• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

So you guys think 50 Euro + shipping for both Milhiore and Leo is a good price?
Someone on MFC is selling both and I was asked to make an offer.

I think that's a good price. They go for over 4-5k yen each in good condition, IIRC, or near $50 each from US resellers like on Amazon. Are you in Europe? If not, shipping will probably be expensive, but probably still comes out to a win in the end.

kewlmyc

I wish I wasn't so picky about how I display my figures. Due to this, I'm thinking of selling my Yamato Velvet.

9886.jpg

Theonik

I think that's a good price. They go for over 4-5k yen each in good condition, IIRC, or near $50 each from US resellers like on Amazon. Are you in Europe? If not, shipping will probably be expensive, but probably still comes out to a win in the end.
I might be really undercutting the seller then we shall see how she responds.
Seller is based in Germany so should have it in a couple of days with no import/customs annoyance.

kewlmyc

The new Alter one getting to you, or what?

Yeah, I have all the Alter Vanillaware figures displayed on the same shelf, and Yamato's Velvet just stands out. Only got her since Alter never made a Velvet figure and now that's not true anymore. She's a really great figure, it's just that she doesn't look good displayed anywhere on my shelf. I usually display figures by series or some sort of common theme as well as scale. She doesn't look right (imo) displayed with the rest of my figures.

omlet

I might be really undercutting the seller then we shall see how she responds.
Seller is based in Germany so should have it in a couple of days with no import/customs annoyance.

I guess I should clarify I meant if they agree to that price it's a good price. It might be a bit low for an offer that they like. In case they say that's too low, I think even at 60 you're getting a deal.

Yeah, I have all the Alter Vanillaware figures displayed on the same shelf, and Yamato's Velvet just stands out. Only got her since Alter never made a Velvet figure and now that's not true anymore. She's a really great figure, it's just that she doesn't look good displayed anywhere on my shelf. I usually display figures by series or some sort of common theme as well as scale. She doesn't look right (imo) displayed with the rest of my figures.

Sell it and wait for Alter's, then!

Theonik

I guess I should clarify I meant if they agree to that price it's a good price. It might be a bit low for an offer that they like. In case they say that's too low, I think even at 60 you're getting a deal.
Yes. Maybe I am being too greedy here.

RMI

Banned

I'm prepared to have my dreams crushed.

I wish I wasn't so picky about how I display my figures. Due to this, I'm thinking of selling my Yamato Velvet.

9886.jpg

I haven't taken mine out of the box but I'm expecting to not display her next to my Alter Gwendolyn, but instead to display her with near Tharja and Catherine. Won't know how that works out until I take her out. My shelf space is real limited right now. I just got a bunch of figs in the mail too and they just are sitting in their boxes waiting to be free :-(

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Yeah, I display the same way, space girls on this shelf, medieval ones that shelf, etc... There are a ton of great figures that don't look right with what I collect, and sometimes you have to part with them. Now would be the time to part with her, the longer you wait the harder it'll be to sell her on.

More money for Guts
It's actually saving me even more money though, I was waiting to see the movie to see if I really wanted the Captain Harlock Hot Toy figure or not...

Ryuuroden

Mother of god, just been in the LEGO thread. Forgot it was NYTF weekend. Holyshit all the amazing new sets coming out. 2015 gonna be brutal, enter that thread at your own risk, expect utter wallet carnage.

Oh yeah, new line of LEGO, somewhat figure related:

6Q7t9IM.jpg

Theonik

Mother of god, just been in the LEGO thread. Forgot it was NYTF weekend. Holyshit all the amazing new sets coming out. 2015 gonna be brutal, enter that thread at your own risk, expect utter wallet carnage.
I'm glad I have managed to wrench myself away from LEGO again.

Yep, fresh from Canada, pine sap and all!

Ha! And you probably got it cheaper then what we can get it here. I'm considering doing this with a couple of detolf. I've been wanting to properly display my Sideshow Muppet Busts and Palisades Muppet figures for YEARS. Haven't done that yet because I've had these grand plans of custom shelves. Meanwhile it all sits in boxes. I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and make a decision on it once and for all.

Wanderer5

6Q7t9IM.jpg

Was ultron shown? Apparently he suppose to be getting the bionicle like design treatment too. Vader ain't looking that bad, but ewwww at Luke.

omlet

Ha! And you probably got it cheaper then what we can get it here. I'm considering doing this with a couple of detolf. I've been wanting to properly display my Sideshow Muppet Busts and Palisades Muppet figures for YEARS. Haven't done that yet because I've had these grand plans of custom shelves. Meanwhile it all sits in boxes. I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and make a decision on it once and for all.

I'm trying to remember how much it was...

The top/bottom pieces are 6 feet long and 16 inches wide. I think those pieces were $15 each. So I used 4 of those. For the supports/shelf walls, I used another of those pieces plus an 8 foot by 16 inches piece. These were all cut into 12" pieces. I had no room for error on those cuts (6+8=14 and each raiser needed 7), so when I messed up one of my cuts I had to go buy another piece :lol.

So I ended up buying 6 of the 6 foot pieces and 1 of the 8 foot pieces so that came out to $110. The backing is 1/4" plywood which was really cheap... I think I used about $10 worth of that. Other odds and ends like nails/screws/putty were pretty negligible on cost, probably totaling up another $10 to buy but of that barely $1 worth of what I bought got used for this, with the rest going into the garage until the next project.

Paint was the other big expense...$50 for a gallon of nice stuff. I only needed about a pint to paint them but I got a gallon anyway in case I need more for another project later (plus, I need to do some touch-up inside the house where the cat scratched the paint off a few of the door frames lol).

If you decide to build something like it, feel free to ask me for any more details. Here are the pics again that I took during the process http://imgur.com/a/pyUiq#0

6Q7t9IM.jpg

Luke looks more of a robot than Vader. Vader looks alright.

I'm trying to remember how much it was...

The top/bottom pieces are 6 feet long and 16 inches wide. I think those pieces were $15 each. So I used 4 of those. For the supports/shelf walls, I used another of those pieces plus an 8 foot by 16 inches piece. These were all cut into 12" pieces. I had no room for error on those cuts (6+8=14 and each raiser needed 7), so when I messed up one of my cuts I had to go buy another piece :lol.

So I ended up buying 6 of the 6 foot pieces and 1 of the 8 foot pieces so that came out to $110. The backing is 1/4" plywood which was really cheap... I think I used about $10 worth of that. Other odds and ends like nails/screws/putty were pretty negligible on cost, probably totaling up another $10 to buy but of that barely $1 worth of what I bought got used for this, with the rest going into the garage until the next project.

Paint was the other big expense...$50 for a gallon of nice stuff. I only needed about a pint to paint them but I got a gallon anyway in case I need more for another project later (plus, I need to do some touch-up inside the house where the cat scratched the paint off a few of the door frames lol).

If you decide to build something like it, feel free to ask me for any more details. Here are the pics again that I took during the process http://imgur.com/a/pyUiq#0

Yep. You definitely get the wood cheaper there. That won't be a deterrent though. I need to get these things displayed. I'll let you know if I have any other questions.

Acid08

Banned
She looks like shit. I'm very disappointed, not going to buy her. Damn shame, too. I've wanted a Yukari forever.

That face is so bad, looks nothing like her.

Vertex stays sucking.
She looks closer to the way she does in the movie, which is what the figure is from.

Have fun still waiting forever, we're never getting another one.

Caladrius

Welcome back ! I don't own those specific figures but D-Arts are basically the older SH Figuarts, so I think the quality is not on par with figmas (and I say that as an avid collector of DBZ SH Figuarts).
That said, I got D-Arts Elizabeth and Thanatos and I'm quite happy with them, but I got them for cheap.

Welcome back and IMO the only weakness/advantage is that D-Arts' figure forms tend to be unique unlike figmas having a base build.

Congrats man =D I've gotta check out mandrake more lol but don't want my wallet ti implode XD

Alrighty, thanks for the input. Probably going to grab Labrys then.

6Q7t9IM.jpg

Vader is Sexy, Luke is terrifying. Can't wait to see Grievous, since he looks like he's a natural fit for this aesthetic.

Oh shit that means new Transformers too.

Might check out the mask maker and skull grinder.

All over that Skull Warrior and Mask Maker + Skull Grinder. Gonna pass on the rest though I'm afraid.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
The figure looks nice, the movie though... Great CGI nonetheless.

Yeah, I heard it's a big pile of very pretty shit, hence the why I didn't outright buy the figure, but I still gotta see it... Just might be a long ass time from now....

Damn I don't like Sakura but this came out good.
http://instagram.com/p/zF4Ev1n7oC/
here ya go:

I'm sooo passing on the Superpowers line, childhood nostalgia be damned, I was hoping for a bit more awesomeness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom