• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thank you! I technically started with this single Shimakaze model from Amazon but seeing the awesome stuff posted in this thread pushed me to make a real order and since I've gotten games from AmiAmi it seemed like a good place to start :p I also went with the Griffon line because they seem to have a few Senran Kagura characters and other companies seemed to have only 1 or 2 each.

Quality over quantity, man! Nice on the Shimakaze, though. I should have bit when she was on sale on Amazon.co.jp.

Quality over quantity, man! Nice on the Shimakaze, though. I should have bit when she was on sale on Amazon.co.jp.

That's deff a fair point, I wanted to go for some consistency by sticking with one company but I guess its a moot point if that one company isn't that great :p Yeah I actually picked it up from a Japanese seller on Amazon US and it came out to Ami's price before shipping, with the shipping included so I got it when I saw that.

Einbroch

Banned
Thank you! I technically started with this single Shimakaze model from Amazon but seeing the awesome stuff posted in this thread pushed me to make a real order and since I've gotten games from AmiAmi it seemed like a good place to start :p I also went with the Griffon line because they seem to have a few Senran Kagura characters and other companies seemed to have only 1 or 2 each.

Griffon.

BGUsIpM.jpg

That's not a bootleg. That's a real Griffon figure with the prototype on the left and the real figure on the right.

Yay 300th post! and to think before I found this thread I only had 26ish lifetime posts since 2013 >_< lol but anyway as promised here's my Anime Boston 2015 loot post!

http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/20944

Sorry it took later then I expected but hope you enjoy it!

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

Nice loot, the artworks look amazing, and good job getting that poster signed.

I have Hunie Pop too, first time in my life that I wish I were better at Bejeweled.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's deff a fair point, I wanted to go for some consistency by sticking with one company but I guess its a moot point if that one company isn't that great :p Yeah I actually picked it up from a Japanese seller on Amazon US and it came out to Ami's price before shipping, with the shipping included so I got it when I saw that.

Well, you won't necessarily find consistency within a particular manufacturer's figures because manufacturers usually work with a bunch of different sculptors. There are exceptions, like when a series or line of figures are being produced/announced. But even then, there can be inconsistencies.

I'm waiting for another price drop on Shimakaze myself, but she's on my radar for sure right now.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

Nice loot, the artworks look amazing, and good job getting that poster signed.

I have Hunie Pop too, first time in my life that I wish I were better at Bejeweled.

Thanks! Yeah might get a couple of the artworks framed as they are really nice, and thanks! if I had been told that they weren't taking any more people after waiting all that time I would have been devastated beyond belief, I'm usually unlucky with everything but this time it finally worked out ^_^

lol as impossible as it sounds I've actually never played bejeweled or the many types of games similar to it. So lets hope I'm not terrible at it :p

You just reminded me that I bought that :(

Its literally the only figurine I ever regretted.

Lets hope that my $300+ Kirino figures from griffin that comes out this month comes out how it's prototype looks >_< lol

-----------------------------

and Yay! I have officially graduated from being a junior member!

cajunator

Banned
Thanks! Yeah might get a couple of the artworks framed as they are really nice, and thanks! if I had been told that they weren't taking any more people after waiting all that time I would have been devastated beyond belief, I'm usually unlucky with everything but this time it finally worked out ^_^

lol as impossible as it sounds I've actually never played bejeweled or the many types of games similar to it. So lets hope I'm not terrible at it :p

Lets hope that my $300+ Kirino figures from griffin that comes out this month comes out how it's prototype looks >_< lol

-----------------------------

and Yay! I have officially graduated from being a junior member!

Colette never preorder Griffons based on prototypes.

Colette never preorder Griffons based on prototypes.

Oh I know, this will probably be the only time I ever PO a griffon figure but the thought of a 2 foot Kirino and the small chance she might sell out and be more expensive after release might me PO her. So just have to hope she turns out good enough lol

tauke

Just as I'm about to leave my room to do my laundry (since my main desktop is doing 3D rendering), I received the pre-owned notification email for this guy at AmiAmi:

l6gZIOQ.png

/quickly run back to my desktop and place order

/order successful &#12316;(&#65507;&#9661;&#65507;&#12316;)

Now my Vesperia collection slowly grows bigger. Currently missing out on Raven.

EDIT: Before this, I often encounter this beloved message:

orvOAh1.png

Glad that I managed to secure Flynn but man I can't combined order with next month Sakura and Syaoran figures. I'm trying to not simply spend more money with the increase cost of living in my country after the newly introduced tax system starting this month.

Flynn's one of my favorite figures. Totally worth it. ~_~

------------------------------------------

So I ended up buying that Makoto prize figure I was talking about this morning.

And ordered the two starter decks for Fire Emblem TCG. This is going to start another dangerous path for me.

kewlmyc

Just as I'm about to leave my room to do my laundry (since my main desktop is doing 3D rendering), I received the pre-owned notification email for this guy at AmiAmi:

l6gZIOQ.png

/quickly run back to my desktop and place order

/order successful &#12316;(&#65507;&#9661;&#65507;&#12316;)

Now my Vesperia collection slowly grows bigger. Currently missing out on Raven.

Good tastes.

Well, you won't necessarily find consistency within a particular manufacturer's figures because manufacturers usually work with a bunch of different sculptors. There are exceptions, like when a series or line of figures are being produced/announced. But even then, there can be inconsistencies.

I'm waiting for another price drop on Shimakaze myself, but she's on my radar for sure right now.

That's good advice thanks, goodluck with the price drop, I noticed that it's still the same price I paid on Amazon which is 85$ shipped so you might wanna check that out if it's what you're looking for.

I like how Solaris japan has a warning on their site about Griffon figures lol

capture0luu9.png

IgMyx.gif

StayDead

I have no idea why but I want the Fire Emblem TCG starter decks, but then I think about how poor I am and I realise that's a dumb idea.

I did just get 100GBP from my Aunt/Uncle at Easter for helping them by building my cousin a PC nearly 2 years ago which was a lovely surprise, but I should probably put that towards all my current orders.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If I bought a 1:1 figurine I'd probably have no need for another figurine ever again. In some ways the initial huge cost of that one could be a potentially long term saving by never needing to buy lots of little ones.

If I bought a 1:1 figurine I'd probably have no need for another figurine ever again. In some ways the initial huge cost of that one could be a potentially long term saving by never needing to buy lots of little ones.

You would need one hell of a deltof for that.

Bombless

Yay 300th post! and to think before I found this thread I only had 26ish lifetime posts since 2013 >_< lol but anyway as promised here's my Anime Boston 2015 loot post!

http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/20944

Sorry it took later then I expected but hope you enjoy it!

I hate waiting in line at cons so I salute your dedication, it was well rewarded!

Great loot list and #HuniePopOwnerHighFive! It's pretty easy early on but the difficulty ramps up slowly but surely.

omlet

Preorder placed :>

JsyDWXv.jpg

These are for Meyneth because Otaku Mode won't ship to Canada.

This month suddenly turned into a $1000+ month thanks to these pay-up-front preorders. No more preowned browsing for me for a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom