• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Hmm second one looks nice, price a tad high for me but we'll see if I can find a deal or not!
Yeah, her price is a bit high considering what you get.

Don't get me wrong, she's a nice-looking figure, but considering she's only 1/8 scale [and, honestly, pretty small] I feel she's about 4k yen more than she should be. That KanColle tax, though. :/

I'm happy with her regardless.

RMI

Banned
Cities are so eww.

green acres is the place to be, farm living is the life for me.

for reals, living int he country is awesome AS LONG AS YOU HAVE DECENT INTERNET. Until recently I was stuck with DSL and it was some straight up bullshit.

That said, of the big cities I've been too I would be happy to live in Tokyo, Madrid, or Barcelona. Doubt it'll ever happen though.

Alright I'm back from Comic Con!

Time to sift through waaaay too many photos. Most of them aren't "good" composition wise, but when you've got 15 seconds and a bunch of tired cosplayers I'm not complaining.
Also some street photos, I hope some of those turned out good.

Einbroch

Banned
green acres is the place to be, farm living is the life for me.

for reals, living int he country is awesome AS LONG AS YOU HAVE DECENT INTERNET. Until recently I was stuck with DSL and it was some straight up bullshit.
Yup. Told my fiancé I wasn't building a house unless we got high speed cable day one.

RMI

Banned
Where I want to live is technically nowhere near a city, but it's so nice to the point that a 1bed 1bath is nearly $850. The closest city is Indianapolis so it's weird that it's so expensive.

I've been to Indianapolis a few time for GenCon, and you're right, that is weird. Indianapolis is a shit-hole.

holy shit

that house where I live would probably be 1.5m, easy. Fuck California.

I grew up near Los Angeles and the house I live in now in central NY (3 bed 2 bath 0.5 acre land) would be outrageously expensive there. My brothers pay more to rent in LA than I do to own here, by far.

Where I want to live is technically nowhere near a city, but it's so nice to the point that a 1bed 1bath is nearly $850. The closest city is Indianapolis so it's weird that it's so expensive.

I pay around $750 for a 2-story (3 beds, 2 baths) about an hour North of NYC. It's starting to get a bit more crowded around here, though. So I'm toying with the idea of moving South. North Carolina or so. Plus
I really don't wanna be this close to NYC when the terrorists finally nuke it :p

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm glad I get 300 euros a month back - tax-deductible interest on the mortgage. Makes buying a house much cheaper than renting.

Acid08

Banned
I grew up near Los Angeles and the house I live in now in central NY (3 bed 2 bath 0.5 acre land) would be outrageously expensive there. My brothers pay more to rent in LA than I do to own here, by far.

Yeah, I'm in the Bay Area and the tech millionaires have driven the prices up so much. I visit family in Michigan and they're paying $400 a month to rent an apartment that would be $2k a month easily here. Shit is ridiculous.

It's even worse in SF where an equivalent apartment is more like $3.5k a month.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I pay around $750 for a 2-story (3 beds, 2 baths) about an hour North of NYC. It's starting to get a bit more crowded around here, though. So I'm toying with the idea of moving South. North Carolina or so. Plus
I really don't wanna be this close to NYC when the terrorists finally nuke it :p

Yeah, I don't think detolf will protect pvc against nuke, may be I should move away from Los Angeles.

$1500 a month for mine, 3 beds, 1 bath. I wish my job is somewhere cheaper, I could get all the ship girl nendoroid. :(

kewlmyc

Maybe I just need to buy a house instead of looking at apartments.

I like Indy. :(

I liked living in Indy until I moved to San Antonio for 5 years. Came back to Indy and I just can't appreciate it anymore. Feels like there's nothing to do here.

Also bought this off a guy on MFC.

78585.jpg

Been doing a lot of good business on there recently, both selling and buying. Well except for the Lili figure I sent someone that got stolen off of his porch. :/ Felt bad for him so I just gave him his money back.

Settin

If someone drops a nuke on the US, I want to be in the blast. Being a survivor would be so much worse.

omlet

3 bedrooms, 1.5 stories. Its a cape cod style.moderate sized living room and dining room.

I've repurposed two of the bedrooms, one holding all my collectibles, the other is my office.

Mine's 3 bedrooms, too, but just single story, 2008 construction. I've basically done the same thing... one of the spare bedroom is my office/figures room, the other is the spare bed and the cat's room. So glad to be out of apartment living.

Only consistently annoying downside to finding a relatively new house for cheap on the newer side of town is that I basically cannot buy a house in this city and get any further away from where I work, lol...so my commute is pretty bad (by this city's standards, not by Big City standards).

It's my first house and there are definitely some things I'd do differently for picking out a second purchase if I move, but, eh, it's more than good enough for me and my cats and, best of all, it's paid off so now my monthly living expenses are basically just insurance which is even cheaper than renting a crummy apartment.

My mom gives me a hard time about having such an "empty" house lol... besides the spare dining room table I have, I could easily fit all my stuff back into a roomy 1-bedroom apartment (like I had before), but no way am I going back to that unless I have to :v

Ryuuroden

My business partner just picked up a beautiful 4,000 square foot house on 10 acres of land for 280k just 15 minutes outside the city here. I am planning on building something similar.

RMI

Banned
Mine's 3 bedrooms, too, but just single story, 2008 construction. I've basically done the same thing... one of the spare bedroom is my office/figures room, the other is the spare bed and the cat's room. So glad to be out of apartment living.

Only consistently annoying downside to finding a relatively new house for cheap on the newer side of town is that I basically cannot buy a house in this city and get any further away from where I work, lol...so my commute is pretty bad (by this city's standards, not by Big City standards).

It's my first house and there are definitely some things I'd do differently for picking out a second purchase if I move, but, eh, it's more than good enough for me and my cats and, best of all, it's paid off so now my monthly living expenses are basically just insurance which is even cheaper than renting a crummy apartment.

I know this feel. but overall I'm pretty happy in my place. Probably should have planned an extra extra room for figs though. The office is feeling a bit cramped and I haven't even put the second and third shelves up yet. I'm trying not to think too hard about what will be come of my display areas if we have a kid.

mines 1950s!

I like it though, its well built and the kitchen and bathroom were updated in the 00s so both are nice.
My business partner just picked up a beautiful 4,000 square foot house on 10 acres of land for 280k just 15 minutes outside the city here. I am planning on building something similar.
of course you would build

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
1940s here too. I wish I bought a newer house, it would be extra half hour drive, but a lot less fixing and maintenance. Plus it would be a lot bigger, I want an open kitchen.

Oh well, life goes on, may be when I retire if I survive that long.

Giolon

yea, mine is 520, I live in the suburbs. Its also a suburb of Pittsburgh (I work downtown) which is a cheaper cityI sleep solo in a queen size bed. Always room

3 bedrooms, 1.5 stories. Its a cape cod style.moderate sized living room and dining room.

I've repurposed two of the bedrooms, one holding all my collectibles, the other is my office.

Jesus Christ. Mine is multiples of what you guys pay, and I live in a fucking cracker box. *slits wrist*

I'm imagining how many more figures I could buy with that money...

Settin

Nah man, it's all about offensive driving now, in a purely pre-emptive sense.

I love my STi so much. Person goes slow in the left lane. Move to the right lane at a stoplight. Person gets butthurt and tries to block me out. I have 300 horsepower and there's nothing they can do. Feels good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom