• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 3

Sideshow Darth Talon
A6USl4Al.jpg

Moore Fathom Aspen
iMjq6fxl.jpg

Alter Momohime
ILayeiSl.jpg

meijiko

Still doing top threes? Ok.

1. Kaiyodo Sakura Kinomoto

Even though this was made nearly fifteen years ago, it's still one of the most gorgeous figures I own.

2. Alter Clalaclan Philias

I love literally everything about this figure, from the character design to the armor to the sculpt quality of the frills and hair... Alter really did amazing work with this, and it made it all the sadder when Kotobukiya's Rosilinde didn't turn out half as nice.

3. Max Factory Aoba

There were probably a dozen figures that could've taken the number 3 spot, including Alter's Odin Sphere characters, but I think I once spoke true when I said that the Aoba figure was the reason I collect figures. I have such respect for this hobby when you can clearly see the talent and passion that went into designing and sculpting a figure, as is plain with this one.

cajunator

Banned
Still doing top threes? Ok.

1. Kaiyodo Sakura Kinomoto

Even though this was made nearly fifteen years ago, it's still one of the most gorgeous figures I own.

2. Alter Clalaclan Philias

I love literally everything about this figure, from the character design to the armor to the sculpt quality of the frills and hair... Alter really did amazing work with this, and it made it all the sadder when Kotobukiya's Rosilinde didn't turn out half as nice.

3. Max Factory Aoba

There were probably a dozen figures that could've taken the number 3 spot, including Alter's Odin Sphere characters, but I think I once spoke true when I said that the Aoba figure was the reason I collect figures. I have such respect for this hobby when you can clearly see the talent and passion that went into designing and sculpting a figure, as is plain with this one.

The ArtFX and Plum figures are taking the sting out of not having that CCS.

meijiko

The ArtFX and Plum figures are taking the sting out of not having that CCS.

As they should! I'm glad they're making new CCS figures, because it always frustrated me that the most gorgeous ones were old polystones that cost well over $200 a piece on YJA. They didn't show up very often, and half the ones I did see were terribly broken.

That Plum one has a good chance of being in a future top three. It's one of my favorite outfits.

Muzicfreq

Banned
how's it been going?
I have been kinda distant the past couple days or so. Been going through emotions and stuff. Also been stuck playing Destiny.

saw you guys doing a top 3
is it top three you own or just like in general?

how's it been going?
I have been kinda distant the past couple days or so. Been going through emotions and stuff. Also been stuck playing Destiny.

Wait, for some reason I thought this was top 3 of the year, not ever. I will actually have a top 3 then. In a bit.

Yeah I was just curious about people's favorites in their collections.

Railyn

Neo Member
1. Max Factory Aoba - The reason why I'm even here. @_@ I found FigureGAF when I was looking for how to not only find a copy of Aoba, but also how to even buy figures. Even if I didn't already know the character or source material, I'd probably have picked him up.

2. Max Factory Benten - Nanako's my favorite sculptor at this point. She has such attention to detail and creates such works of art. While there's a bit I wished they'd left out rather than copying the manga's style to the T, it's still so impressive.

3. Alter Natsume - Took a bit to figure out who I'd round the list up with. I have emotional ties with Megahouse's Kuroko (probably the hardest I worked to fight on Crunchyroll and Mandarake for a figure, because it was the second figure purchase I ever made). I just love the way Phat's Kirigiri came out, from her pose, to the base, to how cute her face is. Koto's Dark Angel Olivia with the twintails is so pretty, and I still prefer her over the original. Ended up deciding it was him because he's so serene and elegant, even considering how simple he is compared to my others in my collection. I really am grateful for the renewal version so I got a chance to own this figure. :)

Acid08

Banned
how's it been going?

Hope all is okay, man. Emotional stuff is the most draining kind of stuff. My Zoloft prescription just got stepped up from 100mg to 200mg because my symptoms haven't been getting any better.

how's it been going?

In my case, the top 3 that I own. Each of these are representative of my reasons for starting to collect scales in the first place.

There are a few pieces out there I'm still looking for ( Alter's Selvaria Bles comes to mind ), but there's nothing on the horizon that I've seen or preordered that would bump my top 3.

For now.

Top 3:

20150420-DSC03301.jpg by h3xantistyle, on Flickr
I have a thing for bunny girls, and SHE'S FUCKING HUGE. Real fishnet! Texture on the suit! The size makes this thing so wonderful.

20150409-DSC03161.jpg by h3xantistyle, on Flickr
I could take pictures of ZSS all day. Those eyes. That stance. The shimmer of her hair, the sparkle of her suit... It's just too damn photogenic, I can't not love it.

20150409-DSC03175.jpg by h3xantistyle, on Flickr
She's too damn adorable... I just can't.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Hope all is okay, man. Emotional stuff is the most draining kind of stuff. My Zoloft prescription just got stepped up from 100mg to 200mg because my symptoms haven't been getting any better.

It's okay. Just moving this yearis a huge drastic change since I have been in AZ all of my life and now moving to a completely new state

srst

Here's my top 3
1. Mirai Suenaga
1/3 scale actio...uhh doll. Cuteness overload right out of the box. Easier to get into than Volks.
v7uMWL4.jpg

2. RAH Ryuko Matoi
I love her style! Even though I've only watched one KLK episode, I have a few Ryukos in my collection. :p
f6meoWC.jpg

3. Celty Sturlson
This fig is spot on to my favourite character in the show. Great detail on wrinkles and nice airbrush work fleshing out the suit.
bjvt5tW.jpg

Guess who came in the mail today?

It was Clover Tear! Sorry, I couldn't resist the glorious Robutt!

I love Figmas, so I was interested to see how she would turn out given that she is an articulate figure of roughly Figma size made by a completely different company. Being a simple figure, there isn't much to her paint job, but what is there is done well. Her eyes are the most intricate part of her paint job, and they turned out beautiful. I also like that the little green light-bar just under her headband is made with reflective paint, and seems to be lit up. Clover was light on extra pieces, and only came with an extra pair of hands in a loose fist position. She also has an interesting stand. Instead of an arm plugging into a hole in the back as we're used to with Figmas and Nendos, She simply has a base with one peg that fits very snugly into a hole on either foot. Because the fit is so snug, and she's so light, it ends up feeling really solid, and I have no concern for her falling over.

Onto posability, and this is where I was most impressed. Her articulation is wonderful. The joints are a great middle ground of stiff enough to hold a pose well, and loose enough to pose easy. Instead of a Figma's mix of ball joints and hinge joints, every joint on Clover is a ball joint that makes her extremely easy to get into any pose. Additionally all of the major parts and ball joints separate with the same level of ease as with posing her, so it's quite easy to make major readjustments in seconds unlike Figmas that often feel like hands and legs are on super tight, and one wrong move will break them.

Funny thing is, after buying Clover and RAH Ryuko, I've come to take a different view of Figmas. I once believed they were top quality, but the ease of movement that RAH and Polnyian possess make me question Max Factory's design. I'm definitely looking forward to Shamrock now, and I'll be picking up Yume and Mel Karon if/when they go up as well.

Clover's simple and elegant design, as well as her super user-friendly poseability make her instantly my 2nd favorite articulate right behind RAH Ryuko.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Guess who came in the mail today?

It was Clover Tear! Sorry, I couldn't resist the glorious Robutt!

I love Figmas, so I was interested to see how she would turn out seeing as she is an articulate firgure of roughly Figma size made by a completely different company. Being a simple figure, there isn't much to her paintjob, but what is there is done well. Her eyes are the most intricate part of her paint job, and they turned out beautiful. I also like that the little green lightbar just under her headband is made with reflective paint, and seems to be lit up. Clover was light on extra pieces, and only came with an extra pair of hands in a loose fist position. She also has an interesting stand. Instead of an arm plugging into a hole in the back as we're used to with Figmas and Nendos, She simply has a base with one peg that fits very snugly into a hole on either foot. Because the fit is so snug, and she's so light, it ends up feeling really solid, and I have no concern for her falling over.

Onto posability, and this is where I was most impressed. Her articulation is wonderful. The joints are a great middle ground of stiff enough to hold a pose well, and loose enough to pose easy. Instead of a Figma's mix of ball joints and hinge joints, every joint on Clover is a ball joint that makes her extremely easy to get into any pose. Additionally all of the major parts and ball joints separate with the same level of ease as with posing her, so it's quite easy to make major readjustments in seconds unlike Figmas that often feel like hands and legs are on super tight, and one wrong move will break them.

funny thing is, after buying Clover and RAH Ryuko, I've come to take a different view of Figmas. I once believed they were top quality, but the ease of movement that RAH and Polnyian possess make me question Max Factory's design. I'm definitely looking forward to Shamrock now, and I'll be picking up Yume and Mel Karon if/when they go up as well.

Clover's simple and elegant design, as well as her super user-friendly poseability make her instantly my 2nd favorite articulate right behind RAH Ryuko.

I want the 2 so much.>.<

Bloodember

2. Max Factory Benten - Nanako's my favorite sculptor at this point. She has such attention to detail and creates such works of art. While there's a bit I wished they'd left out rather than copying the manga's style to the T, it's still so impressive.

Man, now I want her. But that price. Yeah, guess I don't want her that much.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
It's okay. Just moving this yearis a huge drastic change since I have been in AZ all of my life and now moving to a completely new state

I know this might be corny, and that I rarely post at the moment (190 hours in dark souls 2 SOTFS and counting) but you still have us, we haven't changed, were right where you left us, when the chips are down figuregaf is here for you!

Here's my top 3

Took a good long look at those smart dolls thanks to your link, kinda tempted to get one...

Man, now I want her. But that price. Yeah, guess I don't want her that much.
He went on sale as low as 120$ at some places but his price shot waaay back up. Aoba part 2.

Edit: speaking of hot toys, I just ordered Ada Wong from Mandarake. The shipping came out to be 4000 yen EMS? Do you think DHL would be cheaper? If not, I might just buy it brand new for about 20 dollars more....

Muzicfreq

Banned
I know this might be corny, and that I rarely post at the moment (190 hours in dark souls 2 SOTFS and counting) but you still have us, we haven't changed, were right where you left us, when the chips are down figuregaf is here for you!

Took a good long look at those smart dolls thanks to your link, kinda tempted to get one...

Thanks
I really should play less games and spend more time practice drawing

tauke

you draw Kino. I can respect that!
I should try drawing her.

Kino my waifu
. Well I love the character when I got the chance to read some of the translated story at Baka-Tsuki and also the anime! From there I've been a doppelgänger to Kuroboshi art style for his work inspire me the most compared to other artists.

woot woot

Followed you :D
O_O do you work for Bungie?! Some of this stuff looks like it would be for Destiny

I'm jobless now lol. Doing the odd commission here and there while looking for full time job. If I don't hear anything from the studios in Singapore by May 15, I'll be working locally instead to gain the working experience.

Also I'm not sure if I want to revive my DA account in the future.

tauke

I meant in the sense of getting an email or something, either from AmiAmi itself, or some third party site that crawls AmiAmi.

You can try putting in few keywords at Figinstock and set it to alert for AmiAmi only.

Try putting in popular keywords like... I got no idea lol. Maybe Love Live and Madoka since it frequently show up on Preowned lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom