• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tauke

So tempted with Hakase but absolutely nope for that price as I'm already spending way too much for this month. Hope others will grab it!

Grabbed Kanbaru and Hanekawa figmas

guys I'm really starting to like figmas

Welcome to the family.
y2SjL3S.png

I wonder if they are going to re-release that Jaina Solo. I found a place that is selling it for $65 + shipping but hmm

That's actually not a bad price. And she's already had one reissue. I wouldn't count on another.

I also don't know what the licensing situation looks like after the Disney takeover. The Star Wars ArtFX+ are still coming, but I don't know if Disney wants sexyfied Star Wars lady statues. I haven't seen any updates on bishoujo Stormtrooper in a while now.

That's actually not a bad price. And she's already had one reissue. I wouldn't count on another.

I also don't know what the licensing situation looks like after the Disney takeover. The Star Wars ArtFX+ are still coming, but I don't know if Disney wants sexyfied Star Wars lady statues. I haven't seen any updates on bishoujo Stormtrooper in a while now.

Sadly, I think that ship has sailed.
Man, when I think of the missed opportunity for Koto to give Shaak Ti, Ayla Secura, and Darth Talon the bishoujo treatment....

Man, when I think of the missed opportunity for Koto to give Shaak Ti, Ayla Secura, and Darth Talon the bishoujo treatment....

You're probably right. Raven went from silhouette to illustration to early sculpt in the time since the original Stormtrooper announcement, and we never got proper concept art for the latter. Probably dead.

Thanks a lot man. Mine came to $72.71. I saved $2 since I have CR premium. Hah. Lowest I saw elsewhere was $90.

It's a bit of a pain in the ass to slot her torso into the lower half, as there's a piece of the clothing sculpt on the bottom that needs to fit over one on the top half. I used the hairdryer trick to soften up the pvc just a smidge. Worked like a charm. Otherwise that shit is near impossible.

You seem to have one of these for every occasion.

Email them about it. They might say no and ban your account but it doesn't hurt to try.

Well, I accidentally submitted an order for one of those FREEing 1/4 scales... Was trying to price check haha, and it's been so long since I placed an order that I didn't know it wasn't going to give me an $ subtotal before commiting.

I mean I might get it anyway...

Giolon

I'm trying to process through my Juri photos, but I'm at ~30 photos before I even get to putting her together with Chun-Li and Cammy.

So I ordered the Wo-Class on AmiAmi, and when I went to put it up on MFC, I saw that there was an available Tony Taka Luka figure.

Apparently, I'm not going to have money this month.

So I finished through 12.5 of Durarara today. Celty is adorable. Preorder justified. I'm also thinking of getting this, removing the glass and lights then painting satin black to display with her.

I think that will look pretty cool since her without a bike is a bit of a crime.

Shun

I'm such a sucker for Evangelion and I really love Hachigoki. I missed out on the older kits and I wish I could have gotten them at a lower price, but this for ¥3000 I can't complain.

Looking back at my first attempt at an airbrush, I really like my paint job compared to the vanilla color painted build. The metallic pink and sprayed on gunmetal still makes me smile.

Excuse the grain and low exposure, but it really does look better in person.

I'm looking to do more detailing on the sniper rifle and fine details like panel lines and paint touch ups. I don't want to seal it with top coat yet.

Does anyone else have tips for airbrush technique and thinning? I want to use more metallic colors without accidentally clogging up the brush. Any ways to prevent clogging and wasting paint and thinner?

Is there pre-thinned metallic paints available to airbrush? If not is there a recommended container with squeeze cap that I can use so I can thin my own metallic paints?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
and you expected more?

Vampirella never gets good statues;

kgrhqj18.jpg

case in point

I wasn't expecting anything, I was hoping she'd look good though, even if all the older Dynamite statues looks like what you posted...

As for good looking Vampirella statues the Sideshow versions say hello:

Regular head:
EX head:
upcoming one:

What's wrong with her? Paint looks a little flat, but she doesn't look too bad. I like the Sideshow PF, but that thing is too big.

Paint just looks flat? The paints so thick and sloppy and the face looks nothing like Campbell art. This is the prototype photo shoot, these pictures are supposed to sell you on the product, the real product will look worse then this by default, which should be really off putting considering they want $190 for it and can't even do a nice prototype.

Hmm, I don't see anything wrong with it, it looks good. Not sure where everyone is coming from about the paint.

Should be really off putting...
Man...
I dunno...

I know I have a stick up my butt about the quality of things, but the paint on this figure
looks like utter shit, how anyone can say something that looks this mediocre
looks good
just puts shivers up my spine.
I
can't
just chalk it up to a difference of opinion
either, it looks that bad.

Uh oh, Wo-Class available for pre-order again on AmiAmi. You know what that means...

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-006819

NOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOO....

Wo is given the same fate as Mikasa?

Never coming out? I believe that with Mikasa...

nah man, im just mad cause that's like the only bishoujo I have ever wanted ever but I don't want to pay above msrp for her. I want to put her next to my LEGO USC X-wing.

Worth every penny, but my wife used nectar points (might be a UK only thing) to get her for retail price on ebay...

Yeah that would have been grand.

It's a bit of a pain in the ass to slot her torso into the lower half, as there's a piece of the clothing sculpt on the bottom that needs to fit over one on the top half. I used the hairdryer trick to soften up the pvc just a smidge. Worked like a charm. Otherwise that shit is near impossible.

Yes, she was a pain, if you don't use the hairdryer trick you'd risk scraping the paint off her stomach getting her together.

I'm trying to process through my Juri photos, but I'm at ~30 photos before I even get to putting her together with Chun-Li and Cammy.

Noramlly I'd say less is more, but with your photo's I'd just say post em all ;)

Putting a save point after the boss, asshole game design 101.
Git gud!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have a Ness pre-order on Amazon that I may not really want in the end.

I'll trade it for a Mitsuba figurine.

Zombine

Banned
So, I know what separates you guys from Action Figure GAF is quality, so I feel like this may be more appropriate for here:

One:12 The Dark Knight

3.jpg

I ordered the Blue/Grey variant back on Black Friday, and the port strike delayed my shipment until this past week. Up until that point I thought I was getting a doll, and I was like "What the hell am I doing with my life?" But instead what came was a Figma-sized action figure with the quality of a Hot Toys figure.

Mez112BatmanBF2.jpg

His articulation is wonderful, and his cloth cape and hand stitched outfit is a sight to behold in person. Changing out his arms and foot and head are kind of hard to do at first, but once you loosen the plastic a tiny bit it becomes easier. I absolutely adore this thing, and I won't hesitate to pick up the Judge Dredd one which is set to release next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom