• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

Saekano Eriri by GSC

5545CDBA3C094F001F

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So I bought a Thanos Pop! today whilst going around getting free comic books.

IMG_20150502_180507_zps8l88tbe6.jpg

Bigger than I thought he would be. Now I am thinking I should've waited for Infinity War since they'll probably have one with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Thanos is a really nice POP! A lot of heft to him. I'm excited for my Marvel Collector Corps box to come in for dat Hulkbuster. You should post it in FunkoGAF! We haven't seen you over there for a while. ;)

Hey, just because I run AmiiboGAF doesn't mean I'm done being the Funko guy.

RMI

Banned
MADOKA SCALE COLLECTION GET!

Ahhhhhh so happy to finally have this one complete! Shoutouts to Kewl again for Homura, I still don't think I'd have her if not for you selling her here for such a good price. Madoka herself looks amazing, great pose and the painting is absolutely perfect!

Very nice, I love them as well. I thought based on previous comments that you were going to go with the other madoka, where she's kind of bent backwards jumping out of a little tornado or something. Glad to see you went with this one though, I think her pose is much better especially for the group display.

antibolo

Banned
Sweet. :) I hope you end up loving it.

If you don't have Adobe Lightroom yet, I can't recommend it enough. It will help you unlock the full power of your camera and the RAW format. It's ~$150 or you can get on Adobe's $10 / mo subscription and get Lightroom and Photoshop as long as you keep paying. Last year's version is down to $90 on Amazon. If you don't need the new features (built in Panorama support, HDR improvements...some filter stuff), it's a good way to save some cash and still get all the features you need. You can also possibly get it cheaper if you're a student.

I do love it so far!

As for Lightroom, I'm seriously considering it, but I'm currently debating on whether to get a Creative subscription or just straight up buying it. The idea of paying a monthly sub to use software makes me uneasy.

clos-up of Eriri
CEEUUT9VIAEp6Vx.jpg:orig

Is the fluffy base part of the figure??

tauke

I do love it so far!

As for Lightroom, I'm seriously considering it, but I'm currently debating on whether to get a Creative subscription or just straight up buying it. The idea of paying a monthly sub to use software makes me uneasy.

Is the fluffy base part of the figure??

I highly recommend Lightroom just for the integrated Adobe Camera Raw function into the UI.

If possible, you can always get the older version before it turn into subscription based.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Personally I just did the subscription model. Its $10/month, and you get full PhotoShop with it too. Yeah over the course of several years I lose some money, but Ill also get free updates too.
Yeesh. I use an extremely old version of Photoshop along with manga studio and paintool sai for all my work.
On my tablet I use artflow and snote. Works for the stuff I do.... Which is not much since I get lazy and start playing games instead of drawing. When I go on my trip at the end of the month all I will have in terms of PC stuff is my note 8 tablet and my phones. I will however still have my ps4 and vita with me

Omg the forums I used to be a part of are gone... Goodbye old work I used to do in highschool.
The forums were baka-wolf which seems to have been sold off or something.
They pretty much died when they went from an anime oriented social site to a fansub group and went to new management.

Yeesh. I use an extremely old version of Photoshop along with manga studio and paintool sai for all my work.
On my tablet I use artflow and snote. Works for the stuff I do.... Which is not much since I get lazy and start playing games instead of drawing. When I go on my trip at the end of the month all I will have in terms of PC stuff is my note 8 tablet and my phones. I will however still have my ps4 and vita with me

Omg the forums I used to be a part of are gone... Goodbye old work I used to do in highschool.
They pretty much died when they went from an anime oriented social site to a fansub group and went to new management.

Well Photoshop alone is like $600, so it takes 6 years for me to start losing on this, before factoring in Lightroom's cost. It's fine to me.

tauke

I didn't know Amiami closed until 6 May. Well I still got time to browse the preowned section so I can combined it with my Sakura and Syaoran order for May.

I use Paint Tool SAI and Photoshop for majority of my manga illustration since 2009. Used to do lineart in Corel Painter but the random glitchy display is not worth the trouble.

Talking about old work, I have a sketchbook thread over at Conceptart.org forums which I stop updating late 2010. Sadly the link is dead when CA.org uses a new forum software or maybe DB migration.

Acid08

Banned
Very nice, I love them as well. I thought based on previous comments that you were going to go with the other madoka, where she's kind of bent backwards jumping out of a little tornado or something. Glad to see you went with this one though, I think her pose is much better especially for the group display.
Yeah I was going to get the movie version but decided against it. I realized she didn't exactly fit with the other figures the more I looked at her. The older Madoka scale definitely compliments this set very well. Glad I got this one :)

omlet

I did go with that one for my set. They're both nice but I like the expression on the movie version one better. I think they're pretty much interchangeable so pick which one you like.

Saekano Eriri by GSC

5545CDBA3C094F001F

Been on my watch list since WonFes. I don't know the material but she looks cute. Pretty much hits all the right spots for my taste in figures :3 Need to see what the price and final paint job looks like.

Acid08

Banned
I did go with that one for my set. They're both nice but I like the expression on the movie version one better. I think they're pretty much interchangeable so pick which one you like.

Been on my watch list since WonFes. I don't know the material but she looks cute. Pretty much hits all the right spots for my taste in figures :3 Need to see what the price and final paint job looks like.
You should watch Saekano! It's actually pretty darn good.

Plus you'll get to see why Utaha is superior.

antibolo

Banned
Messing with the Lightroom CC trial right now.

I find it weird that I have to check the "Enable Profile Corrections" to not get distorted results on my RAWs. Seems obvious that it should be the default. Anyway I found how to set it as the new default.

Messing with the Lightroom CC trial right now.

I find it weird that I have to check the "Enable Profile Corrections" to not get distorted results on my RAWs. Seems obvious that it should be the default. Anyway I found how to set it as the new default.

Well, not everyone wants it that way haha. Although I didn't know you could make it default...

antibolo

Banned
Well, not everyone wants it that way haha. Although I didn't know you could make it default...

I discovered it by accident, if you hold Alt, the Reset button becomes Set Default... and then it changes the default image settings for the given camera.

The built-in RAW decoder in OS X automatically applied this compensation, so until I tried Lightroom I had no idea my lens had this "defect" that required this tweak. And then in Lightroom I noticed that some of my pictures showing my shelf were distorted, here's a comparison:
Left one is a pic I made for a post on Friday. Exported from the OS X Preview app.
Middle one is the same pic (from the same RAW), but exported from Lightroom without profile correction enabled. There's an obvious fish eye effect going on.
Right one is from Lightroom again, but with profile correction enabled. It now looks very similar to the left one.

On shooting as JPEGs this compensation is not needed, it's already done by the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom