• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoldnerKei

Ahri! I am jealous.

Still wished Riot gave GSC more nendos to make.

well, there is always something new to learn each day, didn't know a thing about actually good LoL nendos mwahaha looks pretty cute

also I got my payment request for RefleX FairyTale Snow White, this along with Red Hood and then Alice, and whoever else comes, will probably be the first line that I may be actually able to collect, gf loves fairy tales so I bet she will love her when she see her on display

Zerojul

Date Masamune Nendo. With the old basically unstable Nendo base, the already oversized head and a helmet that doesn't attach itself to any part of the Nendo, this guy is one light breeze from falling over. So I'm never touching this again.

Oh I need to get this little guy. The fact that the helmet is not attached is kind of a bummer, though.

Found this on the Amiami preorder section, yeah.

FIGURE-006608.jpg

There's also a Goro Inogashira figma there that's been defying me for some time. Must resist.

Giolon

Woohoo! Just picked up a Panasonic 20mm f1.7 lens off of eBay for a sweet price. This means more options for taking good photos!

My current workhorse is the Panasonic 45mm Leica Macro lens, which has fantastic sharpness and resolving power, but it's a bit limiting when trying to work with multiple figures due to the narrow field of view.

Once the lens gets here, I'll be taking it for a spin. Maybe I'll use Kongiku and Momohime for that. I've never really photographed them.

Ahri! I am jealous.

Still wished Riot gave GSC more nendos to make.

ah i love her, she is adorable and a lot of people around the office and my friends love her too! had to jump on her after i found her for a good price on MFC (cheaper than ebay, heh!). i do hope riot will let GSC come out with more League nendos, cause they did a really good job with her

Bombless

Looking at the other Frame Arm kits on Amiami, a lot of them look great.
I know. I'm doing my darnest to avoid looking at them. Shit's dangerous.

ah i love her, she is adorable and a lot of people around the office and my friends love her too! had to jump on her after i found her for a good price on MFC (cheaper than ebay, heh!). i do hope riot will let GSC come out with more League nendos, cause they did a really good job with her

It won't happen. Riot has their own line of SD figures from the game.

Theonik

I don't bother with registered SAL usually. Local post has non-existent tracking so it disappears when it enters the country. Plus registered needs to be picked up from the postal office in person.

Bombless

Pretty much. I've experimented with all the different shipping options and EMS is the best both for speed and for peace of mind. There is one exception, Nippon-Yasan's Translogic shipping : faster than EMS and guaranteed no extra customs fees (you pay the VAT at the check-out).

I don't bother with registered SAL usually. Local post has non-existent tracking so it disappears when it enters the country. Plus registered needs to be picked up from the postal office in person.

Pretty much. I've experimented with all the different shipping options and EMS is the best both for speed and for peace of mind.

I just don't have the patience for SAL.

AmiAmi won't ship EMS to me :(. Not only must I use registered SAL, but it has to pass through military post. That means after the normal registered SAL delivery time to the military post hub in Illinois, it's then sent, by boat, to my island adding an extra 4 - 6 weeks.

On a related note,

hehe.. heh..

Zerojul

Dare I even ask how Germany's customs are worse than UK? o_O

French customs are no joke, either. I think it's safe to say European customs suck hard, in general :/

I just go with SAL for little parcels with just one fig/game for which I'm in no hurry. Monthly Amiami orders will be EMS only, as customs would check big SAL parcels just the same and there's not much of a price difference anyway. I used registered SAL once in my life, never again.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yay! My tenso order finally came in. So with that experiment a success another avenue for importing opens up!

It was a N3DS case and cover plate for those curious. Finally I can take my N3DS out of the house!

Theonik

Yay! My tenso order finally came in. So with that experiment a success another avenue for importing opens up!

It was a N3DS case and cover plate for those curious. Finally I can take my N3DS out of the house!
Also been testing Tenso. If this is successful I am getting some Amazon.co.jp parcels.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
With most of my February orders pushed back, I browsed Mandarake last night looking to buy, and I thought about getting the battle damaged max factory Kongou to sit in the center of my eventual Abyssal shelf, would look cool, but I don't want to enter that hole just yet.

Then I found a Stocking Nendo for 4.5k and jumped on her, figuring I'll get Panty eventually, but 4.5k means 500y handling fee, so I continued browsing and ended up looking at Black Rock Shooter stuff. I always liked the designs but wished the girls were more grown up looking (orchid seed present black rock shooter, etc.), so I passed on the scales and figmas and went the cheaper route and sorta started a BRS Nendo collection by throwing a 3k Gold Saw in there so I didn't have to pay the handling fee.

Left the whole thing in the figure gods hands and set it to cancel the order if one of the items couldn't be obtained.

Got confirmation the "items were in-stock" email sitting in my inbox when I woke up, paid, and they have dispatched it 30 minutes after I paid.

I guess it was always meant to be...

StayDead

I'm moving tomorrow. The last of my figures to leave this house (like 5 nendos still unpacked) are going to be packed tonight and that'll be it. Still scared of moving for some stupid reason. I guess it's where I've lived here since I was born.

Bombless

With most of my February orders pushed back, I browsed Mandarake last night looking to buy, and I thought about getting the battle damaged max factory Kongou to sit in the center of my eventual Abyssal shelf, would look cool, but I don't want to enter that hole just yet.

Then I found a Stocking Nendo for 4.5k and jumped on her, figuring I'll get Panty eventually, but 4.5k means 500y handling fee, so I continued browsing and ended up looking at Black Rock Shooter stuff. I always liked the designs but wished the girls were more grown up looking (orchid seed present black rock shooter, etc.), so I passed on the scales and figmas and went the cheaper route and sorta started a BRS Nendo collection by throwing a 3k Gold Saw in there so I didn't have to pay the handling fee.

Left the whole thing in the figure gods hands and set it to cancel the order if one of the items couldn't be obtained.

Got confirmation the "items were in-stock" email sitting in my inbox when I woke up, paid, and they have dispatched it 30 minutes after I paid.

I guess it was always meant to be...
Thank the Figure Gods you managed to avoid that 500jpy fee!

My first Tenso tester was also 3DS-related - couple of cover plates and a charge cradle. Arrived last week, no problems whatsoever. Definitely using again...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So you've hit the point where you have to buy something because you have no orders for the month. ;)

LOL I hit that point long ago, I have a backlog of figures I want to own, and with the way I pre-order everything asap, I have to wait for months where things get pushed back. I did think when Queen of the Dead finally arrived I'd be okay for the rest of the month...

I was wrong...

The need for more continues...

You need to buy 5k + to avoid that right ? I found a Nendo that I'd like but it's only 3,5k...

Yes, and make sure the items are from the same store.

Theonik

You need to buy 5k + to avoid that right ? I found a Nendo that I'd like but it's only 3,5k...
Yes I did not know. Also ended up buying 5k in nendos this month but only found the second after I paid so no combining orders. Paid 2x shipping and 1k handling. Both were Nagoya Mandarake.

Zerojul

Yes I did not know. Also ended up buying 5k in nendos this month but only found the second after I paid so no combining orders. Paid 2x shipping and 1k handling. Both were Nagoya Mandarake.

That sucks, sorry to hear that :/
The one I'm looking for they have in both Osaka and Fukuoka but nothing else I'd want/can afford. To be continued....

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

I made that same mistake once, and sometimes this will still happen, somethings sell out so fast that you can't beat around the bush to combine it with something else.

That sucks, sorry to hear that :/
The one I'm looking for they have in both Osaka and Fukuoka but nothing else I'd want/can afford. To be continued....

Which nendo is it?

------------------

Just ordered Nendo Panty from NY along with the white SSB #39 "New" 3DS cover plate, not a fan of SSB but it has Samus on it. I wanted the Majora's Mask one but it's sold out everywhere, and I'm not gonna pay more then retail for it...

Zerojul

Thanks a lot. I'd really like to try out Mandarake though, so I'll just keep an eye out for anything in either store that might interest me (nendos, figma, MGs, something will come up I guess) .
Worst case scenario, both stores sell out and I'll get him from NY, he hasn't sold out for years so I think it's pretty safe.
Thanks again :)

Tidd

My first used figure from amiami arrived and I expected the worst possible box you can imagine if they rate it A/C... Long story short: I would sell that more or less as new lol Only the display windows is a little loose. For 1500yen I can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom