• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyneth

Nendo Elsa just arrived in Canada. And here I was, thinking tomorrow was going to be sleep-in day.
Probably not going to rescue magnolia until Monday now.

Chance

I remember reading
there was some cases of Mandarake selling bootleg plushies but never figures. All the figures I've received from them are legit.

from my atleast 20-40 purchases? all legit

Thank you. :) first Manda order made (after dealing with my CC company to let the charge go through). My girl is gonna' flip.

3.png

Replicant

I'm not usually into any bishoujo figurines, let alone something from Idolmaster. But for some reason, I felt compelled to buy this:

dhLWjQy.jpg

Maybe because I've had a soft spot for spellcaster ever since I saw Alice from "Shadow Hearts" game.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Kiunch Garage Kit Yolo Adventure

When was the last update? like 3 months ago... I finally man up and move on to the second steps! Here's everything all pin up and ready to prime!

So most people recommend to start a kit by doing:

Gray Primer -> White Coat -> Coloring;

Since I am so freaking smart, I bypass all those by going

White Primer -> Coloring;

Well... biggest $14 mistake of my life. White primer need several coats to cover a kit, while gray primer took 1-2 coats. White primer doesn't cover tiny scratches, in fact, it highlights them. I went crazy sanding for 2 hours while cursing the gkmodel for such horrible casting. After I ran out of white primer, I gave up and used the gray primer instead, to my surprise, all scratches disappear. Now I think about it, the mistake is more like $21, the original white primer + half cans of gray. Oh well, at least the second step is done.

I can't wait and see how I going to screw up my next step. Yes that's an unfinish gunpla laying next to it, I think I have some kind of ADD.

When was the last update? like 3 months ago... I finally man up and move on to the second steps! Here's everything all pin up and ready to prime!

Well... biggest $14 mistake of my life. White primer need several coats to cover a kit, while gray primer took 1-2 coats. White primer doesn't cover tiny scratches, in fact, it highlights them. I went crazy sanding for 2 hours while cursing the gkmodel for such horrible casting. After I ran out of white primer, I gave up and used the gray primer instead, to my surprise, all scratches disappear. Now I think about it, the mistake is more like $21, the original white primer + half cans of gray. Oh well, at least the second step is done.

I can't wait and see how I going to screw up my next step. Yes that's an unfinish gunpla laying next to it, I think I have some kind of ADD.

I'd like to try my hand at Garage Kits, but I have no idea where to start lol.

exemp30

Who is this supposed to be? Can I get pictures of a completed kit please?

Bloodember

Thinking of getting a few gk, what kind of paint do you use? Also do you use spray cans or an airbrush? I have an airbrush, just don't know what kind of paint to use.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I'd like to try my hand at Garage Kits, but I have no idea where to start lol.

Go to http://www.reddit.com/r/resinkits/, on the right side there's a bunch of very great tutorials. The one I liked the best https://www.youtube.com/user/leonasworkshop/ for video, and http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/9269 for written tutorial.

Who is this supposed to be? Can I get pictures of a completed kit please?

I wasn't going to post it, because it will be painful comparing what I done to the sample, but it is this one.

What kind of primer are you using that it costs that much money?

tam87044.jpg

It is cheaper to use airbrush primer, but spray can is much easier. I might have to start using airbrush primer since garage kit use a lot more primer than gunpla.

Thinking of getting a few gk, what kind of paint do you use? Also do you use spray cans or an airbrush? I have an airbrush, just don't know what kind of paint to use.

I use spray can for primer, airbrush for paints. Vallejo model and game air lines for color, but I am going to test out Mr.Color lacquer on this kit.

Go to http://www.reddit.com/r/resinkits/, on the right side there's a bunch of very great tutorials. The one I liked the best https://www.youtube.com/user/leonasworkshop/ for video, and http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/9269 for written tutorial.

I wasn't going to post it, because it will be painful comparing what I done to the sample, but it is this one.

tam87044.jpg

It is cheaper to use airbrush primer, but spray can is much easier. I might have to start using airbrush primer since garage kit use a lot more primer than gunpla.

I use spray can for primer, airbrush for paints. Vallejo model and game air lines for color, but I am going to test out Mr.Color lacquer on this kit.

Wait, are the eyes usually decals?

Sheet, that's like half the reason I never tried these things haha.

Railyn

Neo Member
Smallest amiami box ive ever got.

Syo figure is this month, hope alter delays ^_^

WHOA. WHOA WAIT.

AmiAmi has boxes this thin??

They shipped a clearfile and a small book in a box that comfortably fits like two Nendo boxes stacked up. Like wtf?! Over 3/4 of my box was paper. Were they hoping I'd slide in a figure last minute or something? :/

(Side note, I forgot to order that Samezuka file. >_> )

Only $40 shipped though. I can't afford not to buy it at that price.

I'm pretty sure you could if you wanted. I'm not so fond of the Femme Fatales line. They're a bit lacking in some areas. I bought the Atom Eve figure they did, and while she isn't terrible, you can see the base layer under the paint used for her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom