• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Screw it, I'm reading Jojo. I'm tired of now knowing who it really was all this time.

TWxGNf0.gif

Catch up to the latest Part 8 chapter and join us in JoJoGAF! It's too good not to read all of it.

Giolon

Bishoujo She-Hulk arrived!

As you can see, the chipmunk-ness of her cheeks is largely dependent on lighting. I think that she looks totally fine in most lighting, but sometimes shadows will cast just right into the corner of her mouth and really make her cheeks look quite puffy.

Unfortunately, her upper and lower torso coloration is slightly different from each other. This was evident in the prototypes, and it was hoped (possibly even commented on by Kotobukiya through Plastikitty) that the coloration was only due to the prototype. With the naked eye, I was unable to see the color difference, but it really pops out in photos even before color manipulation.

On the positive side, her hair is magnificient. It's not transparent but it has sparkles in it, and the wavy sculpt is full of detail! They didn't even skimp no the top as some figures will frequently do. I love the musculature of her upper torso and abs, but feel her legs could use a little more definition. I also like how her leotard causes her boobs to squeeze in and bulge on the sides a little bit. It gives a softer appearance for them compared to the overall hardness of the rest of her body.

Since the only responses I got last time about similar photos was entirely in favor of including them, I haven't been as ruthless in cutting variations this time again. I continue to ask for feedback - let me know if you like seeing these additional photos or if you'd prefer I just cut it down to the bare minimum I feel necessary to capture all the unique features of the figure.

Great pictures. She definitly looks better than I originally thought she would. That being said yuk to the color difference. It almost makes her look like she has nylons on.

Replicant

Anyone knows if Anime-Island is reliable/reputable seller? I'm not liking how I spread myself from AmiAmi to HLJ to Nippon Yassan to Nin-Nin and now desperately looking for another retailer. But desperate time requires desperate measures......

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Anyone knows if Anime-Island is reliable/reputable seller? I'm not liking how I spread myself from AmiAmi to HLJ to Nippon Yassan to Nin-Nin and now desperately looking for another retailer. But desperate time requires desperate measures......

I pre-ordered something from them last summer that never came in. Never a peep from them. Had to get it elsewhere.

kewlmyc

They never answer my emails, so they can go fuck themselves. I wouldn't go with them.

Sakura Miku is definitely my favorite Nendo so far. She is cute as a button.

Still gotta fix that broken cherry ornament though.

Your pictures are starting to look MUCH better. The lighting and noise reduction in this one is very good compared to your older ones. I think the camera was a great upgrade for you.

Have a look through this album for some help with framing.

On another note, I marathoned all of Arpeggio of Blue Steel last night. Iona and Takao Nendos are on the way now, and I've had this tab open for hours.

Send help

or money. Help or money.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Your pictures are starting to look MUCH better. The lighting and noise reduction in this one is very good compared to your older ones. I think the camera was a great upgrade for you.

On another note, I marathoned all of Arpeggio of Blue Steel last night. Iona and Takao Nendos are on the way now, and I've had this tab open for hours.

Send help

or money. Help or money.

By the way your link doesn't work.

Screw that 20k ship, here's one of the same scale for 1/4 of the price!

Save the extra 15k for airbrush and paints! The future is limitless!

By the way your link doesn't work.

Screw that 20k ship, here's one of the same scale for 1/4 of the price!

Save the extra 15k for airbrush and paints! The future is limitless!

Which link? Both work for me D: Figured it out. Fixed it.

Also, that other ship isn't painted. I can't paint, and so we have a problem.

Well, at least you've finally discovered the best ship girls around.

Indeed Kan Colle is shit. Arpeggio is the real deal.

Replicant

I pre-ordered something from them last summer that never came in. Never a peep from them. Had to get it elsewhere.

They never answer my emails, so they can go fuck themselves. I wouldn't go with them.

Yikes @ the unanimous condemnation. Will definitely be avoiding them then. Thank you guys.

antibolo

Banned

That pic was mostly just a test for manually messing around with settings. I haven't started working on improving my lighting (still the same flood light shining directly over my desk), nor composition. The camera alone is really all that's making a difference at this point lol. Thanks for the link, I'll check that out.

Acid08

Banned
Got stuff in!

Sepang Miku

This was the first figure I ever pre-ordered so it's kinda special to me in that way! She is absolutely adorable. I wouldn't call her "top tier" in terms of paint or detail but her pose is great and I looooove her <3 hair buns! All of the metallic pieces are painted pretty darn well, came out better than I expected. Only QC problem I saw are a couple small scuff marks on her show, but nothing else.

MADOKA SCALE COLLECTION GET!

Ahhhhhh so happy to finally have this one complete! Shoutouts to Kewl again for Homura, I still don't think I'd have her if not for you selling her here for such a good price. Madoka herself looks amazing, great pose and the painting is absolutely perfect!

Some more individual shots of them:

oh yeah and also...Rabu Raibu notebooks

cajunator

Banned

Yikes @ the unanimous condemnation. Will definitely be avoiding them then. Thank you guys.

I ordered gsc Mami from them and it arrived with no problem whatsoever. If youre absolutely desperate for something a month or so after other preorders have closed they are viable.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Got stuff in!

Sepang Miku

This was the first figure I ever pre-ordered so it's kinda special to me in that way! She is absolutely adorable. I wouldn't call her "top tier" in terms of paint or detail but her pose is great and I looooove her <3 hair buns! All of the metallic pieces are painted pretty darn well, came out better than I expected. Only QC problem I saw are a couple small scuff marks on her show, but nothing else.

Ahhhhhh so happy to finally have this one complete! Shoutouts to Kewl again for Homura, I still don't think I'd have her if not for you selling her here for such a good price. Madoka herself looks amazing, great pose and the painting is absolutely perfect!

LOVE THE MADOKA STUFF
The Miku I only have a huge problem with the flat mouth otherwise it looks good.

cajunator

Banned
Got stuff in!

Sepang Miku

So nice!
I set this up recently.
have the normal Madoka and Homu too but I waited a long time to be able to set this up.

Giolon

Thanks for the kind words again everyone!

I fit 4 my frends

EDIT: Great pictures though haha. I need some more variation in how I take pictures of my scales. I can come up with plenty of pics for figmas, but not scales.

LOL. Like I said though, the issue isn't anywhere near as noticeable in person.
It sounds like your style is opposite of mine. I have the hardest time figuring out how to photograph my figmas - in part b/c they're so small, and in part b/c I have to come up with cool poses for them myself! I'm the guy that usually just picks a pose from the box (or promo shots) to mimic.

Paying any amount above MSRP for amiibos is silly.

I may have to for Lucina. T.T

Meyneth

He was Gamestop exclusive and sold out fast as fuck. Cut me some slack. He's the only one I paid over MSRP for though.
If the amiibo restock of May doesn't include shulk, I'm fully prepared to pay over the MSRP for him too. He's the only one I want who I don't have yet.

After that I only have 2(3 if Roy is actually a thing) more smash amiibos to go.

I hope daisy gets an amiibo someday
[looks wistfully into the distance]

He was Gamestop exclusive and sold out fast as fuck. Cut me some slack. He's the only one I paid over MSRP for though.

I called around for a few weeks looking for Shulk to no avail. Even had a friend help me look for him but in the end I just gave up. Supporting scalper practices are no go for me, I refuse to help those assholes make money. Although I'll admit I've done business with scalpers when it comes to Nendos. (N-Y sucks)

kierwynn

His original preorder was actually up for awhile lol I preordered one to be shipped and then a month later was able to preorder one for in store pick up.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Shulk was up for nearly two months from November. He then came back (and sold out fast) for a May restock. If you don't pay over MSRP for some amiibo you'll never get them.

kewlmyc

I called around for a few weeks looking for Shulk to no avail. Even had a friend help me look for him but in the end I just gave up. Supporting scalper practices are no go for me, I refuse to help those assholes make money. Although I'll admit I've done business with scalpers when it comes to Nendos. (N-Y sucks)

His original preorder was actually up for awhile lol I preordered one to be shipped and then a month later was able to preorder one for in store pick up.

Shulk was up for nearly two months from November. He then came back (and sold out fast) for a May restock. If you don't pay over MSRP for some amiibo you'll never get them.

It was? Damn, should have jumped on it back then.

Giolon

Aaaaaah, handheld close-ups with this camera are actually enjoyable now. It's a totally different experience.
(lighting still sucks, but I enjoy the shadows being casted)

Actually getting rid of all shadow can make things look flat.

Were you the one that bought the new Sony camera? Are you shooting in RAW?

I particularly like your first photo. It's well framed.

antibolo

Banned
Actually getting rid of all shadow can make things look flat.

Were you the one that bought the new Sony camera? Are you shooting in RAW?

I particularly like your first photo. It's well framed.

I got this camera this past week, started messing with it on Friday. I do shoot in RAW, yes.

And yeah I'm pretty happy with how that first one turned out.

Giolon

I got this camera this past week, started messing with it on Friday. I do shoot in RAW, yes.

And yeah I'm pretty happy with how that first one turned out.

Sweet. :) I hope you end up loving it.

If you don't have Adobe Lightroom yet, I can't recommend it enough. It will help you unlock the full power of your camera and the RAW format. It's ~$150 or you can get on Adobe's $10 / mo subscription and get Lightroom and Photoshop as long as you keep paying. Last year's version is down to $90 on Amazon. If you don't need the new features (built in Panorama support, HDR improvements...some filter stuff), it's a good way to save some cash and still get all the features you need. You can also possibly get it cheaper if you're a student.

So I bought a Thanos Pop! today whilst going around getting free comic books.

Bigger than I thought he would be. Now I am thinking I should've waited for Infinity War since they'll probably have one with the Infinity Gauntlet.

so my local comic book store does 33% off the entire store for free comic book day, and well

Jealous. I want that Tifa. I almost bought it last week at $85. What did you pay for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom