• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toy-Fair-2015-Jakks-World-of-Nintendo-9.jpg
Kinda want one.

RMI

Banned
my wife came into the office and noticed that I snuck Noel into my magical girl display, asking, "who is that gold haired girl?!?" I told her she had always been there, but I don't think she bought it.

B928WA9IQAEnfhn.jpg

The more I look at her the happier I am with the purchase. I think they did a great job with her. The paint is a little iffy in spots but for the price I think she's great. Awesome pose, a few different display options (i.e. normal, quasi-lewd, and lewd), and a really nice face.

Here we go!

iqhD8paMMMpf7.jpg

My buddy Nick with an FF7 Buster Sword. He's dressed as off duty Shepard, or so I'm told.

iJMuNNo8sNhB9.jpg

Latex Officer Jenny. I can't not post this.

ibuozSRyYZuM9C.jpg

"Hrmm... Why do I feel out of place?

iL4JbrG2ESyAX.jpg

i5uINDMDdiLke.jpg

iwGq2DTA0OTet.jpg

These two were adorable.

ijHrvU53XV77q.jpg

As were these two.

iA6SLYWWxRwSN.jpg

She was not as amused by Satsuki's sword as I was.

igkfgGO9i74Ls.jpg

Suave Weegee.

Here's the full gallery of highlights, including a few figures and some street photography.
http://h3xantistyle.minus.com/mNyESg8MoyHrG

raven777

I am occasionally at that university installing labs and stuff.
wow so many IN gaf!

I'm so sorry.

Kidding! I went there as well. Only for a year, but still! So many Indiana residents in FigurGAF (even if it was in the past). Our house is right next to the Purdue golf course.

I haven't actually been to the golf course in Purdue.

I miss the Japanese restaurant there, Kokoro. I really loved their food.

someone was asking for an update on my setup so here it is. This is the majority of my figures, The rest share detolfs with LEGO.

Eventually the two Kan Colle figures are going to be transferred to a Kan Colle Detolf and that shelf will have 4 sins figures on it. Lucifer is incoming and Astaroth is pre-ordered.

Great setup!

Was browsing through IGN and found this on their Toy Fair 2015 page:

Yeah, I posted that in ComicsGAF the other day. It's part of the Femme Fatales line, so the quality isn't going to be super-high. Especially not for $45. But I do so love Bruce Timm's animated series designs, so I'll probably bite anyway.

Yeah, I posted that in ComicsGAF the other day. It's part of the Femme Fatales line, so the quality isn't going to be super-high. Especially not for $45. But I do so love Bruce Timm's animated series designs, so I'll probably bite anyway.

I've always liked Justice League Unlimited.

Huntress and the Question best couple.

Acid08

Banned
Finished up the HG ZZ.

It was really fun to build. MG-esque in the way the parts were molded. Almost all the colored pieces in it are molded in actual colors instead of stickers. Weirdly enough the only pieces that aren't are the red knee parts which are stickers. I'm sure there's a good reason for it but it's weird that just that one part wasn't actually molded in the correct color. The black stickers are easy to apply and make it look way better. Glad that Bandai provided so many! Posing isn't great without a stand and I somehow doubt it'll be that much better even with one. That's okay though, it looks ridiculously good just standing there.

It's also pretty big:

Way bigger than the Grimoire. Only about a head shorter than the MG Spiegel.

omlet

Well, to make up for tonight's off topic posts, here are some new pictures of an old favorite, Good Smile Company's 2009 Lily Saber 1/7.

I finally picked up a tripod for my camera this month so I'm testing it out. I'm also trying out using my old light tent in a different way... putting my light in it instead of my figure in it. I also got my old black window curtain from my apartment out of the closet and tried using it as a backdrop. I was experimenting with exposure to try to keep the background (which has some wrinkles in it) from showing up too clearly (several shots I had to throw out because it did). Took about 60 shots and here are the handful that I feel turned out at least mostly presentable.

I'm not a buy-all-the-Sabers guy but, dang, this Saber is pretty.

Next time I want to try this with a less warm main light. Since she's blonde the warm light is okay on her IMO, but I'd like to get a different bulb to compare (mainly for her dress, so it's less yellow). Maybe a cool secondary light would do it, or at least help.

Random aside: I've had this figure for years and I don't think I've ever really cleaned/dusted it, and I certainly didn't before this shoot... DETOLF power keeping that dust away!

Acid08

Banned
So I've noticed something weird looking through stuff about these Nisekoi nendos. From what I've seen in MFC comments and my own snooping:

1. The Nisekoi nendos are being closed for pre-order months and months in advance of release.
2. They aren't coming back in stock.
3. The Chitoge nendo is going for insane prices on places like NY and Playoma. Like $150/16k yen insane. I know these places carry stuff at a premium but that seems insane even by their standards. Amazon and eBay sellers are $100+

Are these just really limited runs? Lots of demand? I know Nisekoi is popular but this seems crazy.

Femto.

People dicussing a possible DoA Bishoujo line since MGS is getting one. You can't mention DoA anymore without Marie Rose getting brought up at one point.

I wish. Femto was just giving her (and me, because I like her) a hard time a few posts up on this page.
Heh, I do it to mess around.

Last thing I'll say about DoA, it's unfortunate that people dismiss it due to the fan service along with Marie Rose being brought up a lot as it was mentioned. When all is said and done it's a good 3D fighter.

Back on topic;
Figure butts
*nudges Settin*

huh they even changed samurai recolor panty color. It still has the....
camel toe
apparently lol.

Wished it had a shorter neckkk, bleh. In other news. Labrys has yet to show up on mandarake

edit
saw this on AX. A bit OT but I was there in person when he proposed lol

Giolon

Well, to make up for tonight's off topic posts, here are some new pictures of an old favorite, Good Smile Company's 2009 Lily Saber 1/7.

I finally picked up a tripod for my camera this month so I'm testing it out. I'm also trying out using my old light tent in a different way... putting my light in it instead of my figure in it. I also got my old black window curtain from my apartment out of the closet and tried using it as a backdrop. I was experimenting with exposure to try to keep the background (which has some wrinkles in it) from showing up too clearly (several shots I had to throw out because it did). Took about 60 shots and here are the handful that I feel turned out at least mostly presentable.

I'm not a buy-all-the-Sabers guy but, dang, this Saber is pretty.

Next time I want to try this with a less warm main light. Since she's blonde the warm light is okay on her IMO, but I'd like to get a different bulb to compare (mainly for her dress, so it's less yellow). Maybe a cool secondary light would do it, or at least help.

Random aside: I've had this figure for years and I don't think I've ever really cleaned/dusted it, and I certainly didn't before this shoot... DETOLF power keeping that dust away!

Bravo, sir! Very nicely done.

How did you end up keeping the background so well un-lit? More than just distance?

cajunator

Banned
someone was asking for an update on my setup so here it is. This is the majority of my figures, The rest share detolfs with LEGO.

Eventually the two Kan Colle figures are going to be transferred to a Kan Colle Detolf and that shelf will have 4 sins figures on it. Lucifer is incoming and Astaroth is pre-ordered.

Youve got a lot of figures I have.

Femto.

Ah, someone else who believes in the billy.
I'm assuming the white furniture is the billy?

Can you set the levels of the shelves/remove them? If yes, I'll probably look into that to display Femto and Guts.

I'm assuming the white furniture is the billy?

Can you set the levels of the shelves/remove them? If yes, I'll probably look into that to display Femto and Guts.

Yeah, they shelves are all adjustable except for the middle one. Why becomes evident when you're assembling it.

omlet

Bravo, sir! Very nicely done.

How did you end up keeping the background so well un-lit? More than just distance?

Thanks!

Mainly distance (edit: backdrop was about 3 feet away from the figure) but also for a few of them, depending on where the light was, I lowered the exposure correction to darken it a bit which obscured the uneven surface.

Here's an example of one that didn't work out (you can clearly see the curtain on the left side of the picture):

Femto.

Ikea Billy with two Morliden glass doors.

Of course, the doors are optional. And if you don't care about color, the white one is $20 cheaper.

Didn't notice the price spike on the other colors, but I'd most likely will get black, since that is the color of all of my furniture. The white would stick out too easily, I think I'll manage to fit that billy but it will be a tight fit. I'll see if I can get something more feasible in terms of height, if not, then I'll have to settle for that. I'd prefer the doors, I live in Southern California, and earthquakes are my biggest fear. If I'm going to spend over 2k on these then I'm sure as hell going to make sure they're safe from falling over from an earthquake lol

Thanks Freeza.

If you're working with a standard 8ft ceiling, you'll be fine. And the width shouldn't be an issue since it's the same as one of the units you linked to. The bottom of the unit also has a cutout for molding on the side that sits against the wall.

Femto.

It wasn't the ceiling that concerned me, I was wondering if I could find a shelf that would fit under a light switch, but I just realized that if I move a another piece of furniture I should be fine with the billy. Going to buy it within the next few months and then the glass doors when it comes closer to Guts' release. Thanks again bruh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom