• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
For you guys waiting on AmiAmi, going by their normal schedule, their next update will be in ~14 hours. You can go to bed/work/whatever with safety.

Red is one of the rarer Nendos.

Usually getting a preowned Nendo is no problem. Might have to pay a little more, maybe a little less. Nendos hold value well but never really fluctuate up or down as a whole.

There are a few exceptions, and Red is one of them.

Yeah I figured. I'll keep an eye out but won't get my hopes up like someone else said.

antibolo

Banned
Yeah I figured. I'll keep an eye out but won't get my hopes up like someone else said.

No nendo is really impossible to find. But depending on your amount of patience you may have to fork some extra money.

Nendos and figmas of Nintendo characters are probably the ones that get the largest production batches. And they tend to be likely to get reprints (figma Link is getting a reprint right now).

Nice try, guy. You just want all the plastic butts to yourself.

Come on, it's 10:15 PM on a holiday over here. Who's gonna update their inventory?

Also remember last time there was a big holiday, and we were all waiting for the mega update, but it never actually came? There were just normal updates of 20 - 30 figures daily for a week? Yeah, I bet that happens again.

No nendo is really impossible to find. But depending on your amount of patience you may have to fork some extra money.

I don't remember who she is, but there's one stupid rare nendo that goes for like $400. I've seen it on AmiAmi once last year.

EDIT: It's this one. Aparently no one was playing ball with her original price, and since she was listed 7 months ago AmiAmi has gradually reduced her price. She's still up at B+/C for a much more reasonable 16k if you're feeling bold.

Lastly, proof I'm not insane and was remembering correctly. Here's an old successful ebay sale of her for over $1000.

This thread right now

YWzoi0S.jpg

Nendos and figmas of Nintendo characters are probably the ones that get the largest production batches. And they tend to be likely to get reprints (figma Link is getting a reprint right now).

Oh I'm getting that figma link for sure, but I gotta get my girlfriend her stuff first because her birthday is on the 18th and I wanna focus on her at the moment. I can be very patient, or I could sell all the amiibos I have at the moment and collect these instead. Amiibos are just starting to get annoying to collect. :(

Come on, it's 10:15 PM on a holiday over here. Who's gonna update their inventory?

Also remember last time there was a big holiday, and we were all waiting for the mega update, but it never actually came? There were just normal updates of 20 - 30 figures daily for a week? Yeah, I bet that happens again.

I don't remember who she is, but there's one stupid rare nendo that goes for like $400. I've seen it on AmiAmi once last year.

EDIT: It's this one. Aparently no one was playing ball with her original price, and since she was listed 7 months ago AmiAmi has gradually reduced her price. She's still up at B+/C for a much more reasonable 16k if you're feeling bold.

Lastly, proof I'm not insane and was remembering correctly. Here's an old successful ebay sale of her for over $1000.

What in the world? Why is it so expensive? Very limited print?

Replicant

My Detolf right now:

iT1zoWI0zfyVN.png

ii1QZKayO9375.png

iZcxiY9QzxHuv.png

ibliKC2mRMdtqV.png

Especially very happy with the guy on the bottom rack left. Voltes V was my favorite childhood series and this figure was shockingly *easy* to put together unlike some of my other figurines (ie. Saint Seiya - how do you keep him standing?) seen above. Well, for the price it better be and I'm glad it did.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Winter hunting miku, comes with a rifle, skinning knife, and a live bunny with bullet wound.

Comes with "don't worry I'll end your pain soon" face.

Japan please.

Smallest amiami box ive ever got.

Syo figure is this month, hope alter delays ^_^

I'd honestly be surprised if Sho and Natsuki don't get delayed at least a month, but with how Alter's been improving on actually releasing figures, it doesn't seem like as safe a bet as before. I'd say keep an eye on their Amiami listings and if you see them go back up for preorder then they'll most likely be delayed. That's what happened with my Natsume Alter when he got delayed from Nov -> Dec -> Jan.

kierwynn

Fiance talked to the post office this morning. The courier said it was a pretty big box- it hasn't been delivered anywhere but they're not sure where it is. They said it may have gotten mixed up in some other stuff (idk how you get a giant box just mixed up some where but whatever) and told him they'd look and give him a call. He said he isn't gonna count on that, so he's gonna run over there later if he doesn't hear back from them.

I just want my figures. :( Been so excited for Chiaki sob

kierwynn

My mom called and said my box was delivered! She said their favorite mail guy (not the one who has delivered the mail the past week) stopped by to give it to them and he seemed unsure how this all happened as well. lol We're going up there in a bit because we have to take my grandma to a doctors appointment so I'll be able to grab it!

My mom called and said my box was delivered! She said their favorite mail guy (not the one who has delivered the mail the past week) stopped by to give it to them and he seemed unsure how this all happened as well. lol We're going up there in a bit because we have to take my grandma to a doctors appointment so I'll be able to grab it!

Good to hear all went well.

Enjoy Slay and Chikai~

Excellent news.

Acid08

Banned

Good shit! Postal carriers fuckin' up this week.

Happy Birthday to Megawarrior if the MFC notification is correct, too tired to do an update for now lol, but not like there's too much to post what with Golden week lol, so it'll probably come tomorrow.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Another miracle preformed by USPS!

Replicant

Awesome collection! Very varied, too. You have something from everything sitting there. You deserve the diversity award.

Ha, thank you! I just went for what I really want and it's enough to make it varied, I guess.

And Voltes V is indeed awesome, though I 'm more partial to Combattler V myself.

I'm mostly impressed by the build construction. How much they have thought through the pieces. Many figures have this annoying problem where it's a nightmare trying to fit a hand, for example, into its socket. But not this figure.

I just saw the opening for Combattler. Wow, I remember that show. I should check it out again...although that'd be a bad idea especially if it leads me down to the figure path.

kewlmyc

When's the longest you think someone should wait before contacting a seller on ebay because they still haven't shipped your item? Won the auction on Sunday, already had the money taken out of my account on the Monday, but haven't heard anything yet.

antibolo

Banned
I got my Type 2020 Miku today! She's awesome!

I had trouble putting her twintails on, but now I realize that it was pretty stupid of me to put her on her stand BEFORE installing her twintails. ~_~ Thankfully I did not snap her neck in the process...

Her box is indeed bigger than Chiaki, damn. Also I got charged brokerage fees on delivery, ugh. Ended up costing me more than Chiaki, so it's my most expensive figure so far.

I will hold off on doing pics until I get the other two from the "spend my tax returns" set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom