• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to this, but here's my top 3 figures currently in my collection:

1. Natsume Takashi - Altair
TH58TR8.jpg
I'm sure no one is surprised at this one. haha I feel like most of my posts here have been about him in one way or another. The original was the reason I got interested in collecting figures, but due to tight funds and an expensive aftermarket price, he had remained my grail. When news of the Renewal version broke, I was ecstatic. I was able to get him for a great price and he looks more like his anime appearance. I go back and forth on whether or not I like his box but as for the figure itself I couldn't ask for more. A fantastic figure from my favorite series ever.

2. Flynn Scifo - Altair

H7ulEpu.jpg

My first scale that I was able to purchase. Love the character and I love the detail on him. And the mini figure is cute to boot! I've considered buying Yuri since the two figures are meant to be displayed together, but seeing as Flynn is currently in his box, it might be some time before that happens.

3. Kaito Cheerful Japan! Ver. - Nendoroid
My first Nendoroid! Kaito's my favorite Vocaloid and when I found there was a version with an alternate outfit included I caved and bought it. Fun to pose and the reason why I now secretly wish for all my favorite characters to be made into Nendos.

Honorable Mention - Professor Layton - Revoltech
l5Y9oaI.jpg

The very first figure to grace my shelves. Fun to pose and I love the accessories that come with him. He currently sits on my shelf sipping tea and holding one of the guns that came with my Snake figure. Will be forever disappointed his trusty companions were never made in Revoltech form to join his tea party.

I realize this is a list of firsts, but there's definitely a reason they're my top figures. It also helps that my overall collection is pretty small.

The AmiAmi pre-owned section is a dangerous place. Ended up falling off the no-figure wagon, but since it was the Dragon's Crown Elf, it's perfectly okay.

Now regretting not grabbing the Amazon while she was up and fighting the urge to grab both Mikudayo nendos...probably going to lose that battle, though.

Now to buy another shelf to display the 10+ figures that are still in their boxes.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
For what it's worth I didn't get it at first either. My only thought was "she wears too little clothing to be winter sports themed".

I thought it was figure skating first because of the blouse, but reading the kanji it is actually winter swimming.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
These guys are out in Hong Kong !!!

They were the first Hot Toys figs I preordered and it seems I've been waiting forever, I'm super stoked :D

Awesome look forward to seeing 'em when you get 'em...

Thanks
I really should play less games and spend more time practice drawing

You should really draw...All the time... All the time... ALL THE TIME...

And so should I, but I'm easily distracted...

What was I saying?

I havent seen it.
here's mine
http://fiever.deviantart.com/

http://innotech.deviantart.com/

I wish I had the means to make this one into a figurine

Man I forgot deviant art existed, added you guys as follwers/friends/etc. here's my account created 11 years ago NSFW:
http://lusipher.deviantart.com/gallery/ Not joking it's NSFW...

------------------

Today I fell off the wagon and bought some Lego... An At-At, my wife talked me into it.

Also canceled the Avengers:AOU Hot Toys Captain America from sideshow cause
the movie sucked so hard my teeth fell out watching it...

Einbroch

Banned
What the actual fuck, AmiAmi.

B/B Cheerful Miku, and the item has a giant gash in it. I mean, it's not a mark, it's a GASH. Black, deep.

Spent over $170 on this after shipping, and this is what I get?

Awesome. It's so obvious, even when standing. I'm all for little bits knicked with some paint on some unseen parts, but ugh. This was one of my grails. I'm mad. Guess I'll try and touch it up but it's a gash.

B/B Cheerful Miku, and the item has a giant gash in it. I mean, it's not a mark, it's a GASH. Black, deep.

Awesome. It's so obvious, even when standing. I'm all for little bits knicked with some paint on some unseen parts, but ugh. This was one of my grails. I'm mad. Guess I'll try and touch it up but it's a gash.

Wow...I would send them a email...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I'd contact them about that and send the pictures. While a return might not be ideal, maybe they can at least give you a credit.

Einbroch

Banned
I'd contact them about that and send the pictures. While a return might not be ideal, maybe they can at least give you a credit.

I'd be completely fine with a partial credit, even if it's just the difference in B/B ==> C/B. It's not worth it to either party to do a return.

Sent them an email with a few pictures.

Theonik

Like I said, AmiAmi's policy of not checking or informing people about the condition of anything over a C is really bad. I actually wonder if they took it out the box.

Acid08

Banned

Yikes man, that's awful. The B condition of "may have minor signs of wear" has always been weirdly nebulous.

Yikes man, that's awful. The B condition of "may have minor signs of wear" has always been weirdly nebulous.

I have 1 B figure that has a small dark mark on the back of the head. It was on a body I wasn't going to use anyways so I didn't care.

That mark on Miku though is horrendous.

A few packages arrived today and one of them was an order from rightstuf and the last copy of the Anohana movie, it arrived with the slipcover cardboard case having a huge crush down the middle and due to aniplex's policy rightstuf is unable to offer refunds, they offer exchanges incase of damage or defect but this was the last copy =/

my luck is bleh lol

Kinda late to the party, but i saw the posts a few pages back and thought i'd share my favorite three

1. Max Factory - Ignis - probably my absolute favorite figure of mine. great sculpt, love the character, and love that it included her glasses. (I have about 3 figures of ignis maybe? I saw a new one in the thread recently, i want to see the paint of it before i consider her)

2. Alter - Dizzy - took me a little while to get her, but was well worth the wait. big guilty gear fan so of course i had to jump on. now i just want to get a millia figure and i'll be all set. her scale is a bit small, but the the detail more than makes up for it, wingspan and all i think she's about a foot tall i believe? i had to rearrange my detolf a few times because of her ahahaha

3. Good Smile Company - Dead Master - dead master's been one of my favorite character designs in recent years (i even have her regular and TV anime version nendoroids, they're adorable) and when i saw this one i had to get her. amazing sculpt, and even though there's a bit of assembly involved, it's not bad at all. plus everyone who sees it thinks she is incredibly rad.

omlet

My MF Ignis lost her glasses when I moved :(

It was my first scale and it still holds up despite its age (except for the leaning problem). SuperRat's old photoshoot of her convinced me to get that figure. Thus it began...

Acid08

Banned
Hey everyone! So due to my some stuff from my medical insurance +my increasing amount of prescriptions/dosages my medical costs are increasing. I'm trying to get more hours from work but it's hard because of the amount of time I need to spend at school. In the meantime, to take some of the burden off right now, I'm trying to sell a couple things.

MegaHouse Yukiko Amagi-$35 shipped

Ques Q Elizabeth Christmas Ver-$60 shipped

FuRyu Super Sonico After Bath-$20 shipped

figm Mami Tomoe School Uniform Version-$30 shipped

Nendoroid Beatrice Anastasia-$30 shipped

Just PM me if you're interested in anything! Thanks!

edit: Yukiko has been sold!

NEO0MJ

Can't miss a chance to show off my top figures!

1- Max Factory Goddanar: Twin Drive Mode

For me, this is the crowning jewel of my collection. Max Factory is know for quality but they really knocked it out of the park with this one. First, the figure is just wonderful to look at. The colors and paint quality really capture the eye, and it has extremely well sculpted details. I love the clear chest showing the inner workings. It has a nice heft to it thanks to the generous amount of die-cast inside, and is well engineered so as to not lose balance. And of course it's extremely well articulated with some nice tricks to hide the joints while allowing for max posability. It comes with all the right accessories, a hand position for every pose, blue flame for the head, and the biggest fucking sword you'll ever see.

2- Fewture EX Gokin Shin Getter 1

16749048704_07de404367_o.jpg

An amazing reimagining of the classi mecha, this was one of Taku Sato's last complete Go Nagi mecha redesign, and he made sure it was beautiful. Big with incredible shelf presence, the weapons it comes with are huge and amplify that. It's almost as good as the Goddanar above, but its paint, articulation, and balance aren't at the same level so it comes down to no.2. Still, it's an amazing toy and I love how many weapons come with it, as well as how customizable the guns are.

3A metal Gear Rex

A dream come true for little ten year old me. I've been waiting for a Rex toy for ages, and 3A made that dream come true. This monster Is the biggest piece in my collection, having to set outside the shelves proves it. This thing is maliciously detailed, and 3A really made it look like something that has seen battle. The armor is fully removable, exposing all the inner mechanisms of the machine. its body lights up and the rail gun has an awesome charge motion.

chrono01

Damn, that's painful to see.

I hope AmiAmi refunds at least a portion of her cost. That's definitely more C/B quality than B/B.

My MF Ignis lost her glasses when I moved :(

It was my first scale and it still holds up despite its age (except for the leaning problem). SuperRat's old photoshoot of her convinced me to get that figure. Thus it began...

aw dang, i'm sorry you lost her glasses, they're awesome! and yeah that leaning problem kinda sucks but other than that, she's still really good.

Anony

B: Good - Item has been opened and contains signs of minor wear or damage. All parts are included.
C: Acceptable - Opened item with conspicuous damage. Parts may be missing.

uh, sounds about right, unless u got missing parts

Acid08

Banned
B: Good - Item has been opened and contains signs of minor wear or damage. All parts are included.

That isn't "minor" damage, especially from the usually super strict standards Japanese retailers set.

Einbroch

Banned

For the western world, you'd be right. But I've ordered 30+ preowned items from AmiAmi, and Yahoo uses the same standards. Never has a "B" item had more than a tiny mark somewhere not obvious.

"B" is near perfect but might have some minor belmishes, like a very minor rogue paint mark, a loose peg, or something else that lets you know it's been opened. All "B" is is an opened figure. 95% of the figures in everyone's collection, as long as it's been properly taken care of, is a "B".

This isn't a "B". This has one obvious flaw that was man-made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom