• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
My top 3:
kilani1273721478.jpeg

Chance

My top 3:

Ohmigosh. I never thought someone else would put the Amazon in their top three. She's my fourth scale fig, she doesn't have all the frills of some other nice figs - not the dynamic pose of the Elf or the soaring wings of a Madoka, but yeah... she's my #1.

9VsGSWJ.jpg

I just love the char so much, and she's such a great representation of the key art.

#2 I'd have to give to Momo, like so many here.

NWDIIBg.jpg

#3, the Alter Selvaria. Best Selvaria, imo.

1RuQqKn.jpg

Wanderer5

Happy birthday.
At least you don't have a website telling you that you look 42 when you're only 25 orz

XD

Make that 24.:p Thanks guys!

And oh man is Link so awesome. I thought for a moment that I broke his shield through before realizing that the handle is a separate piece.XD Good to have a LoZ figure finally.

I only have Selvaria Vertex for this month...I had the cardcaptor Sakura Koto figs on order but I'm not really feeling how Sakura turned out. I haven't had one figure ordered in a month since last February (2014)

SoldnerKei

since some of you are still doing it, here's my top 3:

1) Link's Figma - bc he's my fav videogame character from all time.

2) Rororina Fryxell - I have been hunting down this figure since I began this hobby, finally got her!

3) Samus Aran Zero Suit Ver. - my other fav character, despite de Other M stigma, I really like this Samus

tbh Samus is tied up with Tharja, both figures are pretty good looking, and I love Fire Emblem as much as I love Metroid, but Metroid has more history on my gaming years

My top 3.

1) Alter Mio Akiyama. First alter figure and I'm pretty impressed with the quality. The guitar in particular.
FIG-MOE-1094_01.jpg

2) Ques Q Takao. Very sexy and elegant outfit. Great pose and that hair is wild but tamed.
FIGURE-006830_01.jpg

3) Megahouse Dragon's Crown Elf. Very lively and captures her character in the game perfectly.
FIGURE-008969_02.jpg

2) Rororina Fryxell - I have been hunting down this figure since I began this hobby, finally got her!

Ahhh! I kind of want her too!

Meyneth

Is kero's nose upside down?

Also, daylight pictures:
Mouth is still weird, even with the slight addition of teeth at the top. The base is also disproportionately light compared to the weight of the actual figure.
She looks super magical-girly though! So good &#12542;(>&#9661;<)&#65417;

Wanderer5

Thanks to those after the last thanks.:p Now having mess around with Link nendoroid and had some other thoughts on my previous top 3, my new revise 3 are:

1. Toon Link Nendoroid.
2. Samus Figma
3. Red Nendoroid
I just adore Link Nendoroid. He is so wonderful with some neat accessory too, and the Nendoroid line is perfect for Toon Link. I think in the end I really love the paint work on samus and well blended joints, despite some quirks with the hip joints, that I put her up over Red at least. All 3 are really close together through, and I continue to be so happy that good quality nintendo figures such as these have started to appear more in the last couple years. Now to take some pictures of link and my now three nendo army.:p

Muzicfreq

Banned
Is kero's nose upside down?

Also, daylight pictures:

Mouth is still weird, even with the slight addition of teeth at the top. The base is also disproportionately light compared to the weight of the actual figure.
She looks super magical-girly though! So good &#12542;(>&#9661;<)&#65417;
Hitler kero

Ryuuroden

Crunchyroll should be getting my Ciel any day now.

Also, to those of you in the Chicago land area. Brickworld will be at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center in Schaumburg, Illinois on June 20-21'st. I will be there with my 8 and a half foot tall Orthanc so feel free to stop by.

http://www.brickworld.us/chicago/

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Will there be huge update on amiami and mand after golden week? The same midnight update? Because I am hunting for a lot of figures.

Will there be huge update on amiami and mand after golden week? The same midnight update? Because I am hunting for a lot of figures.

AmiAmi's a crapshoot. It might show up at the usual time, it might come in waves throughout the night, it might take a couple of days for the big update, the site might crash and no one will get anything.

Mandarake has been updating through the holiday, so dunno if they'll get a big update.

NotLiquid

I got my Chiaki as well. As much as I think Phat did a tremendously clever job in having the entire setup (I can presume this is why it cost so much), the base is a little too extreme for my tastes. Although Kyoko also had a bit of a busy base, it was relatively subtle. This one's a bit overboard and I think the cords and even all the details kind of end up getting in the way of the figure. It feels like she's not really the focus.

I think I'm going to just remove Chiaki from the base and have her sitting down instead. Thankfully she maintains a good balance for that purpose alone. I'll probably consider setting up the base itself again once I move out because I have no space for this. Overall a purchase I'm slightly more ambivalent about to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom