• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
When's the longest you think someone should wait before contacting a seller on ebay because they still haven't shipped your item? Won the auction on Sunday, already had the money taken out of my account on the Monday, but haven't heard anything yet.

I used to sell stuffs on eBay, a lot of people email me complains if they didn't get a tracking number the next day.

NEO0MJ

Wow, I remember that show. I should check it out again...although that'd be a bad idea especially if it leads me down to the figure path.

The SOC line is more or less dead now and figures are rarely reissued so you don't have to worry about that.

When's the longest you think someone should wait before contacting a seller on ebay because they still haven't shipped your item? Won the auction on Sunday, already had the money taken out of my account on the Monday, but haven't heard anything yet.

Isn't three working days the longest dispatch time you can select as a seller on ebay? I'd say that long.

antibolo

Banned

All eBay listings have a defined policy on shipping times. You are in your right to complain when the delay has become longer than the one the seller defined on their auction.

The default IIRC is two business days, but the seller may have changed it.

Femto.

Can anyone recommend some camera settings to get descent quality pics on an iPotatoe 6?

I read H3X's guide from the last OT and it makes want to buy a new camera :(

Can anyone recommend some camera settings to get descent quality pics on an iPotatoe 6?

I read H3X's guide from the last OT and it makes want to buy a new camera :(
You'll unlikely to get a good macro detail photos with a mobile unless you buy certain peripherals to attach on the camera, any zooming by phones will be digital so will be terrible unless you put your camera right where you wanna photo =/

Femto.

You'll unlikely to get a good macro detail photos with a mobile unless you buy certain peripherals to attach on the camera, any zooming by phones will be digital so will be terrible unless you put your camera right where you wanna photo =/
I'm just wondering if there are ways to make them look better is all. I guess I'll just fiddle around with the settings.

oh man, guys. She-Hulk bishoujo is so awesome. Pictures really don't do justice to the resculpt Koto did of her face. She looks great.

SHE-HULKUUUUUUU!!!!!

antibolo

Banned
Well I guess I need to get a DETOLF now, I'm too afraid to leave my Type 2020 Miku unprotected, I feel like she is too likely to break if anyone accidentally makes her fall down, which seems likely considering how wide she is. And I have no idea where to put her right now anyway.

Okay, this is rad as fuck. It's a Totoro GK. I would pay some serious moonbucks for a PVC of this...

tumblr_nnwqdkUYnu1qzdctco1_250.jpg
tumblr_nnwqdkUYnu1qzdctco3_250.jpg
tumblr_nnwqdkUYnu1qzdctco2_250.jpg
tumblr_nnwqdkUYnu1qzdctco4_250.jpg

Dat Cheshire Cat smile. :D

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Well I guess I need to get a DETOLF now, I'm too afraid to leave my Type 2020 Miku unprotected, I feel like she is too likely to break if anyone accidentally makes her fall down, which seems likely considering how wide she is. And I have no idea where to put her right now anyway.

I can never leave any figures outside of detolf, dust is my biggest enemy.

I'm just wondering if there are ways to make them look better is all. I guess I'll just fiddle around with the settings.

You're gonna need an editing app like Snapseed or VSCOcam. Personally, I use Camera+ and CortexCam to take all my pictures. Camera+ has quick filters and also has the option to do advanced fine tuning if needed. It can also save all your files in TIF format if you want lossless picture on an iPhone as much as possible.

Cortex Cam I use for indoor pictures because it can remove excessive noise from the pictures you take without getting rid of details.

But overall, you can do what you can with what you have, but nothing is going to beat a good quality DSLR.

I know I'm not a regular in this thread and I definitely do not have any pictures of figures to show my camera skills. I'm not a professional, but I know enough to take quality pics. Just thought I'd help out.

Been a while since I posted in this thread (Somewhere in OT3) but my Tsugumi (Nisekoi) Nendoroid just came in the mail. My first figurine! Now the question is: Do I open the box? What do?

kierwynn

Finally getting to assemble my figures- I started with Sorey cause I figured he'd be easy. I'm having trouble with him tho lol Can't get him on his base bery far but now he feels like he doesn't want to come off so I'm scared to try. womp

Finally getting to assemble my figures- I started with Sorey cause I figured he'd be easy. I'm having trouble with him tho lol Can't get him on his base bery far but now he feels like he doesn't want to come off so I'm scared to try. womp

I'm so Sorey you're having difficulty. XD

I got him too. Not unboxing anything until the weekend. Except maybe She-Hulk. Himeji is.....basically regular 1/7 sized. The only thing castle-sized about her was her price. Harumph.

You might as well, your wallet is already done for.

Also, your avatar is totes adorbz.

It's had time to recover, I made and paid for those pre-orders Jan. 2nd of this year and I haven't bought any other figurines since then. There's that 1/2 scale Big Boss hand with the MGS V LE pre-order if that counts lol.

And thanks, I've been rocking this since Summer 2013 when SMT IV came out.

So I need a new Amazon account for buying stuff on the Japanese Amazon site, right? After that, is it just like regular Amazon?

Pretty much.

I think the only part is when you are entering your address is to click the option that it is an international address.

You can even sign up in English too.

kewlmyc

You just have to use force, but make sure not to crack or break the flimsy base. Feels like they didn't make his holes big enough.

Keep hearing this thrown around but haven't done it myself. Explain.

If the holes in a figure's feet are too small for the pegs in the base, simply fill a dixie cup with hot water from the faucet, then dunk the foot in there (ankle or calf-deep) for 10 seconds or so. Dry it off and then try again. The heat from the water will soften the PVC juuuuust enough to suit your purpose. The peg will go in much easier. If the problem area isn't a foot, then you're better off using a hair-dryer.

antibolo

Banned

Yeah there's that too...

I just pulled my pic from the previous page off of MFC because someone commented (in Russian, no less, thanks Google Translate) that my Luka figma was dusty as fuck.

I gotta dust my figures more often. Or put them all in a detolf, of course.

meijiko

Sakura came in yesterday. But since someone else already posted pictures of her, I'll show the other figure I picked up last month from the pre-owned section.

A new cutie witch! It's a shame she doesn't like the flash well, because she's actually pretty nice-looking in person. Her paint is just too reflective, and the lighting in here sucks.

She's this figure, for the interested. I should note that I bought her purely for the aesthetics, and know nothing about the source material.

kewlmyc

Sakura came in yesterday. But since someone else already posted pictures of her, I'll show the other figure I picked up last month from the pre-owned section.

A new cutie witch! It's a shame she doesn't like the flash well, because she's actually pretty nice-looking in person. Her paint is just too reflective, and the lighting in here sucks.

She's this figure, for the interested. I should note that I bought her purely for the aesthetics, and know nothing about the source material.

Dat Ore Monogatari in the background.

cajunator

Banned

OMG I WANT

Snake from Sideshow isn't 40% off....oh well. They have some good deals on the DC Real Action Heroes though. Too bad I already have a few Hot Toys to pay off this Friday.

chrono01

My mom called and said my box was delivered! She said their favorite mail guy (not the one who has delivered the mail the past week) stopped by to give it to them and he seemed unsure how this all happened as well. lol We're going up there in a bit because we have to take my grandma to a doctors appointment so I'll be able to grab it!
Very nice, I'm glad to hear you received it!

Ultimadrago

You know, I really enjoy seeing figures showcased that are different. Seeing the same "Figure of the Week/Month" gets old and when I see something less flashy or more antique, you know, "different." it makes the thread all the better. Thanks for sharing.

Ryuuroden

I don't have too many issues with dust due to how much I am away lol. I did a major clean a few months ago and some of my figures that sit without any glass or anything surrounding it had barely any dust on it after 9+ months.

My lego is a bigger dust magnet.... :( and I have a lot more of that than I do figures.

Unboxed She-Hulk. HHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

She might be my favorite Marvel bishoujo so far. She's the bishoujo Power Girl of the Marvel line.

Theonik

I don't have too many issues with dust due to how much I am away lol. I did a major clean a few months ago and some of my figures that sit without any glass or anything surrounding it had barely any dust on it after 9+ months.

My lego is a bigger dust magnet.... :( and I have a lot more of that than I do figures.
You can just take most LEGO apart and stick it in the washing machine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom