WARNING!
WARNING!

--Holy Grail Alert--

Mandarake has a sealed Sansei Muramasa - Maid Ver. [Max Factory] for 16k yen.

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-790420.html

I know, expensive, but she's absolutely jaw-dropping, and definitely one of my favorite figures in my collection. Her face is utterly perfect. Actually, everything about her is perfect. I managed to get her around a year ago for 12k sealed, but that was an extremely rare chance. This is her standard going price now [at least sealed] and, if it were any other figure, I'd say she wouldn't be worth this much.

However, this one definitely is.

There's also an opened/box damaged/box-inner package yellowish for 14k yen.

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-790421.html

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, she's a great sculpt for sure. It's actually a big reason why I'm so tempted to pre-order this Swimsuit Ver. of Saber.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...9$s_maker=Alter$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Since:

A) She's done by the same sculptor as Asuka [Ryou Hashimoto]

B) She's 1/6 too, and would look great sitting alongside Asuka

I still haven't pulled the trigger yet, though.

I hadn't realized she was done by the same sculptor, but it makes sense since she looks really good. I don't really have any attachment to Saber, though, even though there are a gajillion figures of her.

chrono01

I hadn't realized she was done by the same sculptor, but it makes sense since she looks really good. I don't really have any attachment to Saber, though, even though there are a gajillion figures of her.
Yeah, I'm kind of "Saber'd out" too [hence why I don't have her pre-ordered already], but I can't help but imagine what they'd look like being posed together.

Zerojul

I was just taking pictures of some my papercrafts for my art portfolio, so I figured some of you guys might be interested in them. All of these are free for you to build, too, and all it requires is scissors, glue, a printer, and paper (I use other stuff to make it look better, but those 4 are all that's required). If you have questions about the models just ask, I would be happy to answer any questions.

I don't have the patience nor the skill to do anything like that, but it's absolutely brilliant. Congrats !

Wow these are great.

Awesome, that Zelda looks amazing.

raven777

I really hope they make Michiru figure as well....

but considering how small screentime she gets, I kinda doubt it at this point.

Bloodember

Wow, those are amazing.

I just realized that, against all odds, I won an eBay auction for this guy this night :

NIce way to start a 3 day-long week-end :D
and to be almost out of cash on the 4th of the month

Congrats! My first purchase this month will probably be either Greninja or Xenoblade Chronicles 3D next week.

Those look amazing. Good work.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Some more info for those who are interested:

There are a ton of papercraft models out there, and most of them are simpler then the ones I've built. I didn't start out by making a 5 foot tall version of Link, I made smaller ones first.

If you are interested in building one, I'd recommend something by Ninjatoes . All of his models have fantastic detailed instructions, and they are very well designed. He's most well known for his Zelda and Advance wars models, and he designed the KORL, USS Rubicon, Kurt Zisa, Yellow Comet Recon, and Wolf Link.

Another great papercrafter is Haywan Chiu, who designed the Life Size Link, Lyn, Toon Link, and Zelda. He runs Papercraft Museum, which has a lot of models and great tutorials in the sidebar.

Red Yoshi built Falco, Snake, and Samus, and he's done other Brawl models. Actually, a good portion of the papercrafts that I've done are just Brawl trophies. Like Ninjatoes, he has detailed instructions for his models.

The Pokemon are all designed by the people at PaperPokes, who have made over 200 Pokemon models. They are all well made and relatively simple, but don't have detailed build guides like Ninjatoes. Instead, you have to use a program called Pepakura Viewer to figure out where each piece goes. 90% of models have no instructions, so you have to use Pepakura to build the models. Pepakura is very easy to use, but I'd recommend building something with detailed instructions first.

Seriously, to start out all you really need is paper, glue, a printer, and scissors. It's much easier then it looks, and building the model is fun (except when you have to make one part 6 different times). You can just watch TV or listen to music while building them, they don't demand your total attention.

Here are some models that look good and aren't too difficult.

Majora's Mask
Lander
Black Hole Tank
Metapod
Hoppip

cajunator

Banned
Some more info for those who are interested:

There are a ton of papercraft models out there, and most of them are simpler then the ones I've built. I didn't start out by making a 5 foot tall version of Link, I made smaller ones first.

If you are interested in building one, I'd recommend something by Ninjatoes . All of his models have fantastic detailed instructions, and they are very well designed. He's most well known for his Zelda and Advance wars models, and he designed the KORL, USS Rubicon, Kurt Zisa, Yellow Comet Recon, and Wolf Link.

Another great papercrafter is Haywan Chiu, who designed the Life Size Link, Lyn, Toon Link, and Zelda. He runs Papercraft Museum, which has a lot of models and great tutorials in the sidebar.

Red Yoshi built Falco, Snake, and Samus, and he's done other Brawl models. Actually, a good portion of the papercrafts that I've done are just Brawl trophies. Like Ninjatoes, he has detailed instructions for his models.

The Pokemon are all designed by the people at PaperPokes, who have made over 200 Pokemon models. They are all well made and relatively simple, but don't have detailed build guides like Ninjatoes. Instead, you have to use a program called Pepakura Viewer to figure out where each piece goes. 90% of models have no instructions, so you have to use Pepakura to build the models. Pepakura is very easy to use, but I'd recommend building something with detailed instructions first.

Seriously, to start out all you really need is paper, glue, a printer, and scissors. It's much easier then it looks, and building the model is fun (except when you have to make one part 6 different times). You can just watch TV or listen to music while building them, they don't demand your total attention.

Here are some models that look good and aren't too difficult.

Majora's Mask
Lander
Black Hole Tank
Metapod
Hoppip

Im extremely good at origami so this shouldnt prove too difficult

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I wrote an MFC blog about depression, anxiety, and figure collecting.

If you'd like to read it, please do :) it's a pretty personal piece but something I wanted to share. Figure-Gaf gets a shoutout too :p

Your awesome, I'm glad collecting figures has become a passion for you that helps with battling your demons.

Finally sold off the last of the figures I was selling on here.

XSVyOBV.gif

Too bad the reason I was selling them is now moot.
It's a shame, but at the very least now you have more room for other figures...

FUCK EVERYTHING.

AmiAmi has a 1/6 Kai Harn from Bastard!!! but they want 16k.

Mandarake has three of her:

Worth every penny...

Looks cool, glad to see something different from the norm...

Einbroch

Banned
Busy bees in this thread last night. Got some nice uguu~ talk, some Amiibo action, preorder goodness, Saekano appreciation, and preowned waffling.

Ultimadrago

Freeze, tell Koto to つ ◕_◕ ༽つ more info on Tali bishoujou. You guys are pals so just bring it up casually~

Super rad! I was crazy into papercraft a few years back. It was a fun cheap way to get figures of characters I liked, haha.
I actually recognize all the models you have built there from my time stalking Papercraft Museum. :p

I wrote an MFC blog about depression, anxiety, and figure collecting.

If you'd like to read it, please do :) it's a pretty personal piece but something I wanted to share. Figure-Gaf gets a shoutout too :p
tkNdRY6.gif

Aquamarine announces “To LOVEru Darkness” Konjiki no Yami 1/8 scale figure
It’s with a magazine article that Aquamarine announces production of “To LOVEru Darkness” Konjiki no Yami 1/8 scale figure. Yami-chan is proposed by the company in what looks like a slightly dynamic pose, and comes with a beautiful smile on her face. At the moment, only a roughly set for 2015 release date has been announced.
mntsdcardDCIMCamera1428129376226.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Love Live! School Idol Project” Yazawa Niko S.H.Figuarts by Bandai on preorder
Bandai recently opened pre-orders for their Yazawa Niko S.H.Figuarts figure from popular anime series “Love Live! School Idol Project”, which follows previously released Kousaka Honoka and announced back in January figures of Sonoda Umi and Minami Kotori.

Yazawa Niko stands 12 cm tall and is scheduled for release in August 2015. Listed for a price of ¥4860 (tax included), the poseable figure comes with three different face expressions (plus an extra one if ordered at Tamashii Web Shop) as well as seven replacement hands for both her right and left arms to allow a wide range of poses and recreate all sort of scenes from the anime.
bandai_nicofa-1.jpg

Orca Toys reveals new alternate version of “Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko” Touwa Erio
Just after yesterday’s announcement of a third recolor of Kuroneko, Orca Toys recently revealed (in late March) recolor number three for another one of their figures, “Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko” Touwa Erio Swimsuit version.

Back in December last year, the company opened pre-orders for second recolor (blue swimsuit ver., An Angel’s Smile ver. ) of the figure, originally proposed in her standard, white swimsuit which was supposed to be released in November 2014.

Third recolor of the cute Touwa Erio is proposed in an orange swimsuit, with the same expression of the original version. Her hair has been sculpted so to appear transparent and kind of shiny. The figure will be most likely proposed at the same price of the other variants, so listed for ¥10800.

Sculpt of “Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko” Touwa Erio third recolor is by Tere and Tsukada Takashi, for a 1/7 scale figure which stands 11 cm tall. Release date is still to be announced.
orcatoys_erio3-1.jpg

Phat! Company reveals “The Idolm@ster” Nanao Yuriko unpainted prototype, Hagiwara Yukiho is painted
Phat! Company reveals today unpainted prototype of their “The Idolm@ster: Million Live!” Nanao Yuriko 1/8 scale figure, of which the company announced production at Wonfes 2015 [Winter] last February along with several other interesting items Phat! brought to the event.
CBurvl7UsAAnc0h.jpg:large

CBusiOHUkAAsLNY.jpg:large

CBuutK8UsAA8KB6.jpg:large

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/43482067.html
=================================
CBtiBiuUgAAI9cp.jpg:large

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/43479367.html
29350611ffef1cbf062ac8f939c41f73_original.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-10426.html
lovelive_20150403_02.jpg