• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, never heard about this DKR Batman figure until now, would have jumped on that pre-order if I knew about it.

Not sure if I can pay reseller prices... =(

Zombine

Banned
Dang, never heard about this DKR Batman figure until now, would have jumped on that pre-order if I knew about it.

Not sure if I can pay reseller prices... =(

Mezco Toys One:12 Collective: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Action Figure https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PDXB06M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This is basically your last chance to get it at-cost.

I want to preorder the Judge Dredd one after I was so impressed with Batman, but I can't bring myself to preorder it with no release date in sight.

Einbroch

Banned
75NyTqk.png

Theonik

People actually fill those out?
Why not. It's great. Especially the postal tracking. You can go to the tracking page with one click on the MFC profile and track the shipping time.

I do! I like to keep a record of stuff like that. MFC can actually track your month to month and year to year spending.

So I can feel the shame.
I never figured out how to do that.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I never figured out how to do that.

You can go into Collection and then Manage. It'll bring up a list of your collection, and on the right side, you can actually see your spending per month.

You can also go into (Tools) and perform a CSV export for a quick and dirty spreadsheet.

Mezco Toys One:12 Collective: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Action Figure https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PDXB06M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This is basically your last chance to get it at-cost.

I want to preorder the Judge Dredd one after I was so impressed with Batman, but I can't bring myself to preorder it with no release date in sight.

That's a pretty cool Batman. I'm more interested in Judge Dredd though. Do you have any links or pictures of it?

Theonik

You can go into Collection and then Manage. It'll bring up a list of your collection, and on the right side, you can actually see your spending per month.

You can also go into (Tools) and perform a CSV export for a quick and dirty spreadsheet.
Hmmm interesting.

Einbroch

Banned
I need to stop, but damn it, this is adorable.

Help.

Max Factory. Maximum quality. Cute. Interesting pose with lots of movement. 1/7, so nice and big, but not too wide so she won't take up a lot of space. Unique, only one with Miku in that outfit. East (Miku) meets west (Red Riding Hood). Nice discount, 22%.

I give you no quarter, friend.

RMI

Banned
Nice get on that Clover Club Miku. Probably my favorite module-specific miku fig (at least by looks, I didn't order her).

My life is now complete.

And what about Kongiku?

Also there are TWO preowned Koto Shinobu on amiami. She's not as great as the GSC one, but she's awesome for the price and IMO cuter than the upcoming Alter one.

Look at that sly fucking face. Also note that her base has a rad street pattern with Koyomi's shadow on it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Does anyone else have tips for airbrush technique and thinning? I want to use more metallic colors without accidentally clogging up the brush. Any ways to prevent clogging and wasting paint and thinner?

Is there pre-thinned metallic paints available to airbrush? If not is there a recommended container with squeeze cap that I can use so I can thin my own metallic paints?

Vallejo model air has a very good line of airbrush metallic color. It came pre thin, but I prefer to thin it a bit more with vallejo airbrush thinner. You can find bunch of reviews of those metallic color on YouTube.

Vallejo does clog the needle tip after ~20 seconds(you can tell by the outflow decreasing), but it is easy to clean with a q-tip + alcohol on the tip. May be this will fix your clogging problem, unless the clog happens on other places.

Another way to avoid clogging, if your airbrush is dual action, release the paint first then the air, so the air will shoot out the residue paint in the needle. Do the same when you start airbrushing, pull down for air first, then press down for color.

I usually thin my own paint in the airbrush, then back flow to mix the paint. Or use those tiny disposable measurement cup for medicine.

If you don't mind lacquer paint, there are also Allclad II, just get a mask so you don't get brain damage.

What kind of paint are you using?

Vallejo model air has a very good line of airbrush metallic color. It came pre thin, but I prefer to thin it a bit more with vallejo airbrush thinner. You can find bunch of reviews of those metallic color on YouTube.

Vallejo does clog the needle tip after ~20 seconds(you can tell by the outflow decreasing), but it is easy to clean with a q-tip + alcohol on the tip. May be this will fix your clogging problem, unless the clog happens on other places.

Another way to avoid clogging, if your airbrush is dual action, release the paint first then the air, so the air will shoot out the residue paint in the needle. Do the same when you start airbrushing, pull down for air first, then press down for color.

I usually thin my own paint in the airbrush, then back flow to mix the paint. Or use those tiny disposable measurement cup for medicine.

If you don't mind lacquer paint, there are also Allclad II, just get a mask so you don't get brain damage.

What kind of paint are you using?

This is all good information. I swear by the Vallejo Air line. If you want to save some money though you don't even need to use their airbrush thinner. I use target brand Windex. It works great. I don't thin their Air line but do their standard Model Color line. With Vallejo I've found you'll get the best results running about 25 psi. What is your airbrush setup? You want your paint to be about the consistency of skim milk.

0061.jpg

At first I thought that his clothes were rubber, but it looks like it's the same material they use for Batman's outfit. Day zero for him.

That's pretty great. Too bad there is a glare on the most crucial point the chin. Judging by the Batman he will have a great chin though. I will keep my eye on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom