• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Long time no see (Mainly because I haven't had money for figures)

However now I do have some money and I'm currently stuck between getting one of the two Labrys figmas (Which I'm torn between since it's a war of Original vs. better colors) or D-Arts Izanagi.

Do D-Arts have any weaknesses compared to figmas or is this purely a matter of taste?

Theonik

Huh? How come that one doesn't show up in my searches? I looked at the Pre-Owned section and also typed in "Kant Colle Nendo" but Hiei shows up sold out. AmiAmi has pre-owned stuff that is...unsearchable??
Pre-owned is not searchable I think. AmiAmi's site is crap.

Zerojul

However now I do have some money and I'm currently stuck between getting one of the two Labrys figmas (Which I'm torn between since it's a war of Original vs. better colors) or D-Arts Izanagi.

Do D-Arts have any weaknesses compared to figmas or is this purely a matter of taste?

Welcome back ! I don't own those specific figures but D-Arts are basically the older SH Figuarts, so I think the quality is not on par with figmas (and I say that as an avid collector of DBZ SH Figuarts).
That said, I got D-Arts Elizabeth and Thanatos and I'm quite happy with them, but I got them for cheap.

george_us

Wow this thread is moving at light speed. Only five days old yet it's already about to hit 60 pages. Crazy how much and how active this community has become compared to the first thread.

chrono01

Ahh, Character Name search links...I see.
Yeah, but regular search works for others. For some reason, the text in Hiei title is missing, which is why direct searches don't show up for her.

For instance, search "Super Sonico" [or a multitude of others characters] and plenty of pre-owned items will appear.

tumblr_njp7frvl761qzdctco1_500.jpg

yeah that base....is way to small for that pose

gk =(

Chariot

I am currently building a plastic model of the Bismarck, but I am stuck since I need to drill 1.3 mm holes into it, but have no drill near me. Is there something I can do instead of using a drill or am I forced need to find one?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
What do you guys think about Mefmera? I was gonna skip her, but now looking at her..... Plus it ain't like Nanami or Wo-class are going to come out this month....
Cut her ears of and Mefmera looks great...

Just looking to see what Hobbysearch put up and HOLYWHATTHEFUCK

NSFW OMG NSFW

That's an old as fuck GK, holy shit haven't seen it for years. LOL

Hot Toys, please stop.

I think I could skip Obi Wan. Han and Chewie, Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper (to stand by Vader) were must haves, old man can stay dead. Really just want a 1/6 Boba Fett, Luke and Leia now. I don't even need the droids...

So I found the artwork in which MF's sorceress is based on.

I wonder if they'll go with the colors in the artwork or with her original colors.
Regardless, I can't wait to see it painted. Slightly less excited for MegaHouse's rerelease of Elf now, there's no way Max Factory won't do all the girls. I also really hope they do the male cast too.
That art is awesome I would not mind at all if they went with that color scheme, in fact it would 100% guarantee it's place in my collection.

-----------------------

Wo-class and Mikasa Ackerman both back up on amiami for pre-order, guess my Feb order is gonna consist of Yuki Mori ver1 and nothing else :(

Theonik

I am currently building a plastic model of the Bismarck, but I am stuck since I need to drill 1.3 mm holes into it, but have no drill near me. Is there something I can do instead of using a drill or am I forced need to find one?
You should go on plastic modelGAF they will be able to assist you.

Railyn

Neo Member
So what are the Figure GAF wallet slaying (per toy) tiers.

Lowest to highest.
amiibo
Plushies
Action Figures?
Nendoroids
Figmas
Scales
Dolls?
Berserk

Mine are:

Prize figures
Nendoroids
Plushies
Scales

I cringe when I think about how my plushies, on average, cost me
$80+ each
. Scales I can accept as being a higher priced item as long as the quality is there.

Zerojul

I think I could skip Obi Wan. Han and Chewie, Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper (to stand by Vader) were must haves, old man can stay dead. Really just want a 1/6 Boba Fett, Luke and Leia now. I don't even need the droids...

No way I could skip sir Guinness, especially as good as he looks here. Plus he doesn't have that many accessories, so I think he could be cheap (relatively speaking, of course, it's Hot Toys we're talking about).
No Yoda for you ?

Edit : B/B Bishoujo Supergirl, 9.6k. Not bad I think ?
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-2439

Added two new members to my growing nendo army today. As a side note, the Black ★ Rock Shooter LE box is really nice.

Still only able to take pictures with my phone. This is the best one I had out of about 20 or so shots. It is by far the most strikingly clear, noise-free pic I've taken. My phone only has 3 neutered manual settings (ISO, White Balance, and a limited Exposure Value), and playing with them doesn't seem to make drastic differences. I wish I knew what I did to make this one so clear. I used these same settings for about 5 pics, and the other 4 are full of noise.

EDIT: Forgot my little story with assembling the Petits. BRS's eye-flame thingy is held on by a TINY clear plastic piece that sits between the inside of the hair and face plate. It's seriously half the size of a grain of rice.

While putting her together, I was trying not to drop it on the carpet for fear of losing it. I got it settled onto the inner hair peg, and was lowering the hair back onto the head. Well, despite being careful, it snapped together suddenly and shot the little eye-flame clip across the room. My heart dropped... It took me about 30 mins on the floor with a high power LED flashlight to find it.

So I get back to putting her together again, and this time I use tweezers to hold the clear plastic peg in order to be extra careful. Right as I put it on the hair piece the tweezers pinch it just right, and send it across the room again. I was so mad lol.

So here's a lesson. Nendoroid Petits have teeny tiny pieces, work with diligence.

Hurray for having internet in the middle of nowhere.

My wallet killers are, from the ones that I buy less to the ones that I buy a lot:

Nendoroid (only in extreme cases)
Prize figures
Scales
Figmas
Bonus level: amiibos

I may have to get a figure of the one boatgirl who reminds me of Haruhi for some reason.

Lego, especially new in box Lego from the 90's or earlier are the massive wallet killer.

Tears of joy right about now

ThePeoplesBureau1423915230.jpeg

ThePeoplesBureau1423915232.jpeg

ThePeoplesBureau1423915234.jpeg

ThePeoplesBureau1423915236.jpeg

ThePeoplesBureau1423915238.jpeg

Manda put the value at 2k yen... not a penny of customs to pay... and she was delivered right to the door! ;_;

Will get around to unboxed photos when possible, but damn... it feels like I have a holy artefact sat next to me :O

taoofjord

My shipment by way of Priority Mail Express International (from Italy) to the U.S. has been stuck at preparing shipment for a week now, should I keep waiting?

Manda put the value at 2k yen... not a penny of customs to pay... and she was delivered right to the door! ;_;

Will get around to unboxed photos when possible, but damn... it feels like I have a holy artefact sat next to me :O

I'm so jealous! It'll be weeks before mine gets to me.

I want to hear all about her!

ThePeoplesBureau1423915230.jpeg

ThePeoplesBureau1423915232.jpeg

ThePeoplesBureau1423915234.jpeg

ThePeoplesBureau1423915236.jpeg

ThePeoplesBureau1423915238.jpeg

What the fuck, 2k?!? I should start asking for something similar.

Nice purchase, by the way.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
No way I could skip sir Guinness, especially as good as he looks here. Plus he doesn't have that many accessories, so I think he could be cheap (relatively speaking, of course, it's Hot Toys we're talking about).
No Yoda for you ?

Edit : B/B Bishoujo Supergirl, 9.6k. Not bad I think ?
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-2439

I leave the Star Wars stuff to my wife actually, she pushed me into getting them with Han and Chewbacca, so if she wants Obi Wan we'll get Obi Wan, if she wants Yoda we'll get Yoda, but I personally don't want to get anymore then I absolutely have to.

I'm getting to the point where I have too many Hot Toys from too many lines and have narrowed my 1/6 figure focus to Avengers/Star Wars/Alien/Game of Thrones/Customs. I'm keeping 2 of my 5 Terminators and pretty much gonna get rid of the rest. I've got a HT Robocop on pre-order with a local seller that I'm getting wishy-washy on and might try to cancel. I have a shelf of 4 predators when I only needed one. I have a lot of Hot Toys I like to look at, but don't mean as much to me as they should have...

Getting into statues means less room and I have to trim the fat, last year before I got Hellboy I would have been dead certain I'd start selling off Japanese scales first, but it's actually the Hot Toys that will be going. I'd keep them all if I had the room, but if I don't start trimming soon I'll have to start keeping things in boxes or putting four figures per shelf (I like 3 max) and while I could squeeze another detolf in, it would be the kinda squeeze that goes from "nice collection" to " well he went overboard"...

oh my... that figure under her feet...with the towel... oh my

Awesome, glad you didn't have to pay more for her, she was expensive enough...

Theonik

http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/ThePeoplesBureau1423915230.jpeg

http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/ThePeoplesBureau1423915232.jpeg

http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/ThePeoplesBureau1423915234.jpeg

http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/ThePeoplesBureau1423915236.jpeg

http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/ThePeoplesBureau1423915238.jpeg

image.php

NotLiquid

I haven't paid high figure customs in so long that I should have thought twice about buying a 1/4 scale and having it shipped here with EMS due to my impatience.

I'm so boned (´・ω・`)

Goddamnit I was so shocked that I saw the rare "fedora wearer" that I dropped my 3DS. And it was a real fedora, not a trillby.

I feel like I found a real life shiny.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Hello,

We regret to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:

"Harlock Space Pirate 3D/2D Blu-ray"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

God damn it, first EVA 3.3 got cancelled, now this...

RMI

Banned

Congrats, even the box is beautiful.

Did it come with a bearded neck or atheist T-shirt?

Nah, actually it had a plain shirt and cargo shorts. The guy was pretty thin too, not overweight.

On topic, goddamn it is hot here. I would send some pictures but I don't want to get doxxed. Also, just checked and my figures are the same as they were 1 week ago, no updates. Sigh.

Welcome back and IMO the only weakness/advantage is that D-Arts' figure forms tend to be unique unlike figmas having a base build.

Congrats man =D I've gotta check out mandrake more lol but don't want my wallet ti implode XD

Ultimadrago

rin_asano1423681128g2ufq.jpeg

Anzu comes with two adorably mischievous faces??

*scream*

Though I saw someone talk concern of it being "Koto Shop" exclusive. Does the Koto Shop do bonus exclusives? (Also please don't be Koto Shop exclusive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom