• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Looks rad. Who's making him?

One:12 and Mezco. Here's some more pics:

Mezco-Toyz-One-12-Judge-Dredd-7.jpg

dredd_ps_4.jpg

One12-Collective-Judge-Dredd-from-Mezco-02.jpg

Based on my experience with Batman, what you see is what you get. No surprises, no loss of quality. These pics are the exact figure you'll get on day one.

I'm getting kind of irritated right now though, AmiAmi won't recognize my Visa :/

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I've never seen anyone try so hard to make themselves a meme. :p

I've only made a few of these silly images. The rest are by CH4OS (like The Diggeh poster) and some other people.

That Dredd is pretty nice. Hmmmm.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
This is all good information. I swear by the Vallejo Air line. If you want to save some money though you don't even need to use their airbrush thinner. I use target brand Windex. It works great. I don't thin their Air line but do their standard Model Color line. With Vallejo I've found you'll get the best results running about 25 psi. What is your airbrush setup? You want your paint to be about the consistency of skim milk.

I thin the air line by 2:1 paint:thinner ratio, using 10-15 psi. I use thinner because their paint dry up on the tip a bit too quick. It is a quick fix with a q-tip, but on Gundam where there are 200+ pieces it get really annoying.

I use the 2% fat milk consistency. I also roll the paint off the side and check how it run down. If there are solid color left on the side, that mean it is to thick. If it is just thinner left on the side meaning it is too thin. I know it is correct if the color left on the side is a transparent color.

The only problem I ran into is the airbrush sometime shoot out some "paint dust".

I do prefer Vallejo because not only they are great for airbrush, I can also use them for handbrush.

Are you painting garage kit using Vallejo? I found out that their game air line had pretty good anime skin color. Unfortunately that's after I spent 40 bucks on Mr color just for skin tone, so I don't want to spend any more money.

Shun

Vallejo model air has a very good line of airbrush metallic color. It came pre thin, but I prefer to thin it a bit more with vallejo airbrush thinner. You can find bunch of reviews of those metallic color on YouTube.

Vallejo does clog the needle tip after ~20 seconds(you can tell by the outflow decreasing), but it is easy to clean with a q-tip + alcohol on the tip. May be this will fix your clogging problem, unless the clog happens on other places.

Another way to avoid clogging, if your airbrush is dual action, release the paint first then the air, so the air will shoot out the residue paint in the needle. Do the same when you start airbrushing, pull down for air first, then press down for color.

I usually thin my own paint in the airbrush, then back flow to mix the paint. Or use those tiny disposable measurement cup for medicine.

If you don't mind lacquer paint, there are also Allclad II, just get a mask so you don't get brain damage.

What kind of paint are you using?
This is all good information. I swear by the Vallejo Air line. If you want to save some money though you don't even need to use their airbrush thinner. I use target brand Windex. It works great. I don't thin their Air line but do their standard Model Color line. With Vallejo I've found you'll get the best results running about 25 psi. What is your airbrush setup? You want your paint to be about the consistency of skim milk.

I don't have issues with thinning paint other than metallics. Metallics have to be thinned much more than regular paint in my experience.

I use iwata cleaner for no odor and I use 91% alcohol to clean and thin as well.

I use local acrylic brands and I mix my own blend of paints to make the most of the money I spend. My Eva and Gunpla, everything from the gunmetal, metallic pink, white, etc. are all blends and mixes I make to account for the lighter color due to thinning.

I strictly use acrylic paints and acrylic primer. I mix my own primer blend as well with white primer to make my own pink, grey, black primer. I keep Tamiya Light Grey on the side for when I need a different finish or a quick job.

I need to get jars or some paint container to hold my blends because I always make a little too much.

Airbrush is gravity cup not siphon.

I guess I should just thin my paint down a little more. I'm afraid of thinning too much. I need to avoid clogging and occasional sputtering. I hate it when I have a nice clean paint job and it gets ruined with a stray speck.

Has anyone built this and or painted it? I'm interested in Jehuty HD as my next plamo after I finish my line of Gunpla.

How is the build? Is it strong? Is it flexible? Compared to Gunpla?

Shun

Always do the first spray onto a piece of paper before the model after cleaning or changing paint. It'll help you from getting the splatter.

I spray my bottle of alcohol as a test run. My splatter happens in the middle of painting my 11th or 12th piece half the time.

I take forever painting because I only have 20 clips. I need to go make another 40.

omlet

Oh, sword boy nendo preorders sold out on AmiAmi. RIP? Wasn't expecting that but I have no idea how popular this stuff is

It sold out on amiami and hobby search in one day when it went up for preorder. Then reopened again later for some more. This happens a lot with hot items on amiami. They'll sell one batch of POs then secure more and reopen. If you're looking to get one keep an eye on it and it may open again since it's still a ways off.

Decided to pick up another 1/6 scale figure last week. Came in today.

Very Cool female shooter (camo variant). I feel her hair is too long, so I'll be trimming it later.

Edit: That's suppose to be Milla Jovovich's face. Probably can't tell from my pictures.

Nice figure otherwise.

I AM BACK!

Also can someone help me... HOW DO PHYSICS WORK?!

Welcome back. Who is making this Black Cat? Nevermind, found it (Kotobukiya).

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I was gonna go for that Dredd but I hate those yellow shoulder pads so much...

Acid08

Banned
Yo Freeze, there's a 22k A/B Kanbaru on Ami. These fucking prices, man. Did they never do re-releases of any of these figures?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I guess I should just thin my paint down a little more. I'm afraid of thinning too much. I need to avoid clogging and occasional sputtering. I hate it when I have a nice clean paint job and it gets ruined with a stray speck.

If you thin your paint too much, just shoot from further away to avoid spider.

RMI

Banned
Yo Freeze, there's a 22k A/B Kanbaru on Ami. These fucking prices, man. Did they never do re-releases of any of these figures?

Shinobu got a reprint and still went up in price. I would love a reprint of that Kanbaru, cause 22k is crazy.

SerTapTap

Anyone know exactly how stable those DETOLF cases from Ikea are? I'd need something that won't fall over if my ~10lbs cat jumps on it which he surely will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom