• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

I missed out on the Pajamas. I want them :(

At least I put in a preorder for the Swimsuits.
They were in a con last year but they wanted 50 quid for them which I didn't want to pay at a time. (Cash only in large cons with 1 ATM for the entire venue makes you think really hard about your purchases)

omlet

So basically using Rico's stand would work with magnets but not normal ones reasonably.

I'm at work so I can't take any pictures for comparisons, but yeah something like that.

Like, look at the pics of Yoko I linked. You can see how her stand kind of braces against her legs so she doesn't fall over when standing up. Many older nendos use this style of stand and don't have a hole in their back or in the back of their head. This older style of stand makes any poses that aren't "standing up straight" difficult because the large heads on nendos make them top-heavy and they tip over easily. Not to mention this old style of stand is ugly and, despite being clear plastic, often very visible when look up close or taking photos.

Things got much better when they started using the stands that attach to a small hole in their back or the back of their head. The oldest ones I have that uses this style are #132 (Archbishop) and #159 (Totori) so they switched to this style for some nendos well before the #200 mark but most of my nendos are #200+ so I can't say for sure how consistent the switch was, or what the first nendo to use the newer style stand was.

Since the older nendos designed with older style stands don't have holes in them, your options are limited for using newer style stands. Drilling holes in the backs of your nendos is probably not something most people would want to do.

If you attached a magnet inside the head of an older nendo then, yes, a stand like the one Rico comes with might work. Rico's magnet is actually inside her hair, so I'm not sure how well it would work if it was inside the head (more space between the magnets). You could probably get some magnets and attach them to the newer style nendo stands with much less trouble than drilling holes.

Buncha haters in here.

tumblr_njmm66rePE1s21xzoo1_500.gif

omlet

This is disgusting. No order, awful lighting, just shit scattered everywhere...

Looks fairly organized to me, actually. He's got some sets together, he has Cirno with Snow Miku, everything is in neat rows and he's using raisers, etc.

Of course, with a collection that size, lack of lights is criminal, as is not moving into a bigger living space to treat all his waifus with more respect.

Theonik

Looks fairly organized to me, actually. He's got some sets together, he has Cirno with Snow Miku, everything is in neat rows and he's using raisers, etc.

Of course, with a collection that size, lack of lights is criminal, as is not moving into a bigger living space to treat all his waifus with more respect.
Japan.

Einbroch

Banned

Mikus scattered all other the place, Steins' Gate girls aren't together, random scales just thrown into whatever spot they fit in, GUP girls wherever they can fit,. I mean, the petites are together, but that's easy.

Absolutely disgusting. I'd rather he melt half of them to give them the space and appreciation they deserve.

Meyneth

So you all might think I'm dumb, but when I preordered Samurai I never actually looked at the specs. So when she arrived this morning I didn't realize that she would be SO HUGE!
Obligatory comparison picture:

She's easily the tallest figure I own. She's even bigger than Huntress! :O
It's probably also one of the more photogenic figures I have as well:

I think Flare's Elin is supposed to be the same height right?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Oh, and the Yoko nendo is already gone. Not surprised.

WTsrLFc.jpg
This is like looking at a cluster of bugs...

Just think about dusting, urghhh...

So you all might think I'm dumb, but when I preordered Samurai I never actually looked at the specs. So when she arrived this morning I didn't realize that she would be SO HUGE!
Obligatory comparison picture:

She's easily the tallest figure I own. She's even bigger than Huntress! :O
It's probably also one of the more photogenic figures I have as well:

I think Flare's Elin is supposed to be the same height right?
You need some bigger figures because she's still small...

D'oh! Getting an itch...

Joffrey_zpsoao1wrke.jpg

Came with my Game Of Thrones Season 4 Blu-ray set from Wal-mart. I've been collecting the regular size Funko Pop's but honestly, I kinda like these little guys better (though they're REDICULOUSLY over priced. And since it's a blind box, there's no choice but to open them. Which ends the whole open vs. sealed in box dilema.

This some twilight zone episode right here.

Imagine if they all wake up at night, or even worse, they are like the Toy Story characters.

D'oh! Getting an itch...

Joffrey_zpsoao1wrke.jpg

Came with my Game Of Thrones Season 4 Blu-ray set from Wal-mart. I've been collecting the regular size Funko Pop's but honestly, I kinda like these little guys better (though they're REDICULOUSLY over priced. And since it's a blind box, there's no choice but to open them. Which ends the whole open vs. sealed in box dilema.

Looks cool, and so small.

Einbroch

Banned
D'oh! Getting an itch...

Joffrey_zpsoao1wrke.jpg

What are those? Funkoroid Petites?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
D'oh! Getting an itch...

Joffrey_zpsoao1wrke.jpg

I think they look better then the Pops, but not being able to get a full set without using ebay would be a pain in the ass... Also £8/$12 a pop for a blind figure purchase is taking the piss...

Ooo
I kind of wish they listed the weight of figures too. Elin might not be too heavy, but that sword looks crazy

I would happily purchase this IF THEY WOULD LET ME

1/1 is a scale even I wouldn't dare...
Yet...

Two more things of my February AmiAmi order got delayed so this month might be the smallest one yet. From AmiAmi at least.

This is when you should start looking at the pre-owned section, gotta make up for the lack of figures this month by spending more money, it's the only thing that makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom