• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

71W0a0NkPoL._SL1440_.jpg

That totally not creepy or anything.

Acid08

Banned
Oh, GSC's Wo-Class available fo pre-order again at AmiAmi:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...d+Smile+Company$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I just placed my pre-order.

The lack of information regarding Max Factory's Wo-Class [as well as the price I'm sure will be coupled with it], I think the wiser decision is to go with GSC's version. Not only that, I personally feel the look of GSC's will fit in much better with my current KanColle figures than MF's more...organic look.

I think it was Freeze or Kewl that said figures going back up for pre-order was a good sign they were delayed.

Sorry bros :(

chrono01

GSC Wo is a great figure.

You know, without the cap she's kinda pretty... I hope she actually has lines and a personality in the show.
Agreed.

I'm anxiously awaiting her first appearance in the anime. Her and Re-Class, specifically.

I think it was Freeze or Kewl that said figures going back up for pre-order was a good sign they were delayed.

*sigh*

You know what that means...
Yeah, that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw her available again.

Delay - Confirmed.

....Too bad you'll have to buy a new Velvet to match them anyway. ;)

tumblr_m2coq5LVsR1qh3vok.gif

I still haven't unboxed my Velvet, but from what I can see in the box she's going to be a bit bigger scale-wise compared to Gwendolyn. Hopefully they don't look weird next to each other.

Yeah she looks a lot smaller in the box but when I put her next to the Sorceress, she's just a little bit taller then her. Grant it, Velvet's base is just a little bit taller then the Sorceress.

dsc00054z6qqi.jpg

omlet

I would lose my mind trying to maintain that hair.

Yeah... most of the dolls I see here or on amiami (especially like that creepy miku) don't really look that interesting to me but something about this one caught my eye... she's cute. I think it might be her proportions look pretty good (for an anime-face doll). I'm not going down the doll rabbit hole, but she's cute...
Edit: It's not just her; much of the Pure Neemo line looks nice IMO.

Oh, GSC's Wo-Class available fo pre-order again at AmiAmi:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...d+Smile+Company$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I just placed my pre-order.

Yeah, more or less confirms her delay lol. At least you guys who were still debating can snag one now!

She's about 15% less creepy in person.

idontbelieveyou.gif

Meyneth

I feel that pullips require poofy dresses/clothing to make the large head more proportionally acceptable. I've got three (Snow White, Princess Serenity, Princess Sapphire) and the poofy clothing really helps

Also, Groove's stock photos for the dolls usually look weird.. :/

bu.....but my hopes and dreams :'(

We're about halfway through the month now. We have a good idea of what's going to hit their release dates now. We know Samurai recolor and Mefmera are out. What about Koto's Fairy Garden Annabel?

Yep. Good old Kotobukiya, always on time. But we have no box-shots for Satan, Chiaki, that Kill Me Baby figure, or Wo-class. DELAY DELAY DELAY DELAY.

Zerojul

$650 USD

Dolls ain't cheap, bro. These are collector pieces, not the type your kid sister gets for her birthday.

I'm shocked because there are dolls more expensive than my
Hot Toys
dolls. I thought I had the most expensive dolls. Dreams crushed.

Jokes aside I think it looks nice, and it must be pretty big too (the site says her eyes are 24mm)

Edit :
It's a 1/3 Scale

60cm or about 23 1/2in
Yeah pretty damn big.

Hot Toys

Jokes aside I think it looks nice, and it must be pretty big too (the site says her eyes are 24mm)

Edit :
Yeah pretty damn big.

I feel for her size, build quality, and nice changeable clothes; coupled with the fact they continue to release new parts and outfits, makes her a decent investment.

I made my choice though. She's beautiful, but I'm not attached enough to the vanilla Snow Miku look to spend the money.

God help me if they ever make IA, GUMI, or Luka.

Meyneth

Hot Toys

Edit :
Yeah pretty damn big.
Volks' bjd's are expensive, but once you start looking at the other companies you'll find a wide range of price tiers. Aside from special art dolls, you'll probably see iplehouse as another expensive company.
Most companies don't do specific character dolls like volks/groove/azone though

Zerojul

I feel for her size, build quality, and nice changeable clothes; coupled with the fact they continue to release new parts and outfits, makes her a decent investment.

Yeah, I know nothing about dolls but Volks makes high-end, high quality model kits. Their 1/100 FFS line is no joke. So I believe the quality of the build for their dolls line must be quite high, too.

Femto.

So I found the artwork in which MF's sorceress is based on.

I wonder if they'll go with the colors in the artwork or with her original colors.
Regardless, I can't wait to see it painted. Slightly less excited for MegaHouse's rerelease of Elf now, there's no way Max Factory won't do all the girls. I also really hope they do the male cast too.

Busaiku

So what are the Figure GAF wallet slaying (per toy) tiers.

Lowest to highest.
amiibo
Plushies
Action Figures?
Nendoroids
Figmas
Scales
Dolls?
Berserk

chrono01

So I found the artwork in which MF's sorceress is based on.

I wonder if they'll go with the colors in the artwork or with her original colors.
Regardless, I can't wait to see it painted. Slightly less excited for MegaHouse's rerelease of Elf now, there's no way Max Factory won't do all the girls. I also really hope they do the male cast too.
I have a mighty need.

And this is it.

Femto.

Lowest to highest.
amiibo
Plushies
Action Figures?
3)Nendoroids
Figmas
2)Scales
Dolls?
1)!>>>>>>>>Berserk<<<<<<<<<!
want this so badly.

I have a mighty need.

And this is it.

I really dig how her bust isn't overly exaggerated with the sculpt.

Funny, Selveria's gets enhanced and Sorceress' bust has never looked more human.

RMI

Banned

Lowest to highest.
amiibo
Plushies
Action Figures?
Nendoroids
Figmas
Scales
Dolls?
Berserk

Amiibo
Nendo
Figma
Scales (not sure if Madoka or Vocaloid stuff represents my biggest investment)

is basically how it goes for me.

Acid08

Banned

Lowest to highest.
amiibo
Plushies
Action Figures?
Nendoroids
Figmas
Scales
Dolls?
Berserk
Gunpla and scales over everything. I do want to try getting more figmas. Nendos will always be on a case by case basis, don't think I'll ever buy too many of them.

Zerojul

Hot Toys and Gundam kits should definately be near the top of that.

HG kits are near Amiibo-level prices (1~2k) but PG are pretty damn expensive (15~20k)...

-------------------------------------------

For me it would be (descending order)

- figma (I only have a few for now)
- nendos (but they're taking more and more space because of their awesomeness)
- gundam kits (only MG, so not cheap)
- action figures (SRC and DBZ SH F, but mostly Myth Cloth, those are expensive and it's getting worse)
- Lego
- Hot Toys/ Sideshow 1/6 scales (I have so many on preorder it's scary)

Wanderer5

Lowest to highest.
amiibo
Plushies
Action Figures?
Nendoroids
Figmas
Scales
Dolls?
Berserk

Stuff like amiibos, bionicles, pop and then Plushes/Nendoroid/Figmas which so far been around $30-50. Snow Miku 2015 is the most expensive figure I gotten so far at around $55, but she will be topped by Lucina pretty much.

chrono01

Lowest to highest.
amiibo
Plushies
Action Figures?
Nendoroids
Figmas
Scales
Dolls?
Berserk
For me:

Amiibo [once I complete Wave 3, I'll likely sell them all and be done with it]
Figma
Nendoroid
Scales

Scales definitely outnumber everything else in my collection.

Theonik

So you guys think 50 Euro + shipping for both Milhiore and Leo is a good price?
Someone on MFC is selling both and I was asked to make an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom