• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Bombless can get her for his mom.
Haha, now there's an idea.

Nice sculpt, though. I had no idea that it was Kawanishi Ken who was behind it. He's the guy who did some of the previous Black Rock Shooter figures, as well as Ryuko [Phat Company] and a couple of the Madoka Magica girls for GSC.

The price, though. :/

chrono01

Chrono, when did you get so lewd? I didn't notice because it was gradual.
I've been purchasing Orchid Seed/SkyTube/Native figures for a while. Not sure why you didn't noticed the lewdness, haha.

Nice and lewd figure. Tempting, but my lewd money is reserved for Mamiya Marie and Raita figures.
I like you.

What kind of nostalgic lens do you have lol =P, Chrono has always been clear on his appreciation of Orchid Seed/Native/Sky Tube figures XD
See. This man knows!

Got my Riela Nendo in. It's pretty cool.

17130496997_c38438a385_h.jpg

She also comes with a crowbar and combat knife which I thought was pretty cool.

She is my first long hair Nendo of the newer base type. She has a magnet that holds her up instead of a peg.

Is this normal for the long hair Nendos? It seems pretty smart.

Also wow we are already a quarter of the way through this OT.

Replicant

I'm still not used to the whole peg thing. Feels weird and Matrix-y. I wish there are other ways to hold figurines.

The disappearance of Haruhi Nendo has some kind of a seat for her since her hair is too long. It's still weird though since it looks like her crotch is hanging on the seat...... >_>

Clov

Uh, I've got a few wall scrolls. Does that mean I need to reconsider? Lol Also framed anime movie posters:

Well, now I just have to make a post in this thread. Where did you get those Urusei Yatsura posters? I wouldn't mind buying some for myself!

Hmmm.... I've got a bit of a mystery here. My Nendoroid Elsa was combined with a couple of other things on AmiAmi. I got an email tonight saying there was a release date change, etc. etc., and the other two items were moved out of the order. But now when I go into my AmiAmi account, I can't find any of these items listed under any of my orders. :O

Hmmm.... I've got a bit of a mystery here. My Nendoroid Elsa was combined with a couple of other things on AmiAmi. I got an email tonight saying there was a release date change, etc. etc., and the other two items were moved out of the order. But now when I go into my AmiAmi account, I can't find any of these items listed under any of my orders. :O

Wait a bit.

I think when AmiAmi does the shift around with release date changes, those orders disappear for a bit.

Replicant

The last time this happened to me (MGS Solid Snake), they ended up making it separate order from the original month and not combined yet with the month in which it's supposed to be released. So when I couldn't find it in my original June shipment, I noticed there's an additional June shipment which only contains this item. So I merged the two and now he's in the same June shipment as the rest of my orders.

Giolon

Well, now I just have to make a post in this thread. Where did you get those Urusei Yatsura posters? I wouldn't mind buying some for myself!

Time to crush more dreams :( -
They were purchased at a vintage anime and movie poster shop in Nakano Broadway in Tokyo. They cost 5000 yen each, and at the time the exchange rate was 75:1.

There was a Princess Mononoke movie poster there that I didn't buy b/c it was 10000 yen and double sized, but I regret that decision every day. There was tons of stuff there. I remember classic Gundam posters among other franchises.

I absolutely love looking at those Urusei Yatsura posters every day. They're in my living room, and always make me smile.

Clov

Time to crush more dreams :( -
They were purchased at a vintage anime and movie poster shop in Nakano Broadway in Tokyo. They cost 5000 yen each, and at the time the exchange rate was 75:1.

There was a Princess Mononoke movie poster there that I didn't buy b/c it was 10000 yen and double sized, but I regret that decision every day. There was tons of stuff there. I remember classic Gundam posters among other franchises.

I absolutely love looking at those Urusei Yatsura posters every day. They're in my living room, and always make me smile.

You're lucky to have them! I doubt I'll find them, but I'll take a look around for some posters when I get to Japan in a couple years. Right now all I have in terms of posters is a Madoka one I got when the compilation movies played here. Definitely wouldn't mind adding to that.

I'm surprisingly not. This is one of the few figure I'll never sell anyway.

The thing is - you pay a large sum like that, you expect the figure to be in the condition they say it is. This was definitely not the case. You've got the figure, great. But it's the premise of what they promised versus what they gave you. Nippon-Yasan is fucking crazy and charging 38k for her, but I bet you for that price, she'll be in exactly the condition they say.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No wonder that bit of wall fell off. Who thought slapping a great dollop of mayonnaise all over some bricks would keep it together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom