• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

The day I seriously consider buying any kind of wallscroll is the day I need to evaluate my life.

Uh, I've got a few wall scrolls. Does that mean I need to reconsider? Lol Also framed anime movie posters:

UruseiYatsura1.jpg
UruseiYatsura2.jpg
KLKPoster.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Those things were all the rage years ago. They're basically just fabric posters. I still have a few in the closet, including a really awesome Last Exile one.

I'm just at a point in my life where I don't want anime art on my walls. The figures add enough anime energy.

Getting this on canvas is probably as far as I'd go for putting up wall art from media:

Uh, I've got a few wall scrolls. Does that mean I need to reconsider? Lol Also framed anime movie posters:

Those look great! Framed movie posters are one thing. Wallscrolls just seem kinda....cheap, I guess.

exemp30

The day I seriously consider buying any kind of wallscroll is the day I need to evaluate my life.
I felt like this once then realized that having a wallscroll or two wouldn't make a difference since I have a full display of cute girls in my room.

chrono01

Every once in a while, I ask myself, "Have I taken my hobby too far?" and then I see posts like chrono01's and then I say to myself "No, I have not. Maybe some day, but today is not that day."

Godspeed, chrono01!
I'm glad to make you feel better. :)

Spoiler: It's not a wallscroll. That probably just makes it worse, but it is what it is!

I want both, but in this case Senran Kagura.
Oh, nice. She's in-demand more than the other Asuka [NGE]. Great purchase!

I'm just at a point in my life where I don't want anime art on my walls. The figures add enough anime energy.

Getting this on canvas is probably as far as I'd go for putting up wall art from media:

Those look great! Framed movie posters are one thing. Wallscrolls just seem kinda....cheap, I guess.

I love Saga. Aside from the story and the characters, I love setting. I wouldn't mind if they fleshed that out a bit.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

I dunno man, I think I'd be saying that sort of thing when buying half-naked anime girl figures before I said that about buying wallscrolls. :p

One thing about wall scrolls, from my experience going back years when I worked retail in the 90s, is that most are bootlegs and/or low quality. I bought a wall scroll on a trip to Akihabara and the difference in the quality of the fabric, colors, etc. was huge. Never saw a scroll of this level of quality for sale in the States.

I actually just recently put in an order to have a semi-pervy picture of Chun-Li and Cammy printed on a wall scroll. Was thinking about going the poster route instead, since a framed poster would look much nicer, but then it hit me that I would rather just have a scroll to make it easier to take down and change up or store in comparison. But if it sucks, I'll try my luck with a poster version. I also won a Yahoo Auction for one of those smaller sized Ultra Street Fighter IV wall scrolls that Capcom recently put out.

I would like to get some old video game box art printed out on posters and framed, though. I found a really high quality scan of the LucasArts game The Secret Of Monkey Island that I think would look great hanging up.

EDIT: Here's a photo of it. Naturally it's a perverted Queen's Blade scroll. The lines are from it having been unrolled after being stored for a good four years.

Einbroch

Banned
I need help. I get confused at the different description of figurines.

With scales, 1/6, 1/8, 1/10, the smaller the number the bigger/taller the figure would be, right?

Also, what's Pre-painted PVC Easy Assembly Kit?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-KAI-8909&rank=

I want to avoid PlaMo (Plastic Model) at all cost since I'm not into constructing figurine.
1/6 is bigger than 1/10 if you're comparing two of the same character, but a 1/10 Gundam is bigger than a 1/1 fairy.

That kit you linked is probably a figure that has body parts that need to connect, like the limbs, head, and maybe a few accessories. Most figures just have 2-3, that one might have 9-10, but it's all completed, just not put together.

Edit: actually, it just might be a few:

That kit you linked is probably a figure that has body parts that need to connect, like the limbs, head, and maybe a few accessories.

This. Kotobukiya's Star Wars bishoujos were also easy-assembly kits. They simply come in several pieces that need to be connected instead of arriving completed like most PVC figures. This is probably to decrease the size of the packaging for cheaper shipping.

I was toying with the idea of getting that Hulkbuster / Hulk combo, myself. But that's pretty expensive. On the other hand, a 1/10 being 12" tall is kinda nuts.

Giolon

Looking at it does seem to be a promotional poster....
Chances of nabbing one
SLIM to NIL
ldMy552.gif

And just like that, you destroyed all our hopes and dreams.

Sorry, guys. :( If you want you can come over and hang out and look at it!

1/6 is bigger than 1/10 if you're comparing two of the same character, but a 1/10 Gundam is bigger than a 1/1 fairy.

That kit you linked is probably a figure that has body parts that need to connect, like the limbs, head, and maybe a few accessories. Most figures just have 2-3, that one might have 9-10, but it's all completed, just not put together.

Edit: actually, it just might be a few:

This. Kotobukiya's Star Wars bishoujos were also easy-assembly kits. They simply come in several pieces that need to be connected instead of arriving completed like most PVC figures. This is probably to decrease the size of the packaging for cheaper shipping.

I was toying with the idea of getting that Hulkbuster / Hulk combo, myself. But that's pretty expensive. On the other hand, a 1/10 being 12" tall is kinda nuts.
Yeah, this is how Kotobukiya's ArtFX line normally comes, and you can see in the title it's listed as ArtFX.

The Star Wars Bishoujos were oddly part of both their Bishoujo Line and their Star Wars ArtFX Line.

antibolo

Banned
I need help. I get confused at the different description of figurines.

With scales, 1/6, 1/8, 1/10, the smaller the number the bigger/taller the figure would be, right?

The scale is literally a fraction, of what a "lifesize" model would be.

Considering that Hatsune Miku is officially 158 cm tall, a 1/8 scale should be around 19.75 cm, while a 1/6 scale should be around 26.33 cm. Usually a bit more due to the stand and such. For instance the upcoming Tell Your World 1/8 scale is 21 cm, which seems pretty accurate.
This was a good excuse to repost a pic of that figure

Replicant

Thank you for the explanation. That'd explain why that Hulkbuster stands tall at 27cm even though it's only 1/10. That usually is a 1/6 scale figure for most typical figures.

Yeah, this is how Kotobukiya's ArtFX line normally comes, and you can see in the title it's listed as ArtFX.

Thank you for this as well. At least now I know it's easy to assemble. Well, the price is still crazy expensive. But then again, I was entertaining the Iron Giant figure and that's 300 kaching.

The scale is literally a fraction, of what a "lifesize" model would be.

Considering that Hatsune Miku is officially 158 cm tall, a 1/8 scale should be around 19.75 cm, while a 1/6 scale should be around 26.33 cm. Usually a bit more due to the stand and such. For instance the upcoming Tell Your World 1/8 scale is 21 cm, which seems pretty accurate.

This was a good excuse to repost a pic of that figure

Ah, now I know why that figure is relatively cheaper than the other Miku scale figures. 21cm is only a few cms taller than most figmas, am I right?

Ryuuroden

I used to do screen printing, lithographs and etching. I probably will start it back up again when I eventually build a home and a large workshop. Most likely I'll mainly get back into doing metalwork, plasterwork, ceramics, and woodwork.

I have sculptures all over the local area in storage cause I don't have room for them, I ended up throwing away some of them in the end like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom