• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

huh they even changed samurai recolor panty color. It still has the....
camel toe
apparently lol.

Wished it had a shorter neckkk, bleh. In other news. Labrys has yet to show up on mandarake

edit
saw this on AX. A bit OT but I was there in person when he proposed lol

Glad she wasn't dressed as Noel. :p

Good for them though.

cajunator

Banned
I don't understand how you can live in Louisiana. I lived in the south most of my life and the humidity is shit-tier

I love heat/sun.
i hate cold weather. Anything remotely damp or chilly sucks.
Also there is so much to do, and so much great food to eat. Its very easy to live here.
Oh and also living in a place that offers gigabit internet doesnt hurt.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
FIG-MOE-03300.jpg

Still lingering around in preowned. Won't someone buy her>

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've had a tab open on the same product page for weeks now. Last night I finally decided to close it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The Love Live Nendo petites. I've had a long and hard thought about them. But factors like room and the colour scheme of their outfits being a bit bland (would have been cooler if they reflected their image colours) finally made me think I don't really need them.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
someone was asking for an update on my setup so here it is. This is the majority of my figures, The rest share detolfs with LEGO.

Eventually the two Kan Colle figures are going to be transferred to a Kan Colle Detolf and that shelf will have 4 sins figures on it. Lucifer is incoming and Astaroth is pre-ordered.

That was me, I always want to see everyone's collections. Great set up, amazed you have only one Yamato space girl, or only the Dragon Crown elf, guessing your Lego Budget kills the need for sets?

It wasn't the ceiling that concerned me, I was wondering if I could find a shelf that would fit under a light switch, but I just realized that if I move a another piece of furniture I should be fine with the billy. Going to buy it within the next few months and then the glass doors when it comes closer to Guts' release. Thanks again bruh

Your gonna need a deeper shelf, a billy's only gonna give you 10" inside of it depth wise, from back to front, with guts hand and cloak jutting out the way it does he'll either touch the back wall or the front glass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwH32wXruyM&list=UU6HhQr-HnfHuOF7MOMU-QcA&index=3

------------

Finally ordered the Wo-class Medicchu, abyssal thirst is that strong...

Femto.

Your gonna need a deeper shelf, a billy's only gonna give you 10" inside of it depth wise, from back to front, with guts hand and cloak jutting out the way it does he'll either touch the back wall or the front glass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwH32wXruyM&list=UU6HhQr-HnfHuOF7MOMU-QcA&index=3
Damn, I don't remember him being that wide/long when I saw him at AX. I thought the billy would be a nice fit but I can see the cape touching the back of the shelf. Anything with glass doors for around the same price range?

Edit: Detolfs would probably fit better but I was hoping to use the rest of the shelves on the billy for games/books. Don't really like the all glass look either.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
We need to have an Indiana Figure GAF meetup. ;) Was there a lot of figure stuff at Wizard World this weekend? I skipped it because I figured it would be all comics.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Damn, I don't remember him being that wide/long when I saw him at AX. I thought the billy would be a nice fit but I can see the cape touching the back of the shelf. Anything with glass doors for around the same price range?

Edit: Detolfs would probably fit better but I was hoping to use the rest of the shelves on the billy for games/books. Don't really like the all glass look either.
A detolf should work, you got 13" from back to front, but they are better for scales or hot toys, but that's would be a means to an end rather then a good shelf. You wouldn't get any use other then a place for Guts and Femto, and then one of them would have to be on the bottom... Unless you raise a detolf (like omlet did) the bottom shelf is all but useless for viewing.

I went for the REGISSÖR, costs more, but it's nearly as deep as a BESTA, comes with feet, and with glass doors. Was easy to put together, with a max weight of around 30 pounds per shelf, all the Shelves are adjustable except for the wooden middle shelf..

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40260835/

I plan on having Queen of the Dead, Keir, Guts, and Femto in it, but since 3 of those are a way off, I've done this with it for now:

So the bottom half of the unit you don't use for Guts an Femto could be used for whatever...

Koriandrr

Here we go!

Here's the full gallery of highlights, including a few figures and some street photography.
http://h3xantistyle.minus.com/mNyESg8MoyHrG

It's really frustrating how some websites like fb destroy the quality of good HD photos....
Nice photos, thanks for sharing! And, a small tip from my experience taking photos of figures at cons - bring a small light with you, a weak flash-light or just a reflector and point it towards the face - makes a huge difference. And yes, you will look silly doing it, but there's plenty of other silly looking people around, so why not! It's worth it :D

Is it just me though, but when I saw those kids cosplaying Attack on Titan, my first reaction was 'are they even old enough to watch this shit?' It's just that, if it was my younger sister for example, I wouldn't let her watch that until she was at least 16. And I'm fairly certain it's R rated.

On a semi-relevant note: do you guys meetup on expos/cons at all? It's con season after next month and I'll be all over the place, wouldn't mind a meet-up or something.. :D

It's really frustrating how some websites like fb destroy the quality of good HD photos....
Nice photos, thanks for sharing! And, a small tip from my experience taking photos of figures at cons - bring a small light with you, a weak flash-light or just a reflector and point it towards the face - makes a huge difference. And yes, you will look silly doing it, but there's plenty of other silly looking people around, so why not! It's worth it :D

Is it just me though, but when I saw those kids cosplaying Attack on Titan, my first reaction was 'are they even old enough to watch this shit?' It's just that, if it was my younger sister for example, I wouldn't let her watch that until she was at least 16. And I'm fairly certain it's R rated.

On a semi-relevant note: do you guys meetup on expos/cons at all? It's con season after next month and I'll be all over the place, wouldn't mind a meet-up or something.. :D
What's the best site to upload to then? I thought Minus was supposed to be a good one.

Also, I didn't think Id even have any figures to take pictures of, and I was trying to go in as light as possible. Was there all day and such.

I dont know if I go to enough cons to do meetups, but I suppose if I do go, I wouldn't mind!

Koriandrr

What's the best site to upload to then? I thought Minus was supposed to be a good one.

Also, I didn't think Id even have any figures to take pictures of, and I was trying to go in as light as possible. Was there all day and such.

I dont know if I go to enough cons to do meetups, but I suppose if I do go, I wouldn't mind!

I think imgur does a fine job with that.
When you go to full res you don't usually see pixelated details on imgur, which is my worst nightmare and why I hate fb so much.

It's not about the light setting, it's about the contrast and spotlight, just use a flash light towards a figure's face, take a picture with it and without it and you'll see instantly what I mean :D

EDIT:

Not the best example, as the reflector one is actually out of focus, but here:

I use Abload to upload my screenshots and pictures. They don't compress your pictures like the other image sites do.

Settin

I think imgur does a fine job with that.
When you go to full res you don't usually see pixelated details on imgur, which is my worst nightmare and why I hate fb so much.

It's not about the light setting, it's about the contrast and spotlight, just use a flash light towards a figure's face, take a picture with it and without it and you'll see instantly what I mean :D

EDIT:

Not the best example, as the reflector one is actually out of focus, but here:

All I see is dat ass and dat ass.

Ryuuroden

That was me, I always want to see everyone's collections. Great set up, amazed you have only one Yamato space girl, or only the Dragon Crown elf, guessing your Lego Budget kills the need for sets?

I just get figures I like the most, sometimes just one from a series to represent the entire series. Examples of that would be Elf, the Yamato figure, and Zoro from One Piece. It's partially the LEGO budget thing and partially space constraints until I actually have a house built to my specifications with more dedicated space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom