• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just out of curiosity what is everyone's favorite figures from their collection. It doesn't have to be the rarest or most expensive, just the ones that you like the most.

Mine are in order

Agon1408568359.jpeg

Samurai recolor is the first figure I preordered. It made me break a rule about being familiar with the character first but it just caught my eye. It's not without faults though because I wish the hair ended up the color of the prototype.

Katsuragi is my favorite character in SK and I think this figure captures her perfectly. I got lucky and snagged her for only 3k on Manda. I have no complaints about this figure.

The Labrys Figma is super nice and cemented my love for Figmas. At such a small scale her details are really great. She has great posability and the Axe is awesome.

top 3? F THAT. I have too many figures

also I have too many "top figures". Gold Saw, BRS, Hitagi Senjougahara, ultimate madoka, triumphant saber, rin, etc etc

Acid08

Banned
Top 3?

1/6 Takaya Noriko from Kotobukiya

This is a figure from 2004 and it's painfully easy to see how drastically figure quality has increased. He paint ain't perfect, her skin isn't really perfectly smooth. Still, I feel like this figure captures the spirit of the character more than any other figure I own. The pose and facial expression are absolutely perfect and the base is beyond cool. I absolutely adore this thing and it has a permanent spot on my desk.

1/7 Kotobuki Tsumugi from Max Factory

I bought this figure before I had even seen K-On. I just absolutely loved the sculpt. The dress flows so realistically, the pose is dynamic, and the face is just off the charts of cuteness. All of the little details on her outfit are painted perfectly. Just a glorious figure of a great character.

1/8 Kirigri Kyoko from Phat!

This was the first "major" figure I bought and man, it blew me away. I feel like this figure represents what Danganronpa is super well. The blood stain, the crosshairs, the desk, the gymnasium style base. It absolutely nails what was so aesthetically cool about DR. Kyoko herself is gorgeous and the way the whole thing comes together is just incredible.

So just out of curiosity what is everyone's favorite figures from their collection. It doesn't have to be the rarest or most expensive, just the ones that you like the most.

Man, this is rough. I have a lot of figures I really like. And my favorites tend to change as I get new ones. Right now, I'll have to go with these three:

Kamael - Lineage II - 1/7 - Max Factory

Astaroth - Shinrabanshou Chocolate - 1/8 - MegaHouse

Juri Han - Street Fighter - 1/7 - Kotobukiya

chrono01

Ugh, top three. These are always difficult. >_<

Anyway, mine would have to be:

3) Momohime [Alter]:

This one shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone here. Probably one of the most-owned figures for those posting here and, if you don't already have her, you have my sympathies. She's a beauty.

2) Sansei Muramasa - Maid Ver. [Max Factory]:

If you know me then you know my love for Sansei Muramasa [seriously, when are we getting the visual novel localized? >_<]. I own many different iterations of her but the Maid Ver. from Max Factory is the best, in my personal opinion. Her face is 100% accurate to Namamik ATK's artwork, and manages to be both sexy and cute at the same time.

Also, it's Sansei Muramasa in a maid outfit. How could you not want her in your collection?

1) Hatsune Miku - Love is War DX Ver. [Good Smile Company]

By far the most impressive figure in my collection. Not only for its collectability but for its dynamics. The base is incredibly unique and her presence commands your utmost attention when you're near her. She's flawless, in every sense of the word.

Phat Company - Bayonetta
My first purchase. Absolutely lovely figure, great detail, and very dynamic pose.

Alter - Momohime
It's not widely wanted for nothing. Such a beautiful figure.

Megahouse - Ibuki
Most of the appeal comes to me as Ibuki is my favorite character, in one of my favorite fighting series, but it's a beautiful figure in it's own right.

HM are the Megahouse Elf, Koto Batman, and Max Factory Luka. Top three is so hard to choose from.

1) Kiri (Phat)

The one that started this
wallet destroying
hobby. Someone linked to it on the Danganronpa community thread and I think linked to FigureGAF when someone asked about it.

Helluva complex figure design but it's one of my favorites due to it.

2) Luca (Max Factory)

Became a fan of the Ar tonelico series after playing through Ar nosurge last year and tracked down and bought all of the games (currently working through Ar tonelico 1 at the moment). Ran into that figure on AmiAmi and immediately snatched it up. Trying to find a good price on the other AT2 figure out there but haven't found it yet.

More simplistic than Kirigiri, but I love the face and the flowy-ness of the clothing in it.

(Really wish there was Ciel/Ar nosurge figures or more Ar tonelico figures out there, I'd love to see a Ciel one based off the packaging of the original release of Ciel nosurge.)

3) Shiro (Kotobukiya)

The hair is probably one of my favorite parts of this figure, it's amazing looking when you see it in person even more so than the pictures.

(Off-topic, but how long should I go before sending off an email to AmiAmi to split off an item from an order? Still waiting on Luke to be split off, guessing they're backed up due to Golden Week and not splitting off the figure to May's order yet because of that?)

chrono01

(Off-topic, but how long should I go before sending off an email to AmiAmi to split off an item from an order? Still waiting on Luke to be split off, guessing they're backed up due to Golden Week and not splitting off the figure to May's order yet because of that?)
AmiAmi has been closed for the last few days and remain that way until Thursday [due to Golden Week]. I'm sure they'll get everything fixed when they return but, if they don't, send them an email on Friday and see if that expedites the process.

They normally remove/split items promptly for me, but sometimes I have had to email them.

antibolo

Banned
3) Racing Miku 2013 is my most beloved figma, she's so beautiful, saitom did the best Racing Miku design so far IMO.

2) Sakura Miku nendo is so cute and colorful, brings a smile to my face every time.

1) Chiaki. Best girl gets the best possible figure.

PS. H3XAntiStyle have you seen my last post on the previous page, I was wondering if you had any insight on that. Is it just a thing that's common on entry-level lens?

Phat Company - Bayonetta

My first purchase. Absolutely lovely figure, great detail, and very dynamic pose.

Alter - Momohime

It's not widely wanted for nothing. Such a beautiful figure.

Megahouse - Ibuki

Most of the appeal comes to me as Ibuki is my favorite character, in one of my favorite fighting series, but it's a beautiful figure in it's own right.

HM are the Megahouse Elf, Koto Batman, and Max Factory Luka. Top three is so hard to choose from.

Ooooh. Okay, I need that Bayonetta.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
1) Hatsune Miku - Love is War DX Ver. [Good Smile Company]

ptQJEVL.jpg

By far the most impressive figure in my collection. Not only for its collectability but for its dynamics. The base is incredibly unique and her presence commands your utmost attention when you're near her. She's flawless, in every sense of the word.

I want the SD garage kit variant :3

78849.jpg

Meyneth

Top three:

Just looking at the vibrant blue and red and yellow make me feel so happy. One of the greatest purchase of my life. (&#41485;&#7447;&#41485;)

It's the vibrant colours again. The yellow/orange for the hair is amazing in contrast to the teals and blues of the outfit

She's so squishy looking! The blue skin is also a mega plus. (&#9679;´&#969;&#65344;&#9679;)&#12446;

Bonus:
Not sure if nendos count, but these two idiots have to be at the top

Top 3 is hard for me, but the number 1 thing I look for in a figure is how well it represents the character.

Number 1: Alter Selvaria
The only Selvaria figure to get the character right. (Enterbrain's figure is fucking gorgeous and close, but she looks too proud in that one).

Number 2: Kotobukiya Makise Kurisu
Such a muted figure compared to most. I love the way it represents Steins;Gate's mysteries while also showing Makise's melancholic side, which had really gripped me to the character.

Number 3: Good Smile Triumphant Excalibur Saber
The details on this figure are just fucking incredible.from the armor to the swords to the battle dress. The whole thing just looks incredible. Captures saber in combat so damn well.

My picks will always be a bit stilted since my first priority is how it captures the character, but its hard to argue the quality on Saber and Selvaria at least.

Special mention to Vertex Noel Vermillion, but because of the oversized hips and pointy nipples I couldnt pick her for top 3

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
3) Revoltech Vash the Stampede
Trigun is one of my favorite series, and I've been dying to own the Revoltech figure for ages. Thanks to the reprint, I didn't have to shell out $80+ for him. Just an absolutely amazing figure.
So many accessories and such a nice sculpt...Hoping for a Wolfwood reprint! LOVE AND PEACE!

2) Toy Biz Banjo (Diddy Kong Racing)
Yeah, I know, I know, American figure. But it's the only Banjo figure ever made, and I love him to death! He doesn't come with Kazooie, but the figure perfectly captures Banjo's charm!
Not only does he scale perfectly in a Smash collection but he came with a Diddy Kong Racing car (I got the plane to reference Banjo-Pilot).

It's absolutely criminal that the prototype figure was never mass produced.
LKgYVAv.jpg

1) MINDSTYLE Pixar Tin Toy vinyl figure
dMmVc4E.png

A perfect replica of Tinny and his box from the Pixar short Tin Toy! Only 500 were made and it was a Comic-Con/convention exclusive. Definitely the prize of my collection.

Runner-Up: Comic-Con 2013 Exclusive Metroplex

Technically not a figure, but I'm a huge Transformers fan, so I bought the heck out of the SDCC Metroplex. It comes with an exclusive Scamper figure, chrome paint, small figures to reference older sets, and best of all...an actual nice storage case!
The retail version of Metroplex was shoved in a crummy cardboard box with an arm disassembled to fit. The SDCC comes in nice packaging that unfolds into a docking bay. Mmmmmm.

omlet

I can't pick a top three...

So here are three of my favorites. I think the only for-sure thing is Ultimate Madoka is probably my favorite favorite. I could pick a top 10 pretty easily I think but top 3 is too restricting! Anyway, here are three that would make the top ten list.

Ultimate Madoka (Good Smile)

Melty (Alter)

Dark Angel Olivia (Kotobukiya)

Top three nendos I could probably do a lot easier. I like my nendos and have the same dilemma as with my scale figures but I think I can pick a top three: Suigintou, Yukiko, and Gilgamesh.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I don't have a top three, but I picked some highlights instead:

Enterbay 1/4 Battle damaged T2 T-800, so good I'll just post a head shot:

Sideshow PF Queen of the Dead, from the tattoo's to the curves, and 'cause Polystone > PVC all day everyday...

Wings Rockin' Jellybean Devil's Cheerleader, best figure from his art to date, and most ridiculously uniquely awesome thing I own, so wrong it's right, pure sex appeal in it's basest form:

Oh fuck. I just got a text from my mom, she said that she bumped into my shelf and accidentally knocked down some of my figures. About 2 hours until I'm done work, I'm hopin that nothing broke...

Bloodember

Here's my top 3

1. Grace - Aspen: This is my grail, she most likely will always be my number 1.

2. Harley Quinn - Sideshow Collectibles: Love this figure, had no idea the detail the premium format figures had.

3. Supergirl - DC Collectibles: I'm a huge Supergirl and Michael Turner fan, I have this one and the mini, love this statue.

That's my top three, two and three could change, but I can't see number one changing at all.

george_us

I'm not huge on the super heroine Bishoujo's but I really like this and had no idea it existed.
Dat price though, 15k on manda
Yeah she goes for a pretty penny these days. I got into the game pretty late and was lucky to grab her for reasonable prices.

Wings Rockin' Jellybean Devil's Cheerleader, best figure from his art to date, and most ridiculously uniquely awesome thing I own, so wrong it's right, pure sex appeal in it's basest form:
This is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen.

And I kinda want it.

Kanra

So did anybody get their Lucina figure yet? I'm asking because I thought it was supposed to come out the end of last month and has been in preparing order for almost a week. Is this normal because this is the first time ordering a figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom