• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
HMwrruM.png

It was a cheap month...

omlet

You asked, so here you go. My February damage...

3RGfrTZ.jpg

youdothemath.jpg

This is not a bragpost. I'm not proud of this loss of control lol.

It was a cheap month...
I knew that Elin had to be pricey. I was guessing around 15k or more depending on the condition; looks like I wasn't far off lol.

Kongo keeps trying to jump onto that list though, fucking shipgirls are persistent...

In most cases I'd be trying to enable but to be honest I don't like the damaged version.
So just get the nendo instead :D!

looking at costs this month for me...

$120 Triumphant Excalibur Saber
$103 Sol Badguy
$96 2x Hori Fighting Commander Pro
$15 Solder and new Soldering Iron
$60 Evolve
$40 Under Night In Birth

And I'm still looking to buy a camera...spending lots of random money this month. I spent $100 a carhart jacket as well, but thats one of those purchases most people would consider logical

EDIT: Well done Omlet
I added it up and got 127k. So like $1070. At least you got a lot of stuff for that

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
She goes for 20k+ on Manda. I gots a deal! IT'S A DEAL!
And she's like 30k on solarisjapan, so it was a real steal...

3RGfrTZ.jpg

youdothemath.jpg

I knew that Elin had to be pricey. I was guessing around 15k or more depending on the condition; looks like I wasn't far off lol.

In most cases I'd be trying to enable but to be honest I don't like the damaged version.
So just get the nendo instead :D!

Omlet, thank you, I can use your post as a "see, I'm not that bad" one day...

And damaged Kongo in the middle of a shelf full of abyssal is what I have planned, I just want to wait and see if a better damaged shipgirl gets made...

Who doesn't. Also you are seriously tempting me. Hitting my weakness.
If only I wasn't ashamed of my Lineage II days.

As a max level Abyss Walker in vanilla, I consider dealing with L2's shit for so long to be a badge of honour personally :p

You should get that DElf. I have the blue version and she's great.

Femto.

Go Omlet Go!

Mine is light compared to all you hardcore peeps
B729F234-1425-49BD-9DB1-AD99F3A1916E.png_zpsuldy1wlb.jpeg

I was at 14k but like I said, can't have Anna with no Nina.

This month was expensive across all my purchases:

MM LE 3DS $235(tax+shipping)
MM game $40
Evolve $40
Dead or Alive 5 LR $40

I almost returned MM to get the LE off eBay for only 20 bucks above MSRP but I need to have some sort of control lol

Wanderer5

I continue to be really boring, and have little to no list.:p Well I know I have at least one thing in July (that probably be the biggest month for me due to Snow Miku and Anime Expo)!

Femto.

I continue to be really boring, and have little to no list.:p Well I know I have at least one thing in July (that probably be the biggest month for me due to Snow Miku and Anime Expo)!
But you're saving money, I'm going to have to be more conservative to for AX this year, and I'm also trying not to have any orders past June unless it's something I NEED.

kewlmyc

Here's all my February pre-orders, including gaming stuff.

VEBaZM4.png

Just waiting for Gurren-Lagann to ship and for Utsutsu to get a release date.

Wanderer5

But you're saving money, I'm going to have to be more conservative to for AX this year, and I'm also trying not to have any orders past June unless it's something I NEED.

Ha ha yeah, with other things in mind, I really don't want to spend too much on figures. Batwoman Bombshell would pretty much be my limit and a special case (at $85 course), and even then I would probably push another figure on my to order back a bit if I go for her. At AX I try to stick with around $100-150 in budget, usually collecting 2 figures/plushies.

And hey if there folks going to AX, maybe we can do a figureGAF meetup or such. I need to start preparing a team aqua grunt costume.

well, just bought a Nikon D60, so theres another $220 for the month.

Finally though, I will actually be able to take pictures with something other than my phone. Super excited to get great snaps of Kyoto and Tokyo this december as well

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Code:
[FIG-COL-8014] Toy'sworks Collection 2.5 Deluxe - Strike Witches the Movie Type-B 6Pack BOX(Preorder)
late Feb-2015	4,350 JPY	1	4,350 JPY	44	Not in-stock
[FIGURE-008720] Nendoroid - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- I-401(Preorder)
late Feb-2015	3,250 JPY	1	3,250 JPY	33	Not in-stock
[FIG-COL-7470] Minicchu THE IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 03 9Pack BOX(Preorder)
late Feb-2015	5,700 JPY	1	5,700 JPY	57	In-stock
[FIGURE-008907] Nendoroid - The Dark Knight Rising: Batman Hero's Edition(Preorder)
late Feb-2015	3,280 JPY	1	3,280 JPY	34	Not in-stock

Minor damage.

omlet

As for AX, I'm hoping to go again this year...getting out of town and out of the office to be surrounded by a hoard of fellow nerds for a few days is one of those strangely simultaneously draining yet invigorating experiences. I don't buy much stuff at AX but it's always fun to spend some time there.

Going to depend on how plans with friends pan out. Last couple years I've been staying with a friend in the area rather than at a nearby hotel. This means much lower expenses but also less time at the con and more time doing other things.

If that doesn't pan out and anyone wants to do hotel room split I'd probably be up for that, too.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

3RGfrTZ.jpg

youdothemath.jpg

Just got back from picking my son up from nursery, so I sat down and did the math instead of just glancing at it:

127,430 jpy
$1070.97
£698.53
939.50 euro

It could be worse...

Femto.

Just got back from picking my son up from nursery, so I sat down and did the math instead of just glancing at it:

127,430 jpy
$1070.97
£698.53
939.50 euro

It could be worse...
It could be March 2016 worse.

Ha ha yeah, with other things in mind, I really don't want to spend too much on figures. Batwoman Bombshell would pretty much be my limit and a special case (at $85 course), and even then I would probably push another figure on my to order back a bit if I go for her. At AX I try to stick with around $100-150 in budget, usually collecting 2 figures/plushies.

And hey if there folks going to AX, maybe we can do a figureGAF meetup or such. I need to start preparing a team aqua grunt costume.

As for AX, I'm hoping to go again this year...getting out of town and out of the office to be surrounded by a hoard of fellow nerds for a few days is one of those strangely simultaneously draining yet invigorating experiences. I don't buy much stuff at AX but it's always fun to spend some time there.

Going to depend on how plans with friends pan out. Last couple years I've been staying with a friend in the area rather than at a nearby hotel. This means much lower expenses but also less time at the con and more time doing other things.

If that doesn't pan out and anyone wants to do hotel room split I'd probably be up for that, too.
I usually go with friends but i wouldn't mind a FigureGAF meet up!

Catching up:

7xC230c.png

All Gekkan Shoujo month for me lol

Well unless something nice comes up preowned on AmiAmi or Mandarake. Even then, this is a pretty light month so far unless I start ordering some books from Amazon.jp >_>

--------------------------------------------

I would like to go to AX this year but the friend that I roomed with last year bailed on me so I got the time and money to go, just no place to stay ~_~

Zerojul

Welp, she's gone. Maybe next time...

Super excited to get great snaps of Kyoto and Tokyo this december as well
Nice ! I need to visit Japan in winter someday, jelly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

February is fierce for me

Plus Sideshow R2-D2 for 130€ (that may be delayed to march, thanksfully) and a pair of Clone Troopers for 170€.
So it's near 80k for me :(
And I couldn't turn down a Cammy or Chunners Bishoujo if one shows up somewhere, so it's potentially worse.

kierwynn

Since Chiaki was delayed again, our only figure for the month is Raiden. There's some pretty tempting preowned things out there right now but trying hard to resist the urge.

omlet

Maybe not, his MFC prices for aigis and tooka are still unknown he might have went really overboard on those...

If he spent 10k on the pair of those he's right there with us crazy Berserk fans...

Oh, I talked about this when I ordered them...I just didn't back-calc what that would have been if I had paid in yen. It was $40 for Aigis, $45 for Tohka, that includes shipping. Basically a normal price for Aigis and about half the going price for Tohka.
That is pretty close to 10k, actually, but nothing extra for shipping. Tohka goes for 10k alone on mandarake, before shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom