• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, they one they use to steer, IIRC?

Something like that, yes.

f0167-01.png

N-Y changed my amiibo to shipped, even got my number to track it, yay. Hopefully it will get here sooner than the AmiAmi stuff, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Speaking about AmiAmi, just got an email about the Sinon figma situation, they changed the order, thank god. Now I can get my ameebos faster.

OFFTOPIC:

I don't know how, but I somehow talked a friend into watching "The Shining", however the person is scared shitless of horror movies. I wonder if I'm going to be called a jerk soon.

Acid08

Banned
OFFTOPIC:

I don't know how, but I somehow talked a friend into watching "The Shining", but the person is scared shitless of horror movies. I wonder if I'm going to be called a jerk soon.

I'm a gigantic baby when it comes to horror movies but I really love that one. It's just such a stylistic, bizarre, and well made film.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I see AmiAmi has the KMB stuff and with an April release I could add it to my April order.

Of course with all these delays I darn't not rely on such a plan.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Not sure where this exactly comes from -
http://ohnoraptors.tumblr.com/post/111456476083/what-is-nendoroid-co-de-nendoroid-co-de-is-a-new

What is Nendoroid Co-de?
Nendoroid Co-de is a new addition to the Nendoroid series based on the theme of dressing-up characters! The figures have fixed poses and each come with four parts – the head, upper garment, lower garment and shoes. Each of these parts can be swapped between characters allowing for all sorts of possibilities. The more you collect, the more dress-up options become available to you!
The name ‘Co-de’ comes from the Japanese pronunciation of the word ‘coordinate’, as in clothes coordination.

EDIT: Oh. http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2015/02/19/nendoroid-co-de-laala-manaka/

All right, got home and got to business!

My first RAH. Out of the box it seems to live up to what it basically is, a giant Figma. Extra hands, faces, a couple accessories, but wait! RAHs have extra... are those eyes?

I'm still working on improving my camera skills, and while I made a noticeable and immeadiate improvement with the pics from my previous Uni post, I feel like I just as quickly hit a wall. This time I'm feeling incredibly restricted by my environment. My super small apartment leaves my bed as the largest flat surfaces to use, I have no suitable back drops (Using t-shirts placed over boxes here), my only light source is the overhead incandescent. I'm also not too sure about how to properly frame portraits. Add an annoyingly limited phone camera, and eh... but I worked with it as best I could.

Again, not being familiar with how to frame portraits, I worked on recreating some of the stock images. RAHs are suprisingly easy to pose. Much more so than Figmas. The joints are not quite as stiff, and the figure being much larger makes it easier to work with because I don't feel like I'm on the verge of snapping off an arm or something. I found the hands to be easy to work with as well. They slipped on and off the arm with ease while not feeling too loose, and the fingers were plyable enough to easily work the sword scissor into her grip.

The clothing was a real draw for choosing an RAH. Something about changeable clothing seems to add a lot to the package for me. There is a bit of smoke and mirror involved however. The jacket for instance doesn't really have pockets. You have to remove Ryuko's hands and kinda stick the stumps in the little folds to make it look like her hand is in the pocket. Most of the lines and detail on the jacket are decals as well, so extra care is needed in the long term to keep them from cracking or peeling off.

Closing thoughts; RAHs are pretty nice. Working with Ryuko I came to realize I may ultimately prefer Figmas due to the newer ones simply carrying a larger variety of parts and extras. The general build quality is top notch though, and I was only disappointed in their decision to use decals for the jacket detail. In the future I'd definitely be up for purchasing another, but at their general price it would have to be something really special like Ryuko here ^_^.

Final note, Mandarake are the spawn of satan. They packaged Ryuko with some sort of sorcerous bubble wrap that has large well inflated bubbles, but no matter how hard I try the won't pop, they just squish >=(

Uhh, I read that and I'm still kinda confused. They're like nendoroids for dummies, with less posability than a regular one but with more than a petit. Can't really understand the need for it, but I also can't find a reason to own a tablet (iPad and the likes, not the drawing kind - this one I already have).

I'm a gigantic baby when it comes to horror movies but I really love that one. It's just such a stylistic, bizarre, and well made film.

Hopefully everything ends up fine here, I don't want to screw this opportunity.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
All right, got home and got to business!

My first RAH. Out of the box it seems to live up to what it basically is, a giant Figma. Extra hands, faces, a couple accessories, but wait! RAHs have extra... are those eyes?

I'm still working on improving my camera skills, and while I made a noticeable and immeadiate improvement with the pics from my previous Uni post, I feel like I just as quickly hit a wall. This time I'm feeling incredibly restricted by my environment. My super small apartment leaves my bed as the largest flat surfaces to use, I have no suitable back drops (Using t-shirts placed over boxes here), my only light source is the overhead incandescent. I'm also not too sure about how to properly frame portraits. Add an annoyingly limited phone camera, and eh... but I worked with it as best I could.

Again, not being familiar with how to frame portraits, I worked on recreating some of the stock images. RAHs are suprisingly easy to pose. Much more so than Figmas. The joints are not quite as stiff, and the figure being much larger makes it easier to work with because I don't feel like I'm on the verge of snapping off an arm or something. I found the hands to be easy to work with as well. They slipped on and off the arm with ease while not feeling too loose, and the fingers were plyable enough to easily work the sword scissor into her grip.

The clothing was a real draw for choosing an RAH. Something about changeable clothing seems to add a lot to the package for me. There is a bit of smoke and mirror involved however. The jacket for instance doesn't really have pockets. You have to remove Ryuko's hands and kinda stick the stumps in the little folds to make it look like her hand is in the pocket. Most of the lines and detail on the jacket are decals as well, so extra care is needed in the long term to keep them from cracking or peeling off.

Closing thoughts; RAHs are pretty nice. Working with Ryuko I came to realize I may ultimately prefer Figmas due to the newer ones simply carrying a larger variety of parts and extras. The general build quality is top notch though, and I was only disappointed in their decision to use decals for the jacket detail. In the future I'd definitely be up for purchasing another, but at their general price it would have to be something really special like Ryuko here ^_^.

Final note, Mandarake are the spawn of satan. They packaged Ryuko with some sort of sorcerous bubble wrap that has large well inflated bubbles, but no matter how hard I try the won't pop, they just squish >=(

Looks awesome, glad some of you managed to get one...

Since photos I take are usually just for showing off on GAF rather than anything fancy I just use an image displayed on my TV as a backdrop ha ha ha.

My apartment is so small that my tv is an old 15in LCD monitor. I have room for nothing else. Ryuko is almost taller than my tv... good thing I don't really watch tv.

Zerojul

I wasn't aware anyone stopped taking orders for her. Bishoujos are usually ample in both supply and bosom.

I was not aware of that since it will be my first Bishoujo (and my first fixed-pose scale ever, btw), but yeah it was closed for preorders on Amiami earlier this week when I tried to buy her, the day we got the pics for Sakura.

Edit : and just got Cammy for the Euro equivalent of 6,6k which must be more or less retail price. Not bad I guess. Now to find Chunners.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I was not aware of that since it will be my first Bishoujo (and my first fixed-pose scale ever, btw), but yeah it was closed for preorders on Amiami earlier this week when I tried to buy her, the day we got the pics for Sakura.

Edit : and just got Cammy for the Euro equivalent of 6,6k which must be more or less retail price. Not bad I guess. Now to find Chunners.

Surfing down that slippery slope, from first scale to second and on the prowl for number three, in one post. This is how great things start...
(for everything but your wallet)

Zerojul

Surfing down that slippery slope, from first scale to second and on the prowl for number three, in one post. This is how great things start...
(for everything but your wallet)

Ha ha well, I'd like to keep scales to a minimum, SF Bishoujos are supposed to be rare exceptions.
But I said that when I got my first Hot Toys and now I've got 3, and 8 on preorder though so... My willpower is not to be trusted.

omlet

11k Wo nendo in case someone was still looking: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1767666.html

Not really sure what the point of this is... hasn't one of the major appealing factors about nendos always been the ability to swap parts around? Is the point here that they will not take as much time and effort to set up since the have fewer parts? Seems silly to me
and using pripara characters makes it even harder to care

Just saw a tweet from Hobby Search, they've got a restock of nendo Hiei if anyone was missing her from their fleet.

Already gone, heh.

Have fun. Cammy was my first Bishoujo and she looks great. Cammy and Chunners are really easy to find for around 6k.

I'm looking forward to Sakura and Poison. Really wish I had stared this hobby earlier as some bishoujos I want are a rediculous price now.

Cough... Rogue Cough...

I'm looking forward to Sakura and Poison. Really wish I had stared this hobby earlier as some bishoujos I want are a rediculous price now.

Cough... Rogue Cough...

Don't feel too bad. Rogue was even before my time. Plus the older ones are a smaller scale. 1/8 instead of the current 1/7.

What other ones caught your eye?

souhait

Neo Member

Are they kind of like Nendo-size Petits? I could see this being good in a series with a lot of characters where you want the whole set but don't want to pay the usual Nendo price, but I could also see being frustrated if a favorite character gets "downgraded" to Co-de.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom