• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it because it's a fairly meh song, and the GUMI cover was 10x better, but Miku has a near religeous following for some.

She's cute, her music is catchy, but other Vocaloids have passed her imo.

I went through a phase of listening to so much Miku-related music that I eventually burned myself out. IA is great, love CIRCUIT BEATS and the most recent album.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Never really got into the vocaloid music scene. Triple Baka and PoPiPo and that's about it.

Kind of funny that people indirectly got into Vocaloid thanks to the popularity of Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya.

Never really got into the vocaloid music scene. Triple Baka and PoPiPo and that's about it.

Kind of funny that people indirectly got into Vocaloid thanks to the popularity of Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya.

The songs are a reflection of their composers. Triple Baka and PoPiPo are general light-hearted pop fare, as are most vocaloid songs. However they number in the thousands and here and there you can find great stuff.

The diversity is huge too. There's a seemingly never-ending list of songs to sift through.

Sometimes I'll burn an empty Sunday digging through youtube, following links to stuff I've never heard before. After a couple years digging my vocaloid folder is at 75 tracks. So there's a large mediocrity to "decent" ratio.

If you limit yourself to just one vocaloid though, it'll get old fast. Even though there's no restrictions, most vocaloids seem to adopt a certain genre. Miku is heavily pop focused, IA has a strong dubstep current, there's more rock to be found amongst Lily, Luka, and GUMI...

Though they all have a thick nougaty pop center.

If anyone was looking for a jumping off point, search the vocaloid wiki for "Songs featuring ____". It'll list every song by a vocaloid that has significant views on youtube/niconico with links. For example..

Miku
Luka
GUMI
IA

And when you're done there you can join me and many others in lamenting the absence of more non-miku vocaloid figures.

All I'm going to say now is that my Kurumi Tokisaki Nendo will not be standing alone when she gets here. >_>

You did the right thing.

*pats FrostyCollects on the back*

kevdi1408864195.jpeg

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
You did the right thing.

*pats FrostyCollects on the back*

Thanks, I think... She's the first Nendo I've paid way over retail. And she will not be the last. :(

I'm sure her adorableness will melt all of my troubles away once she gets here.

Still need to get Tohka...what's she going for nowadays?

Thanks, I think... She's the first Nendo I've paid way over retail. And she will not be the last. :(

I'm sure her adorableness will melt all of my troubles away once she gets here.

You'll be happy to know that when she shows up it's usually for 3.5k - 4k.

You'll be disappointed to know she shows up far less often than Yoshino...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well they were selling those iM@S stamps for £20 a pop and you basically had to buy two minimum so I wouldn't be surprised if those straps cost like £15 each.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
You'll be happy to know that when she shows up it usually for 3.5k - 4k.

You'll be disappointed to know she shows up far less often than Yoshino...

Yeah, I did have her during the checkout process a few months ago but someone else beat me to the finish line. A common occurence. That's one thing I find tiresome about AmiAmi.

I need to get started on MFC soon...listing which Nendos I currently have.

Bombless

Welp, after staying 3 days at mom's house I came back to my place to find a letter from Customs asking for Wo nendo's bill. Chances are Nippon Yasan marked the value down and the customs agents got suspicious. So now I'll have to print the receipt out, mail it to Customs and hopefully by the end of next week I'll have the possibility to PAY for her and pick her up.

Sigh. Serves me right for not willing to pay for Translogic shipping for "such a small piece". Never again.

Zerojul

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I have officially lost the war against pumpkin headed dwarfs.Got her from amazon.jp, so cheap I didn't even have to pay customs anything for her:

Bonus shot: One is the loneliest number that there ever was:

Welp, after staying 3 days at mom's house I came back to my place to find a letter from Customs asking for Wo nendo's bill. Chances are Nippon Yasan marked the value down and the customs agents got suspicious. So now I'll have to print the receipt out, mail it to Customs and hopefully by the end of next week I'll have the possibility to PAY for her and pick her up.

Sigh. Serves me right for not willing to pay for Translogic shipping for "such a small piece". Never again.

That always sucks, my condolences to your wallet and your patience...

ouch :(

Patience is a virtue. This purchase was recent. As in "still in the mail" recent.

AmiAmi seems to get one about every 6 weeks or so.

Zerojul

That sucks :(
Wait, you have to print out a form and send it to the customs in Belgium ? I just go to the post office and pay them what I must here, no extra formalities...

Patience is a virtue. This purchase was recent. As in "still in the mail" recent.
AmiAmi seems to get one about every 6 weeks or so.
6k less is well worth the wait indeed.

Most of us have suffered in form or another at the hands of postal services/customs hell, sad to hear you got caught out. What's with the whole 'printing out a receipt' thing? Are you expected to tell them exactly how much the item was worth? Surely that system is ripe for abuse...

I have officially lost the war against pumpkin headed dwarfs.Got her from amazon.jp, so cheap I didn't even have to pay customs anything for her:

The medicchu army marches onwards...

Wait, you have to print out a form and send it to the customs in Belgium ? I just go to the post office and pay them what I must here, no extra formalities...

Customs agent doesn't believe the mark-down value on the package, so they need the real value from the receipt so that they can calculate the charges

omlet

Looks like nothing I need from the 4AM update, fortunately. At least not from what's left over.

Like ~10k on mandarake but amiami doesn't seem to have caught on to this and they still price her closer to MSRP.

I want my nendo to get here already :(

Bombless

Most of us have suffered in form or another at the hands of postal services/customs hell, sad to hear you got caught out. What's with the whole 'printing out a receipt' thing? Are you expected to tell them exactly how much the item was worth? Surely that system is ripe for abuse...

Customs suspects the value NY put on the package is bogus so they want me to provide the bill NY gave me for the item. They will calculate VAT and charges off that then send it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I'm assuming they don't tell you how much the parcel has been valued at on the shipping label. Obviously if you send them a shopped receipt for the value of 100 yen and the parcel says 1500 yen it will be rather suspicious.

Theonik

I'm assuming they don't tell you how much the parcel has been valued at on the shipping label. Obviously if you send them a shopped receipt for the value of 100 yen and the parcel says 1500 yen it will be rather suspicious.
Basically. They don't believe what on the label so the want to see the receipts.
But they might catch you if you are not careful.

Zerojul

Customs agent doesn't believe the mark-down value on the package, so they need the real value from the receipt so that they can calculate the charges

Customs suspects the value NY put on the package is bogus so they want me to provide the bill NY gave me for the item. They will calculate VAT and charges off that then send it.

The one time this happened to me, the customs guys didn't believe the value on the invoice attached to the parcel and calculated themselves and totally arbitrarily that I had to pay 750€ of VAT for a 150€ parcel of used japanese games from eBay.
There was no mark-down, 150€ was the real value.
I suspect their math was something like "retail price for video games is 60€, so this whole lot must be worth 60€*n games". They didn't ask for any receipt. Maybe if I had challenged their decision they would have asked for one, but not beforehand.
Of course I didn't pay and they sent the parcel back to the sender, but that's another story.

omlet

I noticed N-Y marked down my Beelzebub to 6k without me asking. I immediately assumed it was because RSAL insurance caps at 6k so it was their "best guess" between customs fees and insurance (even though we don't pay customs fees in the US for this stuff). Never seen amiami or mandarake mark things down but I think they (at least mandarake) will if you ask, right?

Still, playing chicken with faked receipts and customs forms that you haven't seen sounds risky :lol...

Yaari

Well, I got caught once and in the end its still cheaper than being honest about the price haha. (Guaranteed 17+ Euro's for each package that does not get through). But the Translogic shipping does interest me. Might have to look into that.

Edit: On that note, these 2 arrived yesterday. Not unpacked yet, but something to look forward to;

94711.jpg

166270.jpg

Sucks you have to deal with stuff like that at all :(.

Yaari

You'll be surprised how good she looks for such a 'plain' figure (sorry Akari!)

Sounds good! I heard good things about that haha. She has an amazing score on MyFigureCollection.

All I'm going to say now is that my Kurumi Tokisaki Nendo will not be standing alone when she gets here. >_>

How much was she? I totally missed that. Best Nendo ever but that price. Ugh.. good for you haha.

Bombless

Well, I got caught once and in the end its still cheaper than being honest about the price haha. (Guaranteed 17+ Euro's for each package that does not get through). But the Translogic shipping does interest me. Might have to look into that.

Translogic is great. It's not fast (packages leave only once per week, if you miss the shipping day it leaves the week after) but once it hits the ground in France it gets to me within 3-4 days via GLS and since the VAT is already paid you just take the package, no extra fees. I'm not sure how speedy delivery would be for people further away from France than myself but it's worth a try if only for avoiding all the EU Customs bullshit.

Also remember that Abysse Corp Direct offers GSC stuff at convention prices all year long and they ship from France too.

Lil' Wo makes a friend...

Or tries to...

Brilliant set. Well done sir. Wo~

Yaari

Ouch 13k for Yoshino. I hate how rare some Nendo's have become. That said she's probably one of the few I'd be willing to spend that much for, she looks great.

Translogic is great. It's not fast (packages leave only once per week, if you miss the shipping day it leaves the week after) but once it hits the ground in France it gets to me within 3-4 days via GLS and since the VAT is already paid you just take the package, no extra fees. I'm not sure how speedy delivery would be for people further away from France than myself but it's worth a try if only for avoiding all the EU Customs bullshit.

Also remember that Abysse Corp Direct offers GSC stuff at convention prices all year long and they ship from France too.
Yeah it really does make Nippon Yasan more interesting. I wonder how much more it costs than SAL for a single figure? I wouldn't mind paying extra just knowing I can avoid the nonsense. I'm not too far off being from the Netherlands, so the delay shouldnt be too bad.

I'll have a look at Abysse Corp. Interesting.

Acid08

Banned
That Yoshino nendo is ridiculously nice looking. Haven't seen the show but I'd get her if they ever did a re-release.

Lil WoWo takes no prisoners.

Figma Sinon is now delayed till late March. I know a couple of us had her on order.
Are figmas often delayed? It seems like everything gets delayed.

That Yoshino nendo is ridiculously nice looking. Haven't seen the show but I'd get her if they ever did a re-release.

Are figmas often delayed? It seems like everything gets delayed.

Not sure, this is my first Figma so I don't keep an eye on them really.

Translogic is great.

I'm not sure how speedy delivery would be for people further away from France than myself but it's worth a try if only for avoiding all the EU Customs bullshit.

I think I only used it once when they first introduced it, and that was for a 3DS. I think it only took a day or so to get here (UK) from France, not a bad service.

Unfortunately since I swore off ever using N-Y, it's one that I won't be able to take advantage of again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom